Poll: Do you want a live chatroom in the forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Do you want a live chat window here?

Yes. That would be great! Then we could chat live in real time, like a group instant messenger!
63%
No. We don't need it. We can just converse in the forum. A chatroom may slow down the forum.
25%
I don't care either way. I don't have an opinion.
13%

Total votes: 24
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Do you want a live chatroom in the forum?

Post by Winston »

Is anyone still interested in having a chatroom or shout box here? If so, this is supposed to work with the new forum.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... x_shoutbox

@eurobrat? You still around?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I put up the chat box on the forum. See the forum index page. The shout box is at the bottom. It's like a live chat box. Note that the chat box is only on the index page, which is the forum home page, but not any of the other forum pages. Try it out. Hope you like it. I'll contact Eurobrat on Facebook Messenger about it, since he suggested it.

index.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Ok I found a way to put the shoutbox at the top of the forum rather than the bottom, where it's the least noticeable, which was a dumb idea to have as the default. Feel free to type something in it. However, I don't know how to get rid of the vertical structure of the word SHOUTBOX in it, which takes up unnecessary space. Still waiting for help from the developer.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, the posts in the shoutbox only last for 30 days. After that they will be pruned and reset.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm
Is anyone still interested in having a chatroom or shout box here? If so, this is supposed to work with the new forum.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... x_shoutbox

@eurobrat? You still around?
I'm alive.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does anyone know what's wrong with the shoutbox? Why doesn't it show? And why can't you post any messages in it? I guess I'll try to clear the data in the extension and see if that fixes it. Some spammer may have corrupted it.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

So where is the live chatroom we've been waiting for?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 7:13 pm
So where is the live chatroom we've been waiting for?
It's the shoutbox at the top of the forum index page. Don't you see it? That's the chat box. :P

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Since no one is using the shoutbox anymore, should we get rid of the shoutbox and increase the recent topics section to 10, which will doubt its size? What do you all think?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this mchat mod for the forum that creates a live chatroom with lots of features. Do you guys prefer it to the shoutbox we have now?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

@eurobrat what do you think? You were the one who wanted this. Can you bring @Jester back too, since you wanna use this to chat with him?

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Bring it on. But under one condition, HAVE ACTUAL ADMINISTRATORS ON THE LIVE CHAT. Imagine if Spencer, MacDaddy, PAG, or StanfordGuy ooops I mean the same person were to be on the chat with no admin with the way the forum now is run, it would become disastrous. Just a warning.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 8:05 pm
Bring it on. But under one condition, HAVE ACTUAL ADMINISTRATORS ON THE LIVE CHAT. Imagine if Spencer, MacDaddy, PAG, or StanfordGuy ooops I mean the same person were to be on the chat with no admin with the way the forum now is run, it would become disastrous. Just a warning.
The mchat mod contains permissions so we could disallow certain members from using the chatroom at all. So no need for an admin or moderator. I'm not sure if the chat room opens in a separate window or not. It seems like it does. It looks like a popup from the preview images.

andrewfitzpatrick
Freshman Poster

Post by andrewfitzpatrick »

Do have a discord chat for the forum yet?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is a discord chat? All we have is the shoutbox on the main page, but hardly anyone uses it.

andrewfitzpatrick
Freshman Poster

Post by andrewfitzpatrick »

Discord is a chat app. It has 250 million users.
https://discordapp.com/