Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Should we allow username changes?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should we allow username changes?

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:27 am

Should I enable the feature on this forum that allows forum members to change their own user name, which would apply to all their posts?

I don't see why anyone would need to, but few have requested that their user name be changed.

For instance Dano changed his user name to Wuxi. And when he did that, he should have told everyone, but forgot to.

Should we enable that feature, and make it a rule that whoever changes his/her user name should announce it in a certain thread designated for that? (unless they have a good reason they don't want to tell anyone of course)

What do you all think?
Last edited by Winston on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby MrPeabody » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:31 pm

I was thinking of changing. That would be useful.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:01 am

Ok then I'll enable it then. But if you do, be sure to tell people here about it, otherwise they'll think that you vanished :)

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:05 am

Ok I've just enabled user name changes. To change your user name, go to edit your profile and change it there.

I hope not too many people do this, else it will make things confusing as to who is who.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby MrPeabody » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:46 am

Thank you. Done. "Catameran" is now "MrPeabody".
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi all,
I just turned off the function in your profile to change your own username. I figured that when some of you changed your username, it created gaps in the forum in that the posts in which people referred to users by their former usernames would make no sense, since they changed it. Thus it created inconsistencies, so it's better not to allow it. It's also not really necessary either.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby odbo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm

You son of a bitch! So I'm stuck with this crap name odbo!?
Using oil trading academy's "secret" -_- numerology code

o = 15
d = 4
b = 2
o = 15

(1+5) = 6
(4+2) = 6
(1+5) = 6

also

15 + 4 + 2 + 15 = 36
= three 6's = 666
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:57 am

odbo wrote:You son of a bitch! So I'm stuck with this crap name odbo!?
Using oil trading academy's "secret" -_- numerology code

o = 15
d = 4
b = 2
o = 15

(1+5) = 6
(4+2) = 6
(1+5) = 6

also

15 + 4 + 2 + 15 = 36
= three 6's = 666

Hahaha. I guess your true colors are revealed then. lol

Think about it though. People here refer to you as odbo. If you change your username, then all the references to you as odbo would make no sense. That would great incongruities here. Get it?

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem