Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Keeping threads on topic

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Keeping threads on topic

Postby Jackal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Winston,

I was thinking that even if you want to let the content of your site be very free, you might want to moderate a bit more at least to keep the threads on topic.

If people want to get into pointless arguments, there is the "rants and raves" section for that. It's annoying to open a thread with an interesting title only to find it to be in the middle of a "You're stupid!" " No, you're stupid!" " No, you're stupid!"... argument. It's like walking into a f***ing fourth grade classroom.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:26 am

Sometimes I do split up threads that get really off topic. But I can't do that for every one of them.

Human nature is unpredictable and hard to control anyway.

You can always post something to try to get the thread back on topic or raise another question about it.

Would you like to be a moderator and split up threads as needed?

I don't have a lot of help on these things.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jackal » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Winston wrote:Would you like to be a moderator and split up threads as needed?

I don't have a lot of help on these things.

Thanks for the offer, but no, I don't want to be a moderator. I don't want to spend that much time writing and reading English on the internet.

I think I might not post here for a while because I want to try to think and write more in Hungarian.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem