Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by Ghost » August 14th, 2018, 9:07 pm

A lot of us here have books, websites, forums, online business and other things that need help getting off the ground. Reviews are what gets books sold, clicks and views make websites successful, referrals and promotion are what make businesses tick. Most people in the modern world are completely unwilling to help out each other. So my idea is simple: why don't we create a Happier Abroad Network for helping each other out with our businesses, projects, etc.?

For example, if someone here on HA needs a book review and someone needs website promotion, the two members can help each other. If someone has a forum that needs posters, and someone else has an online business, they can help each other: one can post on the forum, the other can refer customers to the business. Things like that.

It would need accountability of course. That could be worked out. For starters, I think it should only be accessible to members who have a certain post count, are not liberals/feminists, and not women. We could go from there.

Another thing: creating a sub-forum for the network. It might be good to have it hidden like the NSFW forum and unindexed.

Modern assholes are lazy and would quicker stab you in the back than perform a tiny good deed to help their fellow man. I want a place that's better.

Anyone in?
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Re: A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by gsjackson » August 14th, 2018, 11:24 pm

In. I plan on throwing up some Youtube channels in the next couple of months, though I hate doing business with (((censors))). But whether this gets off the ground is problematic. One of the Johnnys (1975 maybe) has tried to light the latent entrepreneurial fires of this forum without much luck (though he did finally get some good feedback on his own project at least when Winston featured it in a thread).

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 » August 15th, 2018, 4:59 am

I'm in. In fact I just submitted a rating on Amazon for Expatriation Ragnarok. For passive income, I may turn to D-Tube (decentralized alternative to YouTube) or BitChute.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 15th, 2018, 7:06 am

I would be in except I'm too lazy to get a credit card in order to buy your book. When I finally do I might be in.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Post by gsjackson » August 15th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I'll buy the book and review it anon. Really loaded up with stuff to do a the moment.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao » August 15th, 2018, 5:33 pm

Been working on a new forum all year (not in the HA niche). It's *really* hard work now - there's more competition especially from the social media giants. So far I've had a lot of spammers but I do now have a top notch regular poster that isn't just another persona of mine.

My tip is to go nano-niche. I have a lot of competitors and the guys in nano-niches have zero competition. They also have thriving communities because people in nano-niches are super obsessive about their interest in the topic.

Another tip - keep investing in stuff which pays you an income because I made far more from investments than from the online stuff.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my experiences teaching at a Uni in China.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » August 16th, 2018, 12:37 am

gsjackson wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 11:24 pm
In. I plan on throwing up some Youtube channels in the next couple of months, though I hate doing business with (((censors))). But whether this gets off the ground is problematic. One of the Johnnys (1975 maybe) has tried to light the latent entrepreneurial fires of this forum without much luck (though he did finally get some good feedback on his own project at least when Winston featured it in a thread).
I think it was Johnny1975. I posted on one of his old forums for a while but I don't think it took off. I think he'd be interested in this mutual help thing.
I'll buy the book and review it anon. Really loaded up with stuff to do a the moment.
Thanks. And we can work out what I could do for you in exchange too.
Expatriation Ragnarok

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » August 16th, 2018, 12:39 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 4:59 am
I'm in. In fact I just submitted a rating on Amazon for Expatriation Ragnarok. For passive income, I may turn to D-Tube (decentralized alternative to YouTube) or BitChute.
Thanks Matt, appreciate it. Let me know when you need me to do something for you.
Expatriation Ragnarok

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » August 16th, 2018, 12:46 am

xiongmao wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 5:33 pm
Been working on a new forum all year (not in the HA niche). It's *really* hard work now - there's more competition especially from the social media giants. So far I've had a lot of spammers but I do now have a top notch regular poster that isn't just another persona of mine.
If you need another poster for your new forum, an Amazon review would do the trick. :lol:
My tip is to go nano-niche. I have a lot of competitors and the guys in nano-niches have zero competition. They also have thriving communities because people in nano-niches are super obsessive about their interest in the topic.
First time I have heard of nano-nitches. I'm looking it up now. Everything is so super-competitive these days.
Another tip - keep investing in stuff which pays you an income because I made far more from investments than from the online stuff.
Yeah, you're right. I need to get around to that at some point. The list of things just keeps growing.

Maybe investing in stocks or whatever could be part of this Support Network Group. We could help each other with that too. No reason it had to be limited to exchanging reviews and posts and product promotion.
Expatriation Ragnarok

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 » August 16th, 2018, 2:37 am

I'm in. It's a great idea, Ghost!

Actually, what would be even better would be another website/forum where decent moderation and an organized system be put in place to eventually replace HA altogether. Right now, HA is a mess. Lol

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 16th, 2018, 3:17 am

zboy1 wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 2:37 am
I'm in. It's a great idea, Ghost!

Actually, what would be even better would be another website/forum where decent moderation and an organized system be put in place to eventually replace HA altogether. Right now, HA is a mess. Lol
Well, we all remember what a disaster it was when you were moderating this forum, so I don't think we'll be taking your advice there.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 » August 16th, 2018, 9:08 am

HA was better before. Now, we have trolls like PAG and other's trolling the hell out of the forum. It's a disaster, tbh.

Not sure I agree with you, Cornfed.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 16th, 2018, 12:19 pm

zboy1 wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 9:08 am
HA was better before. Now, we have trolls like PAG and other's trolling the hell out of the forum. It's a disaster, tbh.

Not sure I agree with you, Cornfed.
You were opposed to free speech and arbitrarily censored stuff you didn't like, particularly based on racial grounds. I don't know what the answer is to the current problems, but I don't think it is that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 16th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Cornfed wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 7:06 am
I would be in except I'm too lazy to get a credit card in order to buy your book. When I finally do I might be in.
Can't you use PayPal or a debit card or an ATM card or pay with bank account directly, to buy a book or ebook from Amazon?

Btw Kindle PC is free to download from Amazon so you can read ebooks on your PC or laptop.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 16th, 2018, 3:41 pm

This is a good idea. But the exchange needs to be fair. I don't know how it could be enforced though. What if someone gets jipped and doesn't follow through on his part? If so we can at least kick him out of the group I guess. It'd be an honor system where people gain trust by reputation and past conduct. What should the subforum be called? Just "Happier Abroad Support Network"?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne