Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Opinions on New Forum Changes

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Opinions on New Forum Changes

Postby The » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:43 am

How do you guys feel about the new forum changes? Me personally, it looks and feels like shit...

Yeah its faster, but it feels so uncomfortable using it....

Your thoughts? :oops:
The
Junior Poster

Re: Opinions on New Forum Changes

Postby Paloaltoguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 am

The wrote:How do you guys feel about the new forum changes? Me personally, it looks and feels like shit...

Yeah, dude is too cheap to hired someone to design a proper theme. So what you have is low quality crap that looks like it was hacked together by a 4 year old. I had to increase the size of everything with Google zoom. Good thing I have my social website coming soon.
Guts Over Fear
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:25 pm

What are you guys talking about? This forum was put together by teams of experts and developers. What is so uncomfortable about it? It has a lot of new features too and looks a lot more modern.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby publicduende » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Winston,

Technical opinion, the website had a huge after switching to phpBB3, and possibly after rebuilding the database and/or upgrading MySQL to a later version. The system is appreciably faster and the theme is not too bad.

I appreciate that you're ironing out all the remaining glitches. As it stands, HA is back to being a pleasure to use.

Well done! :o
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:49 pm

The wrote:Yeah its faster, but it feels so uncomfortable using it....

I don't think the theme is so bad per se. I think the discomfort has more to do with the fact that we have been spending hundreds (if not thousands :? ) of hours eyeing the same set of colours, buttons, for years, and suddenly they all look different. The impact on the eye/brain is non-negligible.

It will get better over time.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:03 pm

publicduende wrote:Winston,

Technical opinion, the website had a huge after switching to phpBB3, and possibly after rebuilding the database and/or upgrading MySQL to a later version. The system is appreciably faster and the theme is not too bad.

I appreciate that you're ironing out all the remaining glitches. As it stands, HA is back to being a pleasure to use.

Thanks. The website had a "huge" what?

Btw, this forum does seem more complicated. That's why I was reluctant to switch for years. I explained that to you all many times over the last few years. I'm glad we finally did it though. It's a burden off my shoulders. lol

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby publicduende » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Winston wrote:
publicduende wrote:Winston,

Thanks. The website had a "huge" what?

Btw, this forum does seem more complicated. That's why I was reluctant to switch for years. I explained that to you all many times over the last few years. I'm glad we finally did it though. It's a burden off my shoulders. lol

LOL sorry, huge improvement, of course :) Posting from the office between build cycles, so my attention isn't exactly 100%...

The site does look more feature-rich, but everything that a typical HA user was familiar with is still there and in pretty much the same position. I am not an expert in forum systems, but this does look to me as an improvement and upgrade at many levels.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:38 pm

The wrote:How do you guys feel about the new forum changes? Me personally, it looks and feels like shit...

I agree, it's hard on the eyes with the blue background especially in the posting area.

It does look cheap the old forum looked much more modern and professional.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 pm

jamesbond wrote:

I agree, it's hard on the eyes with the blue background especially in the posting area.

It does look cheap the old forum looked much more modern and professional.

How do the colors look now? They should look close to the colors in the old forum. I used the same html color codes to create a new theme.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby chanta76 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 am

I prefer the old style forum. THis newer setup hurts my eyes looking at the forum but it's much faster than the older forum. Not sure why it was slow. Perhaps lots of bugs.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:39 am

chanta76 wrote:I prefer the old style forum. THis newer setup hurts my eyes looking at the forum but it's much faster than the older forum. Not sure why it was slow. Perhaps lots of bugs.

How so? I just installed the colors from the old forum here. So the theme should have the same colors now. Haven't you noticed that the colors have been changed to the ones from the old forum?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby WorldTraveler » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:11 am

In your personal messages. How do you now delete multiple messages? I couldn't find the delete button.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 am

WorldTraveler wrote:In your personal messages. How do you now delete multiple messages? I couldn't find the delete button.

You check mark the messages you want to delete by clicking the box to the right of them. And then at the bottom, you click on the submenu and select "delete marked" and then click Go.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem