A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by gsjackson »

In. I plan on throwing up some Youtube channels in the next couple of months, though I hate doing business with (((censors))). But whether this gets off the ground is problematic. One of the Johnnys (1975 maybe) has tried to light the latent entrepreneurial fires of this forum without much luck (though he did finally get some good feedback on his own project at least when Winston featured it in a thread).
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I'm in. In fact I just submitted a rating on Amazon for Expatriation Ragnarok. For passive income, I may turn to D-Tube (decentralized alternative to YouTube) or BitChute.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I would be in except I'm too lazy to get a credit card in order to buy your book. When I finally do I might be in.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I'll buy the book and review it anon. Really loaded up with stuff to do a the moment.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Been working on a new forum all year (not in the HA niche). It's *really* hard work now - there's more competition especially from the social media giants. So far I've had a lot of spammers but I do now have a top notch regular poster that isn't just another persona of mine.

My tip is to go nano-niche. I have a lot of competitors and the guys in nano-niches have zero competition. They also have thriving communities because people in nano-niches are super obsessive about their interest in the topic.

Another tip - keep investing in stuff which pays you an income because I made far more from investments than from the online stuff.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I'm in. It's a great idea, Ghost!

Actually, what would be even better would be another website/forum where decent moderation and an organized system be put in place to eventually replace HA altogether. Right now, HA is a mess. Lol
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 6:37 pm
I'm in. It's a great idea, Ghost!

Actually, what would be even better would be another website/forum where decent moderation and an organized system be put in place to eventually replace HA altogether. Right now, HA is a mess. Lol
Well, we all remember what a disaster it was when you were moderating this forum, so I don't think we'll be taking your advice there.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

HA was better before. Now, we have trolls like PAG and other's trolling the hell out of the forum. It's a disaster, tbh.

Not sure I agree with you, Cornfed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 1:08 am
HA was better before. Now, we have trolls like PAG and other's trolling the hell out of the forum. It's a disaster, tbh.

Not sure I agree with you, Cornfed.
You were opposed to free speech and arbitrarily censored stuff you didn't like, particularly based on racial grounds. I don't know what the answer is to the current problems, but I don't think it is that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 11:06 pm
I would be in except I'm too lazy to get a credit card in order to buy your book. When I finally do I might be in.
Can't you use PayPal or a debit card or an ATM card or pay with bank account directly, to buy a book or ebook from Amazon?

Btw Kindle PC is free to download from Amazon so you can read ebooks on your PC or laptop.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is a good idea. But the exchange needs to be fair. I don't know how it could be enforced though. What if someone gets jipped and doesn't follow through on his part? If so we can at least kick him out of the group I guess. It'd be an honor system where people gain trust by reputation and past conduct. What should the subforum be called? Just "Happier Abroad Support Network"?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne