The New Ads Suck

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

The New Ads Suck

Post by Jackal »

Hi Winston,

I have a slow internet connection and your new ads make your forum load very slowly for me. I understand that you want to make money off your website, but it would be nicer if you could do it in a way which doesn't take too much longer to load. I hope you're not setting up for one of those "For a small fee, you can browse my site ad-free" gimmicks. If so, I would not pay for it; I might simply choose to post here less.

--Jackal

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The New Ads Suck

Post by momopi »

Jackal wrote:Hi Winston,

I have a slow internet connection and your new ads make your forum load very slowly for me. I understand that you want to make money off your website, but it would be nicer if you could do it in a way which doesn't take too much longer to load. I hope you're not setting up for one of those "For a small fee, you can browse my site ad-free" gimmicks. If so, I would not pay for it; I might simply choose to post here less.

--Jackal
Try a browser like Firefox, go to tools->options, disable "load images automatically" and disable javascript & java.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Which new ads specifically?

Do you mean the ones just below the first post of each thread?

If so, those are just an experiment. I will probably remove them soon or replace them.

In the meantime, try firefox. If it loads slow in firefox, you can disable the images in the tools or options menu.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have connection problems too, since my USB connection slows down my internet considerably. But I've gotten it to work faster by simply disabling java and javascript, not the images.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne