Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Poll: Should we change the forum to MyBB? (like Rooshv's)

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should we change the forum software to MyBB? (like Rooshv's forum)

Yes. MyBB looks nicer and has better features. If Rooshv's forum does well with it, then that's a good indicator.
56%
No. I prefer the forum the way it is.
22%
No. I think you should upgrade to phpBB3 instead.
22%

Total votes : 9

Poll: Should we change the forum to MyBB? (like Rooshv's)

Postby Winston » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi all,
Eurobrat and I were talking today about the forum theme. How about this: Instead of upgrading the forum to the new version of phpbb3, how about we change the forum software altogether to MyBB, which is what the Rooshv forum uses? Here is what the MyBB theme looks like on Rooshv's forum.

http://www.rooshvforum.com

MyBB has some features that phpBB doesn't, such as the reputation system where you can vote or like posts and members. (which would be Jester's dream come true lol). Here is a list of their features.

http://www.mybb.com/features/

MyBB also has a merge system which will easily convert this forum's database into theirs.

http://www.mybb.com/download/merge-system/

What do you all think? Should we just change over to MyBB rather than upgrade to phpBB3? The theme on MyBB looks nicer than the phpBB3 templates I think. Plus if it works well for Rooshv's forum, which gets a lot of traffic, then that's a good indicator, don't you think?

Let's do a poll on this. Cast your vote above!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Yohan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:56 pm

This forum works well, but should be upgraded to the newest version.

If you change to another forum software, you might run into unexpected troubles when transferring data and it might take a long time until all is operating normally again.

The poll is missing the option to choose other forum software, like IP-Board and others.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Winston that reputation system is horrible PLEASE DO NOT BRING IT TO THIS FORUM! It is so childish and reminds me of high school cliques. Absolutely don't change the forum to be like Roosh's that would be a disaster.

Also, you want to make sure the avatars remain the same size they are now (200 by 300 pixels). Just leave the forum the way it is now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 pm

There's one problem I forgot to mention. If we change over to MyBB, the forum software will probably rewrite all the URL's of the threads differently than phpBB. This means that all the links to forum threads on this site will be broken. I doubt if they can keep the URL's the same. I'll check the support forum of MyBB and see.

I like MyBB. But is it worth this consequence? All the interlinks in the forum will be broken.

But there is one advantage. MyBB writes the forum URL's with words in them, which is better for search engine optimization (SEO), rather than numbers like we have now. That could benefit us in the long run, because each thread will be ranked better in Google.

It's a tough call. What do you think?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem