Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Should I change the orange background on the main home page?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should I change the orange background on the main home page?

Postby Winston » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:22 pm

What do you all think of the orange background on my main page of this site? Does it look bad or annoying? Should it be changed? If so, to what color?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 pm

I think the orange background looks fine.

But please, please, please.................CHANGE THE MAIN HEADLINE (at the very top of the homepage) BACK TO THE PREVIOUS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The previous one said, "Feel like you don't fit in America? If so, then you've come to the right place for validation and inspiration. Perhaps you might be..."

That, to me, is infinitely more attention-getting as a header than the new one. In fact, in early March of this year, I initally found your website by Googling the phrases "Feel like you don't fit in," and "Is this all there is to life?"

Change the heading back, PLEASE!!!
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 am

Ok well I've re-tailored the headline to contain the phrase you initially liked that drew you to this site, and to include the new phrase as well, a combination of the two so to speak. Check it out now.

A win win situation I hope?

There are some who tell me the orange is annoying and the home page is too long, so I think it can't hurt to change it to white to make it noncontroversial, and make the homepage more compact.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 pm

The fix looks great! Thanks... :)
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem