Wow, this website is super slow!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Are you all ok with that theme? It looks kind of tacky and the blue looks kind of too bright, but it's the only decent one on phpbb3 and happens to be the default theme as well.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

Are you all ok with that theme? It looks kind of tacky and the blue looks kind of too bright, but it's the only decent one on phpbb3 and happens to be the default theme as well.
Winston that theme does look tacky and the blue looks too bright. The avatars are too small as well, you need to keep them the same size they are now, 200 by 300 pixels.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
Winston wrote:Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

Winston that theme does look tacky and the blue looks too bright. The avatars are too small as well, you need to keep them the same size they are now, 200 by 300 pixels.
Yeah it's tacky. But we have no choice. This forum is slowing down and may stop working eventually. Probably because the database size is too big. But the theme is customizable. We change the blue color to one like this one. And the avatar sizes can be changed too.

When I asked Rock if the forum is faster now, he said that it's as fast as a turtle on sleeping pills. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taco wrote:Your wrong. This forum is being monitored by a "higher power". I just tried to add a new topic under Government and Law and it didn't work due to the inflammatory nature of the topic,"Detention Of Americans With Respiratory Illness". If you go to the Government and Law section you will see the heading of the last topic is blank and cannot be accessed by clicking on it.
Why would the NSA or shadowy government want to slow this forum down?

Yeah I was wondering how you posted an untitled thread. Did you use the mobile version of this forum? Perhaps the double quotation marks messed it up. This forum can't process double quotation marks for some reason. I'm referring to this: "text"

I already edited your post and inserted the title anyway. Is that the title you intended?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The support staff on the phpbb support forum don't seem to know what's slowing this forum down either. See my discussion thread with them here.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2265076

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Post by Winston »

Hi everyone,
Ok well I upgraded the forum. But there are lots of bugs and kinks to work out. See the announcement here and list of new features.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:Hi everyone,
Ok well I upgraded the forum. But there are lots of bugs and kinks to work out. See the announcement here and list of new features.

Yes, there are definitely a few bugs here and there, but the overall speed...wow...going from night to day again. Do you know if the update involved a MySQL release update too?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I can confirm that this last forum update was very successful. The speed is excellent, I do not think any data are missing, except avatars. It seems most bugs are corrected. Thanks for doing a good job.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi everyone,

Yes, there are definitely a few bugs here and there, but the overall speed...wow...going from night to day again. Do you know if the update involved a MySQL release update too?
Well it let me select MySQLi this time instead of just MySQL. I don't know what the difference is.

But this newer forum is more compatible with the newer version of MySQL of course. MySQL gets updated too, but I don't update that. It's something automatically that the webhost provides.
Yohan wrote:I can confirm that this last forum update was very successful. The speed is excellent, I do not think any data are missing, except avatars. It seems most bugs are corrected. Thanks for doing a good job.
You are welcome. I'm glad you like it. I worked many hours on this upgrade. So I wish I received more thanks and appreciation like that.

I will try to fix the avatars if I can. I am getting help from the phpbb support forum now.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in China now and the forum loads slowly here, probably because of the firewall in China. It even loads slower when I use a VPN.

What about in America though? Does the forum still load fine and smooth there? Or any other countries you guys are in? Please give an update.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I can only confirm it works errorfree and with reasonable speed here in Tokyo, Japan.
I see nothing wrong with the performance of your forum.