Removing Conspiracy Theory stuff from this forum

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should Winston remove Conspiracy Theory stuff from this forum?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 23
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Like we should care what some feminist humanoids think?
We're supposed to lead them, not the other way around.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal,
Have a look at the latest ten topics in the forum below, featured on the home page:
Cambodia: No country for old men
Pros and Cons of Living and Dating in the Philippines
Which International Airlines Flies To Ukraine?
Holy Mackerel! Hot Foreign women in my AFA site!
Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?
Duke Lacrosse accuser charged with attempted murder
Sexy Sax Man
Rock is coming to the Philippines!
The BEST Interview by Steve Hoca yet! MUST HEAR!
What guys don't understand about fear of approaching women
Why do people have children? Expense without Profit
Americans can be such classy individuals...
Are fathers supposed to no longer value their own lives?
American women suck big time yuck!!
Now, how many of them are conspiracy related? None? See what I mean? Do you see how this issue has been overblown? Most of the time, conspiracy topics are maybe one in ten of the latest topics. So they are not "taking over" the forum, as you can see above. So you've blown this issue way out of proportion, don't you think?

For the next few days, look at the ten latest topics featured on the home page, and you will see that the majority of them are NOT related to conspiracies.

Thus, the claim that conspiracy threads are taking over this forum is technically false.

Another thing you need to understand is that some of the long-time members of this forum may be tired of rehashing the same topics and issues over and over again, and just might feel like talking about something else. That's why there are many different topic categories here. A variety of content is what keeps this forum fresh with new content and keeps people coming back. Rehashing the same topics over and over again gets old after a while, especially to long-time members here, doesn't it?

Make sense?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston wrote: Now, how many of them are conspiracy-related? None? See what I mean? Do you see how this issue has been overblown? Most of the time, conspiracy topics are maybe one in ten of the latest topics. So they are not "taking over" the forum, as you can see above. So you've blown this issue way out of proportion, don't you think?
For the present moment at least, you are correct that the new threads are not conspiracy related. That may change in the future. I also think that often the mood of negativity and paranoia that the conspiracy-related threads create often permeates the whole forum.

On the one hand, there's a lot of bad shit going on in the world, so being paranoid and negative is often justified, and now that I've been out of the US for a long time, I don't feel the same amount of negativity as many guys who are still stuck in the US do. However, it eventually comes down to this: "Yes, a lot of shit is bad that's worth being angry about, but what are going to do to solve your own problems?" I guess I would like to see part of this website develop more along the lines of positive self-improvement. Perhaps I'll post some threads about exercise in the future.
Winston wrote: Another thing you need to understand is that some of the long-time members of this forum may be tired of rehashing the same topics and issues over and over again, and just might feel like talking about something else. That's why there are many different topic categories here. A variety of content is what keeps this forum fresh with new content and keeps people coming back. Rehashing the same topics over and over again gets old after a while, especially to long-time members here, doesn't it?
This depends on your interests. To me, I consider any conspiracy-related thread to be "the same old topic" because it's usually not one of my interests, so I mentally lump them all together.

Yes, I understand your desire for variety, but the other thing you should consider is the impression that your forum gives to visitors. Including certain topics here, such as conspiracy theories, will make many people lose respect for the forum and take it less seriously because they will think that it's just run by a bunch of paranoid guys.

But it's your forum, so it's up to you what kind of public image you want it to project.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

LinuxOnly wrote:Like we should care what some feminist humanoids think?
We're supposed to lead them, not the other way around.
Once again, you do have a point. I was just stating the reasoning behind my opinion.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...