Why so many sub-forums?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Re: Why so many sub-forums?

Post by Boxman »

Really? That's the answer? Just click the "latest 100 topics" link every time? Don't even bother delving into the different sub forums depending on what I'm looking for? No targetted searches? Just randomnly browse the latest active threads?

In that case, why bother having any sub forums at all, then? Why not just have one big forum where all threads are listed together, and users can just click on the latest 100 link to browse whichever topics are active. If your point was that you somehow need 40+ subforums, I don't think you're making your case very well.

Tell me Winston, do you place any value in logical organization? Or are you one of those people whose office looks like a tornado went through it? This could explain a lot. There are different kinds of people.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Jester wrote:
MrMan wrote:If you use the top 100 feature, it doesn't matter that much. If you want to post, the only problem is you need to decide what forum to put it in.
Talking to Winston is like talking to a brick.

Neither one listens to you.

Except the brick stays quiet, and doesn't keep spouting stupid questions.
Well at least I care about truth and accuracy. Why don't you? You're not a truth seeker? Why do you assume every false criticism must be true even if it makes no sense?

Why don't you respond to my points rather than attack my character for not listening to every random statement, including false ones?
You need to respond to the suggestions people here make, rather than deflecting with questions of your own.

But then again Jester, you think that the Bible is established history. So you aren't exactly rational or sensible either. Accuracy doesn't appear to matter to you. Very odd.
Off topic.
You lose.
:wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
MrMan wrote:If you use the top 100 feature, it doesn't matter that much. If you want to post, the only problem is you need to decide what forum to put it in.
Talking to Winston is like talking to a brick.

Neither one listens to you.

Except the brick stays quiet, and doesn't keep spouting stupid questions.
Not true at all Jester. I listen to everything you say and factor it in. I point out your valid points and invalid points, as any wise discerning person should do. Don't you agree?

Why do you want me to listen to everyone here? Aren't I supposed to be the leader here? :p
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boxman wrote:Really? That's the answer? Just click the "latest 100 topics" link every time? Don't even bother delving into the different sub forums depending on what I'm looking for? No targetted searches? Just randomnly browse the latest active threads?

In that case, why bother having any sub forums at all, then? Why not just have one big forum where all threads are listed together, and users can just click on the latest 100 link to browse whichever topics are active. If your point was that you somehow need 40+ subforums, I don't think you're making your case very well.

Tell me Winston, do you place any value in logical organization? Or are you one of those people whose office looks like a tornado went through it? This could explain a lot. There are different kinds of people.
I recommended the active topics page. It's easier to read. If you want to do a targeted search you can use the Google search box at the top. It has indexed 95 percent of the threads here. Haven't you tried that yet?

I have subforums because everyone does. Have you seen the city data forum? It is one of the biggest forums and has more subforums than we do.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

I don't understand the problem. Can you explain? What's the difficulty of you navigating the forum? The subforum topics are laid out on the index page in a clear easy to read manner. So what's the problem?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Why do you want me to listen to everyone here? Aren't I supposed to be the leader here? :p
lol okay
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Winston wrote:
Boxman wrote:Really? That's the answer? Just click the "latest 100 topics" link every time? Don't even bother delving into the different sub forums depending on what I'm looking for? No targetted searches? Just randomnly browse the latest active threads?

I recommended the active topics page. It's easier to read. If you want to do a targeted search you can use the Google search box at the top. It has indexed 95 percent of the threads here. Haven't you tried that yet?

I have subforums because everyone does. Have you seen the city data forum? It is one of the biggest forums and has more subforums than we do.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

I don't understand the problem. Can you explain? What's the difficulty of you navigating the forum? The subforum topics are laid out on the index page in a clear easy to read manner. So what's the problem?
Good job Winston. This image from Jurassic World perfectly depicts how you should handle these dangerous subhumans.

exhamma
Freshman Poster

Why so many sub forums

Post by exhamma »

I'm still planning to upgrade, but haven't had a moment yet. I will actually have to take the forums offline 15-20 minutes to do so as well.