Question about email notifications

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Question about email notifications

Post by mentor »

How can I stop the forum, sending emails when one of the watched threads are updated?
I searched my control panel, I disabled all email notifications (receive mail from other members, administrators, etc), but still my mailbox receives email notifications.
How can I stop it?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Question about email notifications

Post by mentor »

Nobody knows?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Is there a solution, or am I obligated to have my mailbox full of notifications, either like it or not?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

If it is about a certain thread only you can enable or disable notifications by using not 'quick reply' in the middle, but click on the 'post reply' button left side down, and do not check, or if checked already uncheck 'notify me when a reply is posted' in the template before clicking on 'Submit'.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Yohan wrote:If it is about a certain thread only you can enable or disable notifications by using not 'quick reply' but the reply button left side down, and do not check 'notify me when a reply is posted'.
Ok, I will omit 'quick reply' and I will prefer 'post reply', regarding myself.

But what about the responses from other members? How can I stop receiving email notifications when someone posts something in a topic I am subscribed?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

User Control Panel
Overview
Manage Subscription

I think you cannot have both, to subscribe AND to cancel notifications, subscribe without notification does not make any sense I guess.
Or maybe I misunderstood something?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To stop receiving notifications from a "watched" or "subscribed" thread, click Reply in that thread, and then in the Reply form, below it, uncheck the box marked "Notify me when a reply is posted". Then you won't receive notifications of replies.

As far as PM's, go to your user control panel, and go to the PM section and try to find a settings tab that will disable notifications. If you can't find it, I'll try to do it for you. Let me know if you can't find a way to do it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne