Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

A Happier Abroad logo?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

A Happier Abroad logo?

Postby Jackal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Winston,

I was thinking that your website could use a simple, elegant logo which symbolizes your site's mission (finding happiness abroad, freedom, travel, love, etc.). Your current logo with the "Happier Abroad" text with the ring around the planet as the O is okay, but I think it's possible that a better one could be found.

I don't have any ideas yet what the new logo should be, but I think it should be something that is both simple and unique so that the symbol is instantly recognizable.

The Nike logo has these characteristics, as does the McDonald's logo.

You could look at other corporate logos for inspiration, but be careful not to copy them, so you don't get sued.

Maybe the logo should have one symbol for travel (globe, map, etc.) and one symbol for love (heart, cupid, etc.).

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here. Since you redesigned other parts of the site, maybe you might want to redesign the logo, too.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 am

That's a great idea. I wondered the same thing before too. But I can't think of any new logo. Nor do I have the graphic design capabilities to create one. lol

But if anyone here has an idea, feel free to share it or design one for us!

I was thinking of having it look something like this though. What do you think? lol

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby ExpeditionSailor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 am

Trying to post a logo design that I've posted to Flickr, but it's not working. The IMG tags don't seem to
be woirking at all. All that I get is the code line, eg. Image
but the image doesn't show in this message. What am I doing wrong?[/url]
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 am

An image URL usually contains a .jpg or .gif at the end of it. A page that contains an image is not an image URL. Try right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image Location" and then pasting it. I'll have a look at the link in the meantime.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 am

Ok well Flickr has copyrighted the image and will not allow you to copy the image URL nor download it. But you can always do a screen shot of course.

Just go here to view the logo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevoblog/5484065759

Wow so you designed it after the Empire Strikes Back logo. Neat. Can you make it straight rather than slanted? What do you all think of that logo design?

What do you all think of making it like the Star Wars logo?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby ExpeditionSailor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Winston wrote:Ok well Flickr has copyrighted the image and will not allow you to copy the image URL nor download it. But you can always do a screen shot of course.

Just go here to view the logo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevoblog/5484065759

Wow so you designed it after the Empire Strikes Back logo. Neat. Can you make it straight rather than slanted? What do you all think of that logo design?

What do you all think of making it like the Star Wars logo?

Thanks for the info, Winston. I personally think making the logo like the Star Wars logo might make it
too derivative, maybe too common-place. The logo I posted to my Flickr page was intended to communicate
an idea of fun, travel and sunshine - the sense that there is a better world beyond the borders of North American
and Western European countries. Making the logo look like the Star Wars one might take away from the thematic elements
that would really suit the Happier Abroad site best.

One reason why I loosely designed the logo after the The Empire Strikes Back logo was to see what I could come
up with using your general idea of how the logo should look, and to convey a sense of action and forward motion,
something that I think the original TESB logo does very well.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

"The grass is greener on the other side"
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:49 pm

momopi wrote:Image

"The grass is greener on the other side"

What does that have to do with this? Are you saying that changing the logo isn't necessary?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 am

A picture speaks a thousand words.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:30 am

momopi wrote:A picture speaks a thousand words.

::::::: scratching head and looking confused :::::::

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem