Latest troll attack

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Latest troll attack

Post by HouseMD »

Ghost wrote:I guess affirmative action hiring even goes on at the NSA, or whatever alphabet fuckster agency the daddygov hires them on at. Paggy can't even come up with his own material, so he copy/pastes from Wikipedia. He also can't punctuate or write well. And his insults never evolved past the third grade level. Plus he's delusional to the point of severe mental illness. And...well, let's face it, he's perhaps the dumbest motherf***er we've ever had at HA.

Winston doesn't care at the moment because he's having the time of his life in China. He's only going to care when one of two things happens: 1. the forum gets disrupted and his income gets affected, or 2. he comes back to the U.S. and starts being very active on here again. Right now he's doing great in China and a few of us keep up off the forum.

It'd be a damn shame if he lets it go too far to the point where enough vets leave and legit newbies stop coming aboard. I don't know how long I'll stay. Other avenues are opening up. The divide among those who have gone abroad, those who want to but don't, and the trolls trying to f**k up everything, it has grown to be a fissure. The trolls themselves aren't really the problem - they're just a symptom.
I think this forum also has a huge problem in regard to considering anyone that doesn't buy into the conspiratorial dogma a troll.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

HouseMD wrote:I think this forum also has a huge problem in regard to considering anyone that doesn't buy into the conspiratorial dogma a troll.
Exactly what I said.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:Winston doesn't care at the moment because he's having the time of his life in China. He's only going to care when one of two things happens: 1. the forum gets disrupted and his income gets affected, or 2. he comes back to the U.S. and starts being very active on here again. Right now he's doing great in China and a few of us keep up off the forum.

It'd be a damn shame if he lets it go too far to the point where enough vets leave and legit newbies stop coming aboard. I don't know how long I'll stay. Other avenues are opening up. The divide among those who have gone abroad, those who want to but don't, and the trolls trying to f**k up everything, it has grown to be a fissure. The trolls themselves aren't really the problem - they're just a symptom.
Right, but I must say you are guilty of feeding the trolls Ghost.
What we should be doing instead is posting on the VIP forum some actual content. You should be posting details about living in China, together with pictures, I should put my stuff too, and of course Winston, let alone zboy, ethan_sg, eurobrat, etc.
There is a bit of an irony in that those who do go abroad get too distracted and don't take the time to make useful posts. And when they do there is not much of a response. We've pretty much lost duende (like him or not), now the kai, the adventurer, the white guy in china (his name escapes me now), and davewe, hamanta, seem gone too.
Last edited by droid on October 29th, 2015, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:Can someone please ban the female troll Eightfold Path, yick and whatever other alter egos she has
I do not think, EightfoldPath and Yick are the same posters.

However EightfoldPath is maybe gone already, no login since 6 days.

It is often not necessary to ban trolls, after a few days without receiving the replies/reaction of members they expect it's getting boring for them and they move on to somewhere else.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Yohan wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Can someone please ban the female troll Eightfold Path, yick and whatever other alter egos she has
I do not think, EightfoldPath and Yick are the same posters.

However EightfoldPath is maybe gone already, no login since 6 days.

It is often not necessary to ban trolls, after a few days without receiving the replies/reaction of members they expect it's getting boring for them and they move on to somewhere else.
That would be a shame since he isn't a troll. But the past is the past I suppose.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

droid wrote:
What we should be doing instead is posting on the VIP forum some actual content. You should be posting details about living in China, together with pictures, I should put my stuff too, and of course Winston, let alone zboy, ethan_sg, eurobrat, etc.

There is a bit of an irony in that those who do go abroad get too distracted and don't take the time to make useful posts. And when they do there is not much of a response. We've pretty much lost duende (like him or not), now the two black guys in china, the white guy in china (their names escape me now), and davewe, hamanta, seem gone too.
It is a bit unfair to blame only the members, the problem is also with this forum.
There is no gallery for pictures, no chat-room and I find this forum software somewhat outdated.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Yohan wrote:
droid wrote:

There is a bit of an irony in that those who do go abroad get too distracted and don't take the time to make useful posts. And when they do there is not much of a response. We've pretty much lost duende (like him or not), now the two black guys in china, the white guy in china (their names escape me now), and davewe, hamanta, seem gone too.
It is a bit unfair to blame only the members, the problem is also with this forum.
There is no gallery for pictures, no chat-room and I find this forum software somewhat outdated.
I and several other members have tried to push for an updated engine amongst other changes. Take that up with Winston.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Yohan wrote:There is no gallery for pictures, no chat-room and I find this forum software somewhat outdated.
Those changes would make the forum a lot more appealing, I agree. A chatroom can be as simple as putting a link on the main page and creating an off-site chatroom for HappierAbroad, which people can sign up for under their usernames. This would be ridiculously easy to accomplish and would allow more of an exchange of thoughts and ideas in a private setting without having to exchange personal details.

Furthermore, the expat-only subforum should be made invisible to non-members, which is not currently the case. This would result in more members feeling free to share things they would otherwise keep to themselves, knowing the forums are publically visible. It would make me more comfortable sharing my experiences with people I believe truly deserve my help, rather then with nobodies who aren't going to use it anyway, or will use it for the wrong reasons.

There is no shame in being a little more exclusive. And there is no shame in updating our horribly outdated forum software. These features are easy to install, it's really not rocket science and would help a lot. Trolling would be a thing of the past. And viewership would not lessen, since trolls could still flood the visible main forums if they'd want to. They just wouldn't be able to cause any harm or deter the quality posters from being a part of the community.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Furthermore, the expat-only subforum should be made invisible to non-members, which is not currently the case. This would result in more members feeling free to share things they would otherwise keep to themselves, knowing the forums are publicly visible. It would make me more comfortable sharing my experiences with people I believe truly deserve my help, rather then with nobodies who aren't going to use it anyway, or will use it for the wrong reasons.
I'm not even a member of it and I agree there. The bold text is dead-on. You couldn't shoot any straighter with a rail gun, in my opinion. That's why I mainly private message or join chat groups like the one CBC is working on. The last thing you'd want is someone to travel, do something dodgy and just generally poison the well for everyone based on the advice you gave, or simply split hairs on the advice/information given and use it to fuel their own agendas. We simply cannot agree more on this subject.
MarcosZeitola wrote:There is no shame in being a little more exclusive. And there is no shame in updating our horribly outdated forum software. These features are easy to install, it's really not rocket science and would help a lot. Trolling would be a thing of the past. And viewership would not lessen, since trolls could still flood the visible main forums if they'd want to. They just wouldn't be able to cause any harm or deter the quality posters from being a part of the community.
It would be a win-win. The trolls would have the majority of the forum to post their stuff, while the 1%ers would have less than 10% of the site with the members-only forum. The site maintains its free-speech illusion, whilst the productive lot gets their information sharing. Everyone wins. Sadly, membership could still lessen as they'd have immediate access to the troll enclave (the 99%). With that being the first thing they see, they are likelier to F off. I've admin'd my fair share of forums in the past. While trolling would never go away, it would be irrelevant as the members who would do well in the member-only areas (such as you, for example), should only be concerned with the member-only areas. Anyone who steps outside of that and engages the troll enclave is on their own, as they shouldn't be so keen on negativity anyway.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BlackKnight (PAG) has crossed the line this time with his latest thread created for no purpose other than to mean-spiritedly attack me and Ghost.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28560

He will receive a warning for this. He is close to being banned. Threads like that contribute nothing of value here. They are nothing but bullying threads in mean-spirited fashion designed to incite a flame war. They are nothing but ad hominem attacks without value, done out of cruelty and mean-spiritedness. Very vulgar and degenerate. What scum.

Also, the poll we started about whether PAG should be banned or not seem to show that the majority here want him banned.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23958
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote: Paid trolls? Yeah. the Illuminati are totally paying trolls to go and harass the two dozen or so regular posters here
It is well known that governments and certain corporations do indeed hire trolls. Why should they not? A single productive troll could waste the time of dozens of dissidents, bringing about a similar result to imprisoning several of them at vastly reduced expense. Of course it is not worth their while to target all forums all the time, but they get around.
Believe it or not there's a fairly large group of us that believe that there are a good number of reasons to be happier abroad, but disagree with certain aspects of the prevailing thought around here.
You could characterize me as one of those on certain issues. No-one is saying there is anything wrong with this.
HA isn't nearly important enough of a forum for anyone to be hiring shills. There are far, far more efficient uses of money and time if one wants to keep people oppressed or misinformed. It's like saying I could buy an ad during a Sunday football game or on late night public TV, but both will cost the same, because trolling is trolling. Obviously you pick the big game.
Maybe, but you might have missed this thread where I reported the shocking discovery that someone from the NSA had registered on this forum with an nsa.gov email address. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15174
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:Moderators here can't really look into issues like this one because we can't see user emails and IPs. So Winston has to handle this.
Fschmidt, you can view user IP's. Click on the question mark symbol ? in the top right corner of any post to view the poster's IP at the time of that post. PM me if you have any problems. But yeah, you can view IP's. I went under your permissions and verified that you can.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

drealm wrote:I do agree multiple account users should be banned. This isn't a conflict with free speech. They can use one account and still say whatever they want. I'm not sure if Eightfold Path / Yick is the same user but I did see two comments from both of them one after another in my recent thread.
Ok I looked at some IP's here. It turns out that Blue Murder, Laboratory Mouse and Eightfold Path have the same IP. When I looked up Eightfold Path's IP, I got this report:
OTHER USERS POSTING FROM THIS IP POSTS
Blue Murder 253
Hackenfall Backslash 39
Laboratory Mouse 7
So it looks like they may all be Blue Murder. Why would he have multiple accounts? He is not even banned anymore. Strange guy.

Anyway, I don't see that Yick is one of them. In fact, Yick contacted me and asked why he was banned. I looked at his posts and don't see any reason for his ban, so I will probably be unbanning him. I will ask the moderators why they banned him. He appears to just be some Spanish guy.