Wow, this website is super slow!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

The wrote:Same here man.....been noticing it for the past few days now....
It's like the Slowskys were put in charge. :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Winston wrote:What's wrong with VPS hosting? What do you suggest? A dedicated server? lol

My friend uses VPS and his site is super fast.

http://www.diagnose-me.com

Have you hacked this site Palo Alto guy?

I have no idea why this site would be slow. Have you tried restarting your computer?

Try my other forum. Is it loading slowly too?

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

If so, then it's a server problem. If not, then there's a problem with this forum.
:roll:

I told you before, YOU'RE sharing resources and they oblivious have you throttled, luddite! All your websites are slow. Your buddy probably has have a completely different configuration like nginx vs. Apache. Go hire a server admin for $100 and have him switch your shit to nginx. two gb of ram is nothing for Apache. Of course, you're probably looked into their configuration -- which is total shit. You can get a dedicated server for $50/mo if you know where to look.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthrea ... &t=1417908

But don't worry, I got this viewtopic.php?t=24742
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks PaloAltoGuy. But I don't want to sign up for webhosting companies with no reputation. I want a reputable webhost, like Bluehost.

Should I move over to their Pro Shared Hosting plan? It has less sites per server and more backup resources and unlimited hosting space, all for less too. I don't get why VPS hosting costs more when it has less resources than Pro Shared Hosting. Weird.

The details of Bluehost's Pro Shared Hosting plan are here:

http://www.bluehost.com/shared

I already contacted Bluehost support. They said they are not throttling my server and that my server is fine. Are you saying they are lying to me? Come on now. You are getting paranoid.

PaloAltoGuy, come clean now. Did you do something to this forum? Did you hack it? You did threaten to before. If you did, please undo whatever you did.

Btw, the thread here with your name on it is no longer in Google search results by the way. It's been deindexed.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I talked to Bluehost support again. They gave me these instructions to repair and optimize the database.

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/496

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/435

The first link is easy to understand. But I don't understand what the second link is about. Can anyone tell me what to do with that?

I'll try this out and see if it works.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I just repaired and optimized the database tables in this forum according to these instructions:

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/496

Is the forum still loading slowly?

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Looking at the stop watch on my clock. It's about a 20-30 second load time between pages.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Yeah, it has been going slowly for the past week or so.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Winston wrote:Thanks PaloAltoGuy. But I don't want to sign up for webhosting companies with no reputation. I want a reputable webhost, like Bluehost.

Should I move over to their Pro Shared Hosting plan? It has less sites per server and more backup resources and unlimited hosting space, all for less too. I don't get why VPS hosting costs more when it has less resources than Pro Shared Hosting. Weird.

I already contacted Bluehost support. They said they are not throttling my server and that my server is fine. Are you saying they are lying to me? Come on now. You are getting paranoid.

PaloAltoGuy, come clean now. Did you do something to this forum? Did you hack it? You did threaten to before. If you did, please undo whatever you did.

Btw, the thread here with your name on it is no longer in Google search results by the way. It's been deindexed.
You probably have outgrown shared hosting dude. How many visitors does this forum get each & every day? Any host in their right mind would set the maximum resource usage to 10%. You have to find out what your resource usage is. I'm guessing your PhpBB is using 1 GB of memory just to show the forum index. You could increase the memory_limit variable in php.ini file. That may help -- if you're not actually using a lot of memory. Change it to 250mb. If you don't know how, ask your host to do it for you. Then have them restarted the MySQL service for your so called fixes to go into effect.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Paloaltoguy wrote:
Winston wrote:Thanks PaloAltoGuy. But I don't want to sign up for webhosting companies with no reputation. I want a reputable webhost, like Bluehost.

You probably have outgrown shared hosting dude. How many visitors does this forum get each & every day? Any host in their right mind would set the maximum resource usage to 10%. You have to find out what your resource usage is. I'm guessing your PhpBB is using 1 GB of memory just to show the forum index. You could increase the memory_limit variable in php.ini file. That may help -- if you're not actually using a lot of memory. Change it to 250mb. If you don't know how, ask your host to do it for you. Then have them restarted the MySQL service for your so called fixes to go into effect.
This forum gets around 3000 visitors a day, but most of them are hits from search engines from people who visit only one page. I think only about 1000 people visit this forum regularly. Google Analytics is complicated, but that's my rough guess from looking at the stats.

My site doesn't use that much resources according to my resource usage panel.

Where is this php.ini file? What directory is it in?

The database for this forum is about 400 to 500 MB. When its compressed it's about 140 MB.

Maybe Rock is partly to blame. He asked me to increase the PM inbox limit to 500 messages. That might have added too much data to the database. Too many PM's in the inbox and sentbox add data to the database.

The forum seems to be loading faster today after I optimized the database yesterday.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

pete98146 wrote:Looking at the stop watch on my clock. It's about a 20-30 second load time between pages.
I have noticed the same thing over the past few days. The web pages on this site take at least 20 to 30 seconds to load. I have never seen this forum so slow before.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yes Winston this has been running like dog shit. Get on it, elf.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

It takes me about 10-15 seconds to open a post.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We need to upgrade the forum to phpbb3 soon. I see no other way to solve this.

Is anyone else sometimes getting the error message "Could not connect to the database" when trying to post something?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Repatriate wrote:Yes Winston this has been running like dog shit. Get on it, elf.
:lol:

Ah, I love HA!!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Its been running super slow for the past 2 weeks, it used to be very fast

Maybe somebody hacked it, establishment trying to sabotage your efforts to spread knowledge and enlighten human race