Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Wow, this website is super slow!

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Are you all ok with that theme? It looks kind of tacky and the blue looks kind of too bright, but it's the only decent one on phpbb3 and happens to be the default theme as well.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby jamesbond » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Winston wrote:Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Are you all ok with that theme? It looks kind of tacky and the blue looks kind of too bright, but it's the only decent one on phpbb3 and happens to be the default theme as well.


Winston that theme does look tacky and the blue looks too bright. The avatars are too small as well, you need to keep them the same size they are now, 200 by 300 pixels.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby Winston » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:57 am

jamesbond wrote:
Winston wrote:Just to let you all know, once I upgrade this forum to phpbb3, it will be Prosilver theme. This is what it will look like.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Are you all ok with that theme? It looks kind of tacky and the blue looks kind of too bright, but it's the only decent one on phpbb3 and happens to be the default theme as well.


Winston that theme does look tacky and the blue looks too bright. The avatars are too small as well, you need to keep them the same size they are now, 200 by 300 pixels.


Yeah it's tacky. But we have no choice. This forum is slowing down and may stop working eventually. Probably because the database size is too big. But the theme is customizable. We change the blue color to one like this one. And the avatar sizes can be changed too.

When I asked Rock if the forum is faster now, he said that it's as fast as a turtle on sleeping pills. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Taco wrote:Your wrong. This forum is being monitored by a "higher power". I just tried to add a new topic under Government and Law and it didn't work due to the inflammatory nature of the topic,"Detention Of Americans With Respiratory Illness". If you go to the Government and Law section you will see the heading of the last topic is blank and cannot be accessed by clicking on it.


Why would the NSA or shadowy government want to slow this forum down?

Yeah I was wondering how you posted an untitled thread. Did you use the mobile version of this forum? Perhaps the double quotation marks messed it up. This forum can't process double quotation marks for some reason. I'm referring to this: "text"

I already edited your post and inserted the title anyway. Is that the title you intended?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:48 pm

The support staff on the phpbb support forum don't seem to know what's slowing this forum down either. See my discussion thread with them here.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2265076
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby Winston » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

Hi everyone,
Ok well I upgraded the forum. But there are lots of bugs and kinks to work out. See the announcement here and list of new features.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby publicduende » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Winston wrote:Hi everyone,
Ok well I upgraded the forum. But there are lots of bugs and kinks to work out. See the announcement here and list of new features.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873


Yes, there are definitely a few bugs here and there, but the overall speed...wow...going from night to day again. Do you know if the update involved a MySQL release update too?
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby Yohan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:50 pm

I can confirm that this last forum update was very successful. The speed is excellent, I do not think any data are missing, except avatars. It seems most bugs are corrected. Thanks for doing a good job.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby Winston » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:43 pm

publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi everyone,
Ok well I upgraded the forum. But there are lots of bugs and kinks to work out. See the announcement here and list of new features.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873


Yes, there are definitely a few bugs here and there, but the overall speed...wow...going from night to day again. Do you know if the update involved a MySQL release update too?


Well it let me select MySQLi this time instead of just MySQL. I don't know what the difference is.

But this newer forum is more compatible with the newer version of MySQL of course. MySQL gets updated too, but I don't update that. It's something automatically that the webhost provides.

Yohan wrote:I can confirm that this last forum update was very successful. The speed is excellent, I do not think any data are missing, except avatars. It seems most bugs are corrected. Thanks for doing a good job.


You are welcome. I'm glad you like it. I worked many hours on this upgrade. So I wish I received more thanks and appreciation like that.

I will try to fix the avatars if I can. I am getting help from the phpbb support forum now.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi all,
I'm in China now and the forum loads slowly here, probably because of the firewall in China. It even loads slower when I use a VPN.

What about in America though? Does the forum still load fine and smooth there? Or any other countries you guys are in? Please give an update.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Wow, this website is super slow!

Postby Yohan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:40 pm

I can only confirm it works errorfree and with reasonable speed here in Tokyo, Japan.
I see nothing wrong with the performance of your forum.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest