Copy & Paste doesn't work

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Copy & Paste doesn't work

Post by Mr S »

I can't seem to be able to copy and paste text from one website to a discussion posting. I don't believe it's on my end cause I've been able to do it before with the previous board version. Is this a problem on your end or is it my browser/computer or something? I can post topics fine as long as I write it myself I just can't seem to copy text then paste to make a new post or comment on an existing one using that method.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Copy & Paste doesn't work

Post by Winston »

You can't turn off the ability to copy and paste in this forum. The website you are trying to copy text from probably has a copy lock on it that prevents that. Some sites have that. I've experienced it before. Have you tried copying text from that site and pasting it into Notepad? If so, does that work?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr S wrote:I can't seem to be able to copy and paste text from one website to a discussion posting. I don't believe it's on my end cause I've been able to do it before with the previous board version. Is this a problem on your end or is it my browser/computer or something? I can post topics fine as long as I write it myself I just can't seem to copy text then paste to make a new post or comment on an existing one using that method.
On some sites, you have to temporariy disable javascript to copy from them.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you really want to copy those copy-protected sites, you can probably do it by saving the page offline by using Control-S and then opening the offline file and copying and pasting from it.

You could also view the source code by using Control-U (on Google Chrome) and copy the text from there, but then you'd have to edit out all the code between the text, which would be a hassle.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I tried using text edit/Word and that seemed to work. I know some sites prevent copying but I forgot about it when I was trying to post and just figured it was cause of the forum change.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.