Poll: Should we have a women's board on this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should we have a women only board on this forum?

Yes. Female members need their own board to post in without being unfairly attacked by women haters.
26%
No. Why should they get a ladies only board? If they can't stand the heat, then they shouldn't come here.
74%

Total votes: 38
Winston
Site Admin

Poll: Should we have a women's board on this forum?

Post by Winston »

Zboy1 suggested that since a lot of female posters here were being unfairly attacked by women haters, we should create a women only board here for them to post on without being attacked by women haters. What do you all think of this idea?

We could have that board hidden, or viewable to all but only allow women and non-women haters to post there. Or just women only.

What do you think?

Let's take a poll. Cast your vote above.
Last edited by Winston on June 13th, 2013, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

The reason this forum exists is because of the issues facing men when it comes to dating in the Anglosphere. Women in Anglo countries don't have it even half as bad as men do, so I can't understand why exactly they need their own forum. While I have no problem with women posting here, we must remember that it is men who are suffering in the Anglosphere, not women, and so therefore this site's overall mission must remain that of helping men in the Anglosphere, not women. We do not need Anglo women coming on here and acting like we're evil simply because we want to immigrate to countries where male-female relations actually work. It's the same reason why in Mexico I avoid American women at all costs. I don't need them acting like I'm a pervert simply because I prefer feminine women who believe in wearing a skirt or dress more than once a year and don't cut their hair short or get tattoos and who actually dress up to go out with their boyfriends instead of wearing jeans.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I don't think there are very many woman haters here at all, if any. Western culture haters and critics of certain women yes, but woman haters, I really don't think so.

No, I don't think women should be given a sanctuary here. There's no need. Would a feminist (aka actual real man haters mostly) forum give us the same? Would any forum at all do it? To do so would be to imply that we're a bunch of woman haters and that's not true. It's like saying "Hey join our forum, but we're mostly bast ards here so here's a nice little space just for you". It would very much undermine your credibility if you did it.

Winston, think about what you're suggesting. You have spent years travelling to other countries and experiencing different types of females, and cultures and mindsets, and your eyes have been opened. And yet, despite all that, you're considering giving women their own space on your forum, to protect them from some imaginary horde of nasty men, when you know that the problem isn't women, it's western culture, and we're not woman haters.

I think that if a woman wants to join this forum she should be treated / dealt with according to her merits or otherwise. Instead of giving women privileges here, you should apply a bit of discipline to anyone who is unnecessarily rude (like me with Ginger - I did go overboard, but then again she was fictional so who cares) and just leave it at that.

Having said all that, I do think it would be a good idea to make it clear who is female on this forum. Maybe make their name appear in pink or something. Perhaps you could also do something to show who is a western female and who is a foreign female.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

I have only been a member on this site for a few months but I don't see females getting unfairly attacked. I think if you post something silly, then you should be called out for it whether you are a male or female. I see males and females being equally attacked on this board.

Why do men always give in to what a woman wants? There are literally thousands of online forums where women can go and share their opinions. Unless they are open to dating/living abroad, I don't see any need for a female to be here.

I am not a woman hater. I actually love women and think they are the most beautiful physical specimens on this earth. But if I wanted to read what they had to say, I would go to Craigslist not HA.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I also don't see the need for a reserved section.

I like Johny's idea about designating the sex of the poster. I certainly speak differently with women in real life, so why not online?

I would like to see some threads on womens topics though. Like:
--Would you tell your kid sister or daughter to leave the US?
--What advice would you give a young woman who is living in the us, to avoid becoming undesirable?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've been on a road trip all week through Arizona and Utah and thought of an idea.

How about if we just create a separate forum for female fans of Happier Abroad altogether? That way, the ones that felt unwelcome here, such as Lovelybunny and others, can post there amongst themselves without hostility. Of course, they could post here too, but if they felt unwelcome they could always go over to the other one. I could create a separate forum such as:

www.happierabroad.com/women/index.php

What do you think? I will PM and email all the female fans here who have posted here and/or written me before, and see if they would like that and be willing to participate.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I've been on a road trip all week through Arizona and Utah and thought of an idea.

How about if we just create a separate forum for female fans of Happier Abroad altogether? That way, the ones that felt unwelcome here, such as Lovelybunny and others, can post there amongst themselves without hostility. Of course, they could post here too, but if they felt unwelcome they could always go over to the other one. I could create a separate forum such as:

What do you think? I will PM and email all the female fans here who have posted here and/or written me before, and see if they would like that and be willing to participate.
I think that's a great idea, Winston! Lots of women feel unhappy in the United States and other Anglo countries...it's not only the men looking to travel and date overseas.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

IMHO females only brings out the worse in the male population of this forum, if we create a female only forum then the misogynists would just go on their forum and make the girlies uncomfortable. No privilege should be given to the princesses. End of story.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

:roll:
:o

Winston can u make it pink pleaseee XD !!! lol
hIhihihihi... joking

Well even though it sounds like a good idea we arent that many :P
and sort of feel no one would read our post lol

Lets be honest we are like 10-15 female members in HA :9

and yet ironically i did felt atacked in one ocassion , for no reason , besides that i pretty much ve enjoyed my stay here :)
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi all,

I think that's a great idea, Winston! Lots of women feel unhappy in the United States and other Anglo countries...it's not only the men looking to travel and date overseas.
Yeah it would seem so. Many females write me in agreement as well. So we should give them a voice as well. The only drawback is that it might look divisive to divide this forum by gender.
jboy wrote:IMHO females only brings out the worse in the male population of this forum, if we create a female only forum then the misogynists would just go on their forum and make the girlies uncomfortable. No privilege should be given to the princesses. End of story.
Well no. The women's forum would be moderated, and only males who don't attack them would be allowed to participate.
colibri wrote: Winston can u make it pink pleaseee XD !!! lol
hIhihihihi... joking

Well even though it sounds like a good idea we arent that many
and sort of feel no one would read our post lol

Lets be honest we are like 10-15 female members in HA :9

and yet ironically i did felt atacked in one ocassion , for no reason , besides that i pretty much ve enjoyed my stay here
How about purple or red? lol

Yeah but even 10 - 15 would be a good start. I also know some on my email list that may participate as well, including KristinetheStrawberryGirl, who used to post here. Besides, it may help get the ball rolling.

And we can add a new topic board to it as well, called "Dating Foreign Men". That should be interesting. lol.

Other boards we could add to it would be:

- Taking back our femininity
- Being a misfit woman in America
- Dating men in foreign cultures
- Women living abroad
- Women's health
Etc.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Having a separate forum altogether is the same thing as having a section for them here. There's no difference. And I can't believe you still think that they need a sanctuary to protect them from us. You're still giving the same message : We hate women, so here's a space for you. Why? Why would you do that? Is that how you see us? I think that's terrible.

If you want to make women feel welcome, there are ways to do that which don't simultaneously make us all out to be haters of women. For example, you could have a section for women, to talk about stuff that pertains more to women than men, but in which anyone can post. Or you can have a separate forum altogether but we should be allowed to post there too.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Winston,

Just say NO. Either they get with the program or outside they go. Everytime men give women a platform/soapbox to speak on, it diminishes the quality thereon after.

Ancient Greek, Ancient Rome, The USA ("Sure, Susan B. Anthony. We shall do that!" "Sure, Gloria Steinem, what brilliancy this brings!"), this forum (if you actually do woman's section)

There's a reason why women are paid less, sir.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with giving non-western women and such supporters their own section on the forum if they so desire it. Now western women? Eeew. :D

Keep western hoes out of the forum, period!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:Having a separate forum altogether is the same thing as having a section for them here. There's no difference. And I can't believe you still think that they need a sanctuary to protect them from us. You're still giving the same message : We hate women, so here's a space for you. Why? Why would you do that? Is that how you see us? I think that's terrible.

If you want to make women feel welcome, there are ways to do that which don't simultaneously make us all out to be haters of women. For example, you could have a section for women, to talk about stuff that pertains more to women than men, but in which anyone can post. Or you can have a separate forum altogether but we should be allowed to post there too.
You would be allowed to post there of course. But there would probably be a female moderator, and if you were disruptive, she could ban you if she saw fit to do so.

There are apparently some women out there, including Western women, who prefer foreign men and foreign cultures too. The thing is, there is no forum that I know of that caters to them. We could be the first, hence another new niche. :)

If anyone is interested in a niche with no competition, here's one:

As far as I know, there is no dating site catering to American women seeking Foreign men, but I heard that the interest is out there. I've been told that there are plenty of French and Italian men who are interested in American women for some reason. So, if someone wanted to start up such a dating site, they would be in a niche with no competition. Just to let you know, if anyone is interested.