Search feature request

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Search feature request

Post by Seeker »

How about adding a feature to the search engine which allows you to view all a poster's threads? Most forums have had this feature for years, I find it a very useful feature to have. It'd also be useful to have a feature that let you find mention of a particular word by a particular poster.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's no way to do that. Click on the Profile button in the user's post and then click "View all posts". That will bring up a list of the user's posts.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Yeah I know about that feature, it's not advanced enough. Isn't a more advanced search engine available as standard with phpbb3? With a software upgrade the forum would be so much easier to use.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Seeker wrote:Yeah I know about that feature, it's not advanced enough. Isn't a more advanced search engine available as standard with phpbb3? With a software upgrade the forum would be so much easier to use.
Maybe. When we upgrade to phpbb3, you can see. Or you can try it out on my other forum now, which uses phpbb3.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Did you try this search link above?

search.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Oh that's pretty useful thanks, even though not exactly what I was looking for.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well that page does have a search feature that you can search by author. Try it out.

search.php

Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Yeah I tried it, it's pretty useful but it gives ALL the threads the author posted in, not only the ones started by the author.