A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by Winston »

Those are good names and acronyms. The shorter and easier to remember the better. How about we start with Happier Abroad Network? Then we can always change it if we want. The thing is, the term "support network" makes it sound like a group therapy or counseling group or something. lol

We can make you the leader or moderator of the group ok Ghost? Kind of like what we did with the Expat VIP group. You can add or remove members to it.

Do you want the group to be viewable to everyone else? I don't mean guests. I mean like all the registered forum members. Do you want them to be able to view it? But you select only those who are members who can post in it? So it will be viewable to everyone but only members can post in it? Or do you prefer that it is only viewable to group members, who can post in it as well?

What do you think? Which one?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Could I be a member and still make fun of losers like Johnny1975 even if he were a member?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Could I be a member and still make fun of losers like Johnny1975 even if he were a member?
Dumb question. No of course not. It's a support board and support is helping each other, not insulting each other. If you want to criticize someone, do it on another board. But please be tactful about it, not mean spirited. You shouldn't make fun of people anyway, that's juvenile and only brings people down.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Cornfed wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Dumb question. No of course not. It's a support board and support is helping each other, not insulting each other. If you want to criticize someone, do it on another board. But please be tactful about it, not mean spirited. You shouldn't make fun of people anyway, that's juvenile and only brings people down.
It's not a dumb question in the wider context. How do you resolve conflicts between members?

Edit: or never mind. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you want reviews and stuff there are already places you can get mutual help. I tried one to get some forum posters and it did work.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitewilly
Freshman Poster

Post by whitewilly »

Ghost wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 7:28 pm
Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 3:54 pm
Those are good names and acronyms. The shorter and easier to remember the better. How about we start with Happier Abroad Network? Then we can always change it if we want. The thing is, the term "support network" makes it sound like a group therapy or counseling group or something. lol
Yeah, I don't want it sounding corporate or like an Oprah club, hahaha...let's just go with Happier Abroad Network.
We can make you the leader or moderator of the group ok Ghost? Kind of like what we did with the Expat VIP group. You can add or remove members to it.
Yeah, we will need to be selective with the group. We wouldn't want some idiot like PAG to make a new account and be able to access it just because he's registered.
Do you want the group to be viewable to everyone else? I don't mean guests. I mean like all the registered forum members. Do you want them to be able to view it? But you select only those who are members who can post in it? So it will be viewable to everyone but only members can post in it? Or do you prefer that it is only viewable to group members, who can post in it as well?
I think not viewable by the public is the way to go. The group needs to be based on trust, mutual help, and exclusivity. And some members may want to post projects that they don't want the rest of the world to be able to see.
Lol, you don't have the creativity, intelligence or tech background to pull off anything of substance. Give me a break. PAG's site already addresses your idea. He is using blockchain technology and tokens to allow users to profit whenever someone utilizes it. It's actually quite genius: A decentralized market of coordinated travel services. Anyone can add a service for use by the network, and receive network payment tokens in exchange e.g. buyers can pay writers for reviews, articles, etc. Blockchain technology is a means of transferring money over the internet without an intermediary such as a bank or payment processor. It uses a distributed ledger that is updated by consensus among the community, rather than held privately. Tokens/coins let anyone buy and sell services from around the world. Whenever someone wants an Agent to perform services, a smart contract is signed for that specific job. By default, the contract will involve the exchange of tokens for services. Incentive and Reward tokens are distributed as rewards for contributing utility to the network (by building a great reputation or by curating Agents).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

He's arguably less of a troll than Darell.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.