Poll: Does Winston give a damn about his own forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Poll: Does Winston give a damn about his own forum?

No, he doesn't get rid of trolls or clean up the spam since they make it look more active. Claiming he had to let all trolls back in due to a technicality was just an excuse
50%
Intermediate opinion
14%
Yes, but he is so hell bent on free speech that prefers to err on the side of freedom.
17%
Does Winston really make a living out of this?
19%

Total votes: 36
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Does Winston give a damn about his own forum?

Post by Winston »

To all you naysayers who claim this forum is dying out............

OBJECTIVE PROOF in a few seconds that you are WRONG!

Click here:

search.php?search_id=active_topics

As you can see, there are currently 76 active topics here in the last 7 days. This means in the past week, 76 threads in this forum have received PARTICIPATION activity! That's a lot of activity and participation. Better than most forums.

That's objective hard proof that you guys are WRONG!

In fact, not much has changed since 2009 or 2010. It's been this way for years. The level of activity has been similar for years. That's the objective hard proof that I see, easily proven in seconds if one clicks the links above.

Yet in spite of this, some of you naysayers keep claiming that the forum is dying down, yet you give no objective proof at all. Are you guys insane????????? Rock, what are you smoking?! Why you ignoring objective proof?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:
droid wrote:@Winston
PM me the latesttopics.php file, see if maybe i can suggest something
Ok I'll do that when I get home and have access to that file. For now though, try this:

view-source:latesttopics.php

Does that show you anything helpful? You can view the source code of any webpage by pushing Control U. At least on Firefox browser you can.
Unfortunately no Winston, that's just the html, which is just composed by the php code when you request the page. The actual code is usually hidden from visitors.

The php code has the loop that requests the 100 topics by timestamp or what not and then composes the links into the html.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:To all you naysayers who claim this forum is dying out............

OBJECTIVE PROOF in a few seconds that you are WRONG!

Click here:

search.php?search_id=active_topics

As you can see, there are currently 76 active topics here in the last 7 days. This means in the past week, 76 threads in this forum have received PARTICIPATION activity! That's a lot of activity and participation. Better than most forums.

That's objective hard proof that you guys are WRONG!

In fact, not much has changed since 2009 or 2010. It's been this way for years. The level of activity has been similar for years. That's the objective hard proof that I see, easily proven in seconds if one clicks the links above.

Yet in spite of this, some of you naysayers keep claiming that the forum is dying down, yet you give no objective proof at all. Are you guys insane????????? Rock, what are you smoking?! Why you ignoring objective proof?
This forum used to be predominantly focused on Happier Abroad topics. Now so much of the non-spam content is out in left field.

Winston, you only show up once in awhile and sometimes you don't respond to threads directed at you for weeks at least. Also, since you open Most Active Topics instead of Latest 100 topics, you miss a lot of the less active but still interesting or important threads.

Think about who posts a lot these days, just a handful of names. A lot of stuff about race, internal bickering and one-up-manship conspiracy theories, complaints about American women and increasingly women abroad, and loads of spam.

You've pretty much lost content producers like Lad, Momopi, Falcon, Mr. S, North American Guy, Everdred, Daddy Wu, Steve55, Matt Hanson, most of the black American former posters, and myself among others. Some of us may post one-liners and short blurbs from time to time. But we're done being serious content producers because there really is no reward in writing for you Winston. Your forum like so many others is in sharp decline and you are pretty lazy about moderating it. Why don't you hire one or more of us to moderate and clean spam regularly?

If your forum still generates same income, good on you. The archives are still there. But most the content generated these days is quite tedious to boring and even that often get's diluted between lots of spam threads. And you can't even be bothered to read much of your forum or moderate on a consistent basis. You fly in sometimes once every week or two but still often ignore certain threads or posts which request your attention.

Return of Kings or even Roosh is a lot more interesting these days. You're forum allows free speech but it's pretty much gone to the dogs. Ask around. Maybe Starchild is happy with it but most of us realize it's just a shadow of it's former glory.

Good luck with everything in Angeles City.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just installed the new google recaptcha in the forum to stop the spam. Hopefully it should work this time. It utilizes googles most advanced technology.

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
With all due respect, I told you before, the quality of the topics here is subjective and a matter of interpretation. So by "forum in decline" you mean that the quality of posts here is going down, not the quantity or activity right? Well then that means you have a DIFFERENT position than Mr S, who was saying that the activity here was diminishing due to this site not being unique anymore and forums losing their appeals in general. Mr S was saying that the QUANTITY of posts here was going down, but you are saying it's the QUALITY. Thus you and him have different positions, so why then do you say that you agree with everything he wrote on the matter???

As to the quality of posts here, I see a mixed bag. Some topics are stupid, others are great, others are just ranting about things we hate in the world and in America. The usual. It's been that way for years. I do not see all topics as bad or low quality. I don't see where you get that.

Sure many topics here are not practical or useful. There is no rule that says that all posts here should be practical or useful. But not everyone comes to this forum because it's practical or useful. Many come here to vent amongst a sympathetic audience of like minded folks. Others come here for entertainment value. This forum has unique character, vibe and style. It's authentic and free flowing and some guys love it for that. Either way, we are still very unique. Mr S was definitely wrong about that. I explained why above.

I've explained this all to you many times before. Is it hard for you to understand? I've repeated the above many times in the past years. So we are going over the same stuff again. Do you not understand my points above?

A forum is not supposed to be a consistent producer of predictable content. It's supposed to be a myriad of personalities, and contain the good, the bad, and the ugly side of everything. Isn't that what you like too? Well that's just what we are. We are REAL. So what's the complaint?

PS - Btw, it's funny that you mention "Daddy Wu" as a legit quality poster who doesn't post anymore, when you and everyone here knows very well that he's a poser. LOL. So you see what I mean, you do derive entertainment value from all this, it's not just a forum for you to get practical useful info from.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

droid wrote:
Winston wrote:
droid wrote:@Winston
PM me the latesttopics.php file, see if maybe i can suggest something
Ok I'll do that when I get home and have access to that file. For now though, try this:

view-source:latesttopics.php

Does that show you anything helpful? You can view the source code of any webpage by pushing Control U. At least on Firefox browser you can.
Unfortunately no Winston, that's just the html, which is just composed by the php code when you request the page. The actual code is usually hidden from visitors.

The php code has the loop that requests the 100 topics by timestamp or what not and then composes the links into the html.
Ok I just sent you the code for that file to your PM. I sent a copy to fschmidt too. But the code didn't wrap around though and goes off the screen. If it's too hard to read, I'll try to find a way to send it to you as a file attachment. Let me know by PM. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Look at the poll results in this thread. It just goes to show what critics like Steve55 have said, that you are all too fixated on negativity and hate and ridicule, and that your souls are too dark. Notice the four options in this poll.
No, he doesn't get rid of trolls or clean up the spam since they make it look more active. Claiming he had to let all trolls back in due to a technicality was just an excuse
54%
Intermediate opinion
8%
Yes, but he is so hell bent on free speech that prefers to err on the side of freedom.
15%
Does Winston really make a living out of this?
23%
Notice that option number one got the most votes, despite it being the LEAST accurate. The reason? Obviously because it is the most NEGATIVE option and the RIDICULING one as well. So it got the most votes ONLY for being the most negative, even though it was the least accurate. A logical person would have voted the second or third option. That doesn't bode well for the members here. It means they aren't logical or objective at all, but hell bent toward anything negative, even if it's false and inaccurate. That doesn't speak well of the members here. So Steve55 and other critics are right, that the problem here is that you guys are way wayyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hell bent on negativity, criticism, cynicism and ridicule. That's what's driving people away from this forum, NOT my bad management. So look at yourself in the mirror guys.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

After all the drama that happened here (mainly with Voyager1), accidentally banning myself, and not really seeing too many topics I find as appealing, I just went to Twitter.

I didn't really think I would have such a high success rate but in 4 weeks I have acquired a decent number of followers. Just yesterday and today alone it spiked almost +20% followers. Soon my followers will surpass how many people I follow. And considering I'm anonymous, just gaining followers on my political/racial ideology, and am not famous then it also has given me confidence that a different profile could be massive!

If I get the girl I want to marry, appear on national news, then I could get millions of followers on a Me and My "Sweet 16" Bride profile.

If two hot lesbian college girls with no media attention at all got 1 million followers on Twitter and they aren't famous or rich in real life, well then I know everything I said is an accurate projection of success.

When I joined Twitter for my ideological page, I started with 0 followers and 0 following. In 4 weeks (even with Twitter banning some of my followers) the increase in followers has been on an increasingly upward trajectory getting sharper as time goes on. If the current rate continues at it's current pace by February 28 or March 11 I should have more than 100 followers!

There just aren't as many topics here that appeal to me as there use to. Lot's of good posters like Jester and several others left. And I learned my lesson. "Do not post anything racist, overly controversial, or about the type of girl I like and want to marry" otherwise someone like Voyager1 will just start drama. So I'm spending my social internet time on twitter most of the time. So I don't want to waste my time with drama anymore or hearing "you're to blame for your own poor life situation" because the truly awakened Whites (and Asians, since some Asian-Nationalists aligned with White-Nationalists) know that Whites aren't too blame for their misfortune!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yopqrazma4o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vekf_2952U[/youtube]

So I'm going to continue with my Twitter where I've become happier as I prepare to become happier abroad. I will be taking my first trip to Eastern Europe this summer.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Notice that option number one got the most votes, despite it being the LEAST accurate. The reason? Obviously because it is the most NEGATIVE option and the RIDICULING one as well. So it got the most votes ONLY for being the most negative, even though it was the least accurate. A logical person would have voted the second or third option. That doesn't bode well for the members here. It means they aren't logical or objective at all, but hell bent toward anything negative, even if it's false and inaccurate. That doesn't speak well of the members here. So Steve55 and other critics are right, that the problem here is that you guys are way wayyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hell bent on negativity, criticism, cynicism and ridicule. That's what's driving people away from this forum, NOT my bad management. So look at yourself in the mirror guys.
Oh come on Winston. If you had not been neglecting the forum this wouldn’t be an issue. If you had been a diligent employee or entrepreneur you would have been doing what you have been doing in the last few days all the time. Instead it has taken you weeks to do anything. Imagine your dad owned this forum as a business, the guy managing it ran it like you do and your dad asked for your advice. I think you would advise him to fire the manager.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Cornfed wrote:
Winston wrote:Notice that option number one got the most votes, despite it being the LEAST accurate. The reason? Obviously because it is the most NEGATIVE option and the RIDICULING one as well. So it got the most votes ONLY for being the most negative, even though it was the least accurate. A logical person would have voted the second or third option. That doesn't bode well for the members here. It means they aren't logical or objective at all, but hell bent toward anything negative, even if it's false and inaccurate. That doesn't speak well of the members here. So Steve55 and other critics are right, that the problem here is that you guys are way wayyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hell bent on negativity, criticism, cynicism and ridicule. That's what's driving people away from this forum, NOT my bad management. So look at yourself in the mirror guys.
Oh come on Winston. If you had not been neglecting the forum this wouldn’t be an issue. If you had been a diligent employee or entrepreneur you would have been doing what you have been doing in the last few days all the time. Instead it has taken you weeks to do anything. Imagine your dad owned this forum as a business, the guy managing it ran it like you do and your dad asked for your advice. I think you would advise him to fire the manager.
Winston, it's not that we wanna be negative. It's just that the overwhelming majority of core posters here from past and present believe:

1. You frequently neglect the forum completely, maybe as much as 70-80% or more of the time.

2. You don't even bother to at least skim each thread. You miss a lot more than even many of us even though you are the owner and beneficiary of all the work that goes in it. And when you do read stuff, you're often very late to the game, often many weeks late.

3. A large number of quality core posters have either left or no longer contribute much because they are not happy with the direction this forum has gone.

4. The forum has become a cesspit of negativity, racism, and trolling.

5. As Mr. S pointed out, volume (post numbers and word count) seems to have declined significantly from a few years ago unless you include all the spam and troll posts.

6. Many get tired of the retarded conspiracy flat earth nonsense and other half baked pseudo science and sky is falling Tacoest stuff.

I'm personally fed up with this place. I follow it everyday like an addict but I don't contribute much anymore. As I explained to El Claudio, if I spent a lot of time to put together a good report, I might get 2-3 quality responses if I was lucky and perhaps a few one-liners or sarcastic quips from the likes of Banano. Back in the day, a good report could generate many pages of great discussion. Now it's kinda become a small circus and we come off as losers for being here.

Case in point. At this very moment, I'm in Accra Ghana, a very exotic local. Am I gonna put together a trip report with photos similar to what I did with Jamaica, Haiti, or DR? Nah. Too much trouble for too little reward in the way of responses and follow-up discussion. I'd be better off just sharing w a few friends on Whats app or not even bothering. There is no reward for posting here like there used to be.

I realize you will deny much if not all of what I've stated above. Again, as I told El Claudilo, what looks purple to Winston may look green to many others. Such is the nature of perception and perhaps reality itself is not absolute but rather relative. Still though Winston, you should ask yourself a few hard questions - Why have so many good to great posters abandoned ship or cut down their contributions here to almost nil if nothing has gotten any worse? Why are trip reports so rare these days? Why is the noise to signal ratio here so high? If we've all become negative, perhaps the source is a chronic lack of leadership and consistent hands-on management of the place. If happierabroad.com was a publicly traded asset, I bet the share price would be way down from it's peak by now. It's an eroding asset.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Rock wrote:Case in point. At this very moment, I'm in Accra Ghana, a very exotic local. Am I gonna put together a trip report with photos similar to what I did with Jamaica, Haiti, or DR? Nah. Too much trouble for too little reward in the way of responses and follow-up discussion. I'd be better off just sharing w a few friends on Whats app or not even bothering.
To be fair, this isn’t really Winston’s fault, but just the way the world has gone. The baby boomers are getting old and diseased and those younger are mainly broke. Your market for these articles has diminished.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I agree that this place has gone downhill. There needs to be stricter policing, with anything not related to happier abroad immediately deleted. Being controversial is okay, but not off-topic. If people want to discuss where black men do well/poorly and why, fine, and if the why degenerates into racist stereotyping, well, that's to be expected. But there is no reason to allow racist threads or posts unrelated to men seeking a happier life abroad from where they are now. That means most of Kradmelders and Cornfeds posts need to go. Ditto for the anti-Jew posts. All of the conspiracy and flat earth shit needs to go. Eric is currently abroad and so his rants are very relevant, a reminder that going abroad is not a guarantee of finding happiness and may even aggravate things. Adama is not abroad and has no intention of going abroad, so he needs to shut up unless he has something relevant to say, relevant to happier abroad that is.

@Rock: you should create an anonymous site and put your trip reports there. Trip reports are somewhat evergreen and hence don't being in forums anyway. Very low maintenance if you don't support comments.

I continue to find this site amusing, but I will probably drop it at some point, the way things are going.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

retiredfrank wrote:I agree that this place has gone downhill. There needs to be stricter policing, with anything not related to happier abroad immediately deleted. Being controversial is okay, but not off-topic. If people want to discuss where black men do well/poorly and why, fine, and if the why degenerates into racist stereotyping, well, that's to be expected. But there is no reason to allow racist threads or posts unrelated to men seeking a happier life abroad from where they are now. That means most of Kradmelders and Cornfeds posts need to go. Ditto for the anti-Jew posts. All of the conspiracy and flat earth shit needs to go. Eric is currently abroad and so his rants are very relevant, a reminder that going abroad is not a guarantee of finding happiness and may even aggravate things. Adama is not abroad and has no intention of going abroad, so he needs to shut up unless he has something relevant to say, relevant to happier abroad that is..
See, you just want to destroy the forum. The forum in fact just needs regular maintenance. If it declines, it is because the market for this type of forum has declined, which is just what we have to accept and happens all the time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Winston, it's not that we wanna be negative. It's just that the overwhelming majority of core posters here from past and present believe:

1. You frequently neglect the forum completely, maybe as much as 70-80% or more of the time.

2. You don't even bother to at least skim each thread. You miss a lot more than even many of us even though you are the owner and beneficiary of all the work that goes in it. And when you do read stuff, you're often very late to the game, often many weeks late.

3. A large number of quality core posters have either left or no longer contribute much because they are not happy with the direction this forum has gone.

4. The forum has become a cesspit of negativity, racism, and trolling.

5. As Mr. S pointed out, volume (post numbers and word count) seems to have declined significantly from a few years ago unless you include all the spam and troll posts.

6. Many get tired of the retarded conspiracy flat earth nonsense and other half baked pseudo science and sky is falling Tacoest stuff.

I'm personally fed up with this place. I follow it everyday like an addict but I don't contribute much anymore. As I explained to El Claudio, if I spent a lot of time to put together a good report, I might get 2-3 quality responses if I was lucky and perhaps a few one-liners or sarcastic quips from the likes of Banano. Back in the day, a good report could generate many pages of great discussion. Now it's kinda become a small circus and we come off as losers for being here.

Case in point. At this very moment, I'm in Accra Ghana, a very exotic local. Am I gonna put together a trip report with photos similar to what I did with Jamaica, Haiti, or DR? Nah. Too much trouble for too little reward in the way of responses and follow-up discussion. I'd be better off just sharing w a few friends on Whats app or not even bothering. There is no reward for posting here like there used to be.

I realize you will deny much if not all of what I've stated above. Again, as I told El Claudilo, what looks purple to Winston may look green to many others. Such is the nature of perception and perhaps reality itself is not absolute but rather relative. Still though Winston, you should ask yourself a few hard questions - Why have so many good to great posters abandoned ship or cut down their contributions here to almost nil if nothing has gotten any worse? Why are trip reports so rare these days? Why is the noise to signal ratio here so high? If we've all become negative, perhaps the source is a chronic lack of leadership and consistent hands-on management of the place. If happierabroad.com was a publicly traded asset, I bet the share price would be way down from it's peak by now. It's an eroding asset.
Rock,
Whether you want to be negative or not, you ARE negative. Most of you are. There no doubt about it. Why else would most people pick the most NEGATIVE option in this poll even though it's the least accurate and least logical? Obviously because people love negativity and are addicted to it. It's obvious and a no brainer.

1, 2. Excuse me Rock. Most forum owners rarely participate in their own forum. David Icke does not participate in his massive forum. Neither does Alex Jones. Even Rooshv doesn't participate that much in his own forum. Get real. The forum owner is supposed to have a life and be a role model to follow. The forum owner is not supposed to read every thread either. That would take all day and all night, or at least many hours.

3. The reason a lot of good posters no longer post is the SAME reason I don't. They have a life in the real offline world, and they are busy with lots of things. You know how life is. Tons of distractions, people to pay attention to, things to do, errands, eat, sleep, laundry, etc. etc. Only computer geeks have time to post all the time. Don't you get it?

Besides, Ladislav and Mr S are active in the Facebook group. They find it easier to upload pics and follow. Some people prefer FB. That's not my fault. Why do you think everyone is my fault or under my control? Free speech is not supposed to have too much control or censorship. Some of my other forums died out due to posters getting banned.

4. Why do you blame me for what people post here? Do you expect me to control and restrict their free speech? If so, tons of people will complain and leave. What solution do you suggest for getting people to post more positive useful stuff here? You are complaining but you don't have realistic solutions.

5. I thought you conceded that forum traffic was the same, according to Google Analytics, as we discussed earlier. Why are you now saying the opposite? You keep contradicting yourself. You are so unstable Rock and waffling. I told you, there's no objective proof that the forum traffic is dwindling. Again, click the Active Topics link above. Last time I clicked it, there were 76 active topics of the last 7 days, which is pretty good, remember? That right there PROVES you wrong. Traffic may rise and fall, but on the average, it's still about the same. Click on the active topics page and you will see. Did you do that? If so, you will prove yourself wrong, but you don't want to be wrong right? So you don't click the link. lol. Go figure.

How many times do I have to repeat the same things to you Rock? Are you deaf?????? Should I copy and paste the above to you again below? Do you need to read the above twice in order to remember it? lol Or thrice? lol

6. If you don't like the flat earth stuff, then don't participate in those threads. Don't read them. Don't post in them. Simple as that. Are you a child who needs to be told what to do? Do you need to learn common sense? If you don't like something, then ignore it. But if we set up a rule that no flat earth topics are allowed, then it would restrict free speech and another group of people would complain. How about we start a poll to see if the majority of posters would like to have rules banning pseudo topics like flat earth, etc? If so, then what else would you lump into this "pseudo" category? Conspiracy topics? 9/11? Anti-semitism? What's next? Anything weird or someone thinks is kooky (even if true) would go into that category? Pretty soon we would be a politically correct forum. Is that what you want? If not, then what do you suggest exactly?

Be a man. Honor free speech. If you don't like a topic, then ignore it. Don't click on them.

Even Mr S does not believe that free speech here should be restricted. Like me, he posts a lot of conspiracy stuff and metaphysical stuff here too. So he wouldn't be in favor of censoring such topics.

Yes I understand what you mean about writing a long trip report with pictures, and then getting very few replies. That happens with my threads sometimes too. It even happens with Everdred, though some of his threads have a good number of responses. Why is that my fault? What do you want me to do about that? You want me to force people to reply to your trip report threads? How would I force people to do that????????? Why you blaming me for things outside my control? lol. Isn't that illogical?

Besides Rock, we all know you come here for the entertainment value of it. You like oddballs and you find the odd cast of characters to be interesting and intriguing. It tickles your funny bone. That's why you loved odbo's posts. He didn't contribute anything practical, but his anti-semite posts and cartoons were funny and made you laugh. That's why you wanted him back remember? For your ENTERTAINMENT. Admit it. You like oddballs and eccentrics. That's why you even defend that poser who pretends to be my dad. You know it's not my dad, but you find it funny, so you defend it, cause it's ENTERTAINING to you. So admit it, this forum is a source of entertainment for you. You like the weird characters here, the eccentric personalities and the oddballs, as well as the free flowing free speech here. It creates a vibe and character that is like nowhere else. That's why you come back, and why others do too.

Even regular posters check in sometimes. Even MarcosZeitola checks the forum sometimes. I saw his profile and he regularly comes and reads posts still, even though he's not active. Same with billy and anamericaninbangkok other non-active members. They still come back to see what's going on, even if they no longer post. I know because their profiles show that they recently logged in.

I'm tired of repeating all this Rock, please re-read the above a few times. Sheesh.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

retiredfrank wrote:I agree that this place has gone downhill. There needs to be stricter policing, with anything not related to happier abroad immediately deleted. Being controversial is okay, but not off-topic. If people want to discuss where black men do well/poorly and why, fine, and if the why degenerates into racist stereotyping, well, that's to be expected. But there is no reason to allow racist threads or posts unrelated to men seeking a happier life abroad from where they are now. That means most of Kradmelders and Cornfeds posts need to go. Ditto for the anti-Jew posts. All of the conspiracy and flat earth shit needs to go. Eric is currently abroad and so his rants are very relevant, a reminder that going abroad is not a guarantee of finding happiness and may even aggravate things. Adama is not abroad and has no intention of going abroad, so he needs to shut up unless he has something relevant to say, relevant to happier abroad that is.

@Rock: you should create an anonymous site and put your trip reports there. Trip reports are somewhat evergreen and hence don't being in forums anyway. Very low maintenance if you don't support comments.

I continue to find this site amusing, but I will probably drop it at some point, the way things are going.
If we delete any topic not related to happier abroad, then many guys will complain that there is no longer any free speech here. You can't please everyone. You gotta stick with your principles and follow what you believe is right. What you propose is censorship. That would undermine one of the unique qualities here, of free speech and honesty.

As to racist topics, the forum members voted in a poll here before to allow racist topics, in the name of free speech. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16329