Should I start a Happier Abroad Magazine? What do you think?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

It's a definite possibility...

Post by pete98146 »

But you are correct, it's hard to bite our tounges and keep things positive without slamming the western woman.

I personally feel that there is more money to be made by bringing a foreign dating site into common acceptance in the States. Here in Seattle, I see hundreds of guys that have given up on dating altogether. They can't go on Match.com because the numbers favor the women to the extreme ie your normal 150lb fattie already receives 50 date offers per week.

Start a ForeignPerfection.com and make it mainstream. The site would cater to men and women (knowing full well that very few women would even look at it..but that's ok). None of the foreign dating sites have become a household name (like Match.com) because they are still associated with the negative stigma of "Mail Order Brides." The truth of the matter is that CherryBlossoms is no different from Match.com at all. But it's all about perception. Find a way to debunk the negative aura of international dating sites and you'll be a millionaire.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I know someone who runs a dating site at ChristianFilipina.com. He spends about 2000 dollars a month on advertising and earns about 2000 dollars a month back, with almost no net profit. It's not as easy as you think. You can't just start a great site and just sit back and watch the money roll in.

I was thinking that I could go back to the US and hold seminars, the way a lot of motivational self help gurus are doing. Then I could present photos, videos, testimonials from this site, etc. in a slide presentation. I'm not sure how feasible that would be though. But it would be a lot of fun if I could pull it off.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Make it a print magazine for sure!

http://www.magcloud.com/

Check it! No up front cost to you. Print on Demand as people order it, same as Lulu or Create Space. BTW - You might want to consider publishing print versions of your book and Ladislav's book on Lulu or Create Space. Get them on Amazon! Once again, no upfront cost to you. Just get the PDF made right and they do the rest!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Winston, you should do it. There is not enough material like this out there for men.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:I know someone who runs a dating site at ChristianFilipina.com. He spends about 2000 dollars a month on advertising and earns about 2000 dollars a month back, with almost no net profit. It's not as easy as you think. You can't just start a great site and just sit back and watch the money roll in.

I was thinking that I could go back to the US and hold seminars, the way a lot of motivational self help gurus are doing. Then I could present photos, videos, testimonials from this site, etc. in a slide presentation. I'm not sure how feasible that would be though. But it would be a lot of fun if I could pull it off.
I think a seminar would be the best thing to do.

AFA holds seminars on a regular basis.

I've always wondered what the goals are of people that want to involve others? Sure one reason is to help the next man not be lonely especially if its not of his own making. Outside of that, however, I don't expect a revolution. Too many Westerns are feels safe inside the Matrix and don't want to escape that, this will never be something that will grow into a mass movement. If it does, I'm sure they'll come up with some other law that handcuff services further.

Having print media is a good idea, it gives legitimacy to whatever your doing.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

djfourmoney wrote: I think a seminar would be the best thing to do.

I've always wondered what the goals are of people that want to involve others? Sure one reason is to help the next man not be lonely especially if its not of his own making. Outside of that, however, I don't expect a revolution. Too many Westerns are feels safe inside the Matrix and don't want to escape that, this will never be something that will grow into a mass movement. If it does, I'm sure they'll come up with some other law that handcuff services further.

Well I am going to get my Ebook into print soon through Amazon's CreateSpace. At least that's a start. I don't have time to run a magazine. That'd take a staff or something, plus it'd need distribution channels.

I suggested that Mark Davis try to do some seminars in his local area, since he lives in the US. I wonder if he would get many guys to come by placing an ad in the newspaper. But he doubted it. He could even hold it in his home to start off at first. It could be like a support group with him moderating it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: I think a seminar would be the best thing to do.

Well I am going to get my Ebook into print soon through Amazon's CreateSpace. At least that's a start. I don't have time to run a magazine. That'd take a staff or something, plus it'd need distribution channels.

I suggested that Mark Davis try to do some seminars in his local area, since he lives in the US. I wonder if he would get many guys to come by placing an ad in the newspaper. But he doubted it. He could even hold it in his home to start off at first. It could be like a support group with him moderating it.
That's why I don't expect a revolution. Too many men feel they are the problem (for some they are) and that they don't take into account the single woman shortage or the unhealthy narcissism of American Women.

Mark could be an advocate and has thus far, just as you have been Winston. The thing that has to be removed is the money making factor. Why? Because people already believe MOB is a some sort of rip-off, either before you go or after you have returned and married a girl. As we said, what's mentioned in the media the most? The relationships that failed or when people are physically hurt/ murdered - http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... s/07123_00 Shock and Sensationalism sells in America. Not the truth, not the facts...

The way I see it, you need talk to people that have successful relationships into being advocates. However so many people could care less about others and don't want be involved, even if its positive. They figure its their personal life and they don't want to make it public. Plus the detractors in the media are very powerful, they could easily discredit most of the men involved in this because part of the reason they are pursuing this is because they are Beta males, let's be honest. None of the Men's Rights advocates are involved in this either, they are married to American Women if married at all.

MOB is covered as Shock and Awe, Americans rejecting their own women and present the story often from a woman's point of view, as in "He has to go overseas cause he's some sort of loser at home..." Living abroad is seen the activity of rich and famous. The poor travelers are often 20something backpackers as seen on Globe Trekker and Lonely Planet.

I don't know where you would even start to promote this. You likely need an outspoken woman who's married to an American to deflect any flack and has command of English and that's just for starters...
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface »

Winston, if you need a cartoonist let me know :)
Politically incorrect comics at www.minds.com/SlapdashComix
odbo
Veteran Poster

call it Mangina Magazine

Post by odbo »

if winston's online magazine is about how shitty anglo women are, there will be more of them reading the thing than men. which makes it even sweeter. :twisted:
walrusface wrote:Winston, if you need a cartoonist let me know :)
make a comic if you've got any talent! or just free time. winston's editorials are painfully long for modern readers. he needs pics & bright colors to draw them in.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Excellent analysis djfourmoney. I think we'll just stick to a web presence for now, as well as an online radio show (Steve Hoca, Guru Radio, Mark's new podcast, etc.), unless of course, more people get involved.

This site is getting bigger and bigger as more forum posts here become indexed by Google. And with public people like Mark Davis in our camp, our image is made to look more credible.

What do you mean "the thing that has to be removed is the money making factor"? Mark and I are both self-employed and have bills to pay and families to support. There is nothing wrong with making money off of something that we love, which is the ideal situation. Smart people tend to monetize their websites anyway.

Also, neither Mark nor I are pushy in selling anything. We concentrate on raising hope, solutions and awareness first, before offering anything commercial. And I never say that one MUST get my ebook or join my dating sites in order to succeed, like most salespeople do. No way. I always make it clear that those things are OPTIONAL.

Also, Mark's enthusiasm and passion shows and comes across as genuine. That is why he and I are able to work together and cooperate and help each other rather than compete with each other. The common mission we share is something we truly believe in, and sort of makes us kindred spirits in that regard, even though we have different personality types.

walrusface
Freshman Poster

Re: call it Mangina Magazine

Post by walrusface »

LinuxOnly wrote: make a comic if you've got any talent! or just free time. winston's editorials are painfully long for modern readers. he needs pics & bright colors to draw them in.
Well I do comic strips and have done some along those lines. :) I do animation as well.