Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Should we change the domain name of this site?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should we change the domain name of this site?

Postby Winston » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 am

Should this site's domain name be changed to something else, like www.globaldating.com or www.datingabroad.com? Would that be more accurate? What do you think?

Is HappierAbroad.com kind of hokey?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby globetrotter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 pm

No need. Just buy up those domains and have them re-direct to this page.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

It's my impression that this site is about the benefits of living abroad, and dating is simply one of the benefits. If you wish to run a global dating site, then you should probably concentrate on that and reformat the web site and the forum.

People travel abroad for different reasons. Some go to Europe because they want to climb the Matterhorn. Finding a GF/BF is not on everyone's primary agenda. But if you wish to concentrate on the dating aspect, don't skip the other 50% of the population -- lots of good looking men in Italy for the American women who "got it" and willing to travel or relocate.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 pm

momopi wrote:It's my impression that this site is about the benefits of living abroad, and dating is simply one of the benefits. If you wish to run a global dating site, then you should probably concentrate on that and reformat the web site and the forum.

People travel abroad for different reasons. Some go to Europe because they want to climb the Matterhorn. Finding a GF/BF is not on everyone's primary agenda. But if you wish to concentrate on the dating aspect, don't skip the other 50% of the population -- lots of good looking men in Italy for the American women who "got it" and willing to travel or relocate.

Good points Momopi, but which is better? Specialization or broadness? What are the pros and cons of each?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby jamesbond » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 am

I think Happierabroad sounds just fine. When I first heard that name I immediately thought about the idea that it's a site showing people how they will be "happier abroad." I would keep the domain name as "happierabroad."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should we change the domain name of this site?

Postby Think Different » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 am

Winston wrote:Should this site's domain name be changed to something else, like www.globaldating.com or www.datingabroad.com? Would that be more accurate? What do you think?

Is HappierAbroad.com kind of hokey?

"Dating A Broad" also has a nice ring to it, though, dontcha think?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem