Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Banning Poll

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should ThePrimeBait, Cornfed, and Mr.Darcy be banned?

Yes
7
25%
No
21
75%
 
Total votes : 28

Banning Poll

Postby fschmidt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 am

Not that I believe in democracy, but I am curious to see what the majority think.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX







Postby Winston » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Why do you want to ban them? For what reason?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Voice of Reason » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Winston wrote:Why do you want to ban them? For what reason?


zboy made a post asking who should be banned, and apparently many HA forum members want those three users banned.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Out of the West

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 pm

I think democracy is nothing more than mob rule. Cornfed is clearly not a troll; he has opinions and beliefs (which he argues for instead of just throwing around) that some here do not like. This forum is supposed to be based in free speech. And if they are banned, I will leave too. I can't stay and support such hypocrisy. And this forum has fallen in other ways as well. I would rather take what help I can offer and help those with better principles and morals.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby fschmidt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Winston wrote:Why do you want to ban them? For what reason?

I don't want them banned. I voted no. But it seems that they have been banned. See:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22133
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22136
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Jester » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 am

Sorry to hear if Cornfed has been banned, he is abrupt and refreshing.

Mr. Darcy has done some racebaiting and trolling, easy to ignore though.

Primebait is a troll-y sometimes, other times he has valid comments.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby ?????? » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:33 am

Just to let everyone know, I did not participate in the vote that got Primebait and Cornfed banned. I haven't been here as long so I don't really know them. So I stayed out of it.
??????
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 am

Postby magnum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm

I disagree with a lot of cornfeds crap, but that isn't to say he should be banned.

if we are going to ban based on ass whole rhetoric and opinion or even immorality we would have no forum members.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Pretty much what Magnum says. They don't bother me to the point that they should be banned.

I just wish better posters came back. I miss cats like AiB, ContrarianExpatriate, All_Is_Man, more posts from SkateboardStephen, at least we have Terrance back when I thought he was scared away, a lot of other guys I had not mentioned should be here. Spammers are the only ones whom should be banned. Enough said.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby tre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:22 pm

I just added my vote for NO...first time I'd seen the poll.

Who wants a bet that this banning does more harm than good? Did we not learn anything from the ridiculous AIB ban?
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby tre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Ghost wrote:I think democracy is nothing more than mob rule.


^^^Exactly right. However, even in the heavily flawed system of democracy, these guys wouldn't have been banned according to the overall votes....
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby Rock » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 am

tre wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think democracy is nothing more than mob rule.


^^^Exactly right. However, even in the heavily flawed system of democracy, these guys wouldn't have been banned according to the overall votes....


Exactly. Here we have a mod who initiates a poll to skirt responsibility but when it doesn't go his way, he still bans them and cites majority rule. When called-out on this, he claims many of the offended posters refused to even vote until the 'trolls' were gone.

If we take him at face value on this (over 12 additional non-voting posters PMing him), then we are encouraged to secretly whine to mods to get what we want here. But more realistically, I think we all know that he didn't get PMs from that many quiet contributing members.

zboy1 himself wanted this and when his little poll didn't work, he moved-on to plan b - manipulate the truth to justify the bans instead of accepting the poll outcome or taking personal responsibility for his actions.

If I could be given a one-time unconditional ban hammer, guess who I would use it on.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Mr Natural » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 am

Rock wrote: we have a mod who initiates a poll .... but .... we are encouraged to secretly whine to mods to get what we want here.


I found that interesting as well. Also thought it was amusing that in the thread where he was asking who should be banned, seems Winstons name came up most often.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
User avatar
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: North Dakota

Postby fschmidt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm

The vote right now is 5 for banning and 18 against banning. So even on democratic grounds there is no justification for this ban. I will stop actively posting here until this ban is reversed.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby davewe » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 pm

If a mod or the forum owners want to ban someone - that is their right. If someone breaks a rule - or breaks it often - I have no problem banning him. But asking everyone's opinion seems silly. The mod either has the guts to do it or don't do it - and suffer the complaints either way.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest