Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Removing Conspiracy Theory stuff from this forum

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Should Winston remove Conspiracy Theory stuff from this forum?

Yes
15
65%
No
8
35%
 
Total votes: 23

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » March 27th, 2011, 7:47 pm

What is a CELTA degree? And do you need a bachelors degree along with it?

Think Different
Junior Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: April 8th, 2010, 5:28 am
Location: Germany

Post by Think Different » March 27th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Most people would chalk up CT enthusiasts with Star Trek nuts, who dress up and follow the shows around the country (yes, I do like Star Trek, too). It just won't help you find a serious woman, IMHO.

I thought this forum was about being "Happier Abroad" and how to go about finding that. Whether happiness means finding a better GF, wife, etc. Or, if it means just finding a better, more sane society. That's why I joined. Now I have to pick and sort through tons of CT stuff to find interesting topics. CT is really a major distraction on here. Discussing it does not make you an intellectual or someone with secret gnostic knowledge.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1437
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » March 27th, 2011, 7:56 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:What is a CELTA degree? And do you need a bachelors degree along with it?

It's a degree that allows you to teach English. There are other degrees, but I recommend CELTA because it is recognized all over the world and has high standards, whereas the other programs can very good to bad. You don't need a bachelors degree, but some countries, particularly in the orient, may require you to have a bachelors degree to get a work permit.

You can take the CELTA in many countries, so you could take it in the country you are interested in. (I am taking the one in Thailand in May)

Here is an index to the centers by country.

http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/centre ... g/index.do

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » March 27th, 2011, 8:01 pm

@MrPeabody thanks for the info. Now this is what this site is for. Helping each other to leave the home of the Matrix USA.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » March 27th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Are you studying there first and then taking the exam? Mr Peabody.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1437
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » March 27th, 2011, 8:08 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:Are you studying there first and then taking the exam? Mr Peabody.
CELTA doesn't have a final exam. Once you pass the one month course, you get your certificate and can start teaching.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » March 27th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Wow thanks again sounds like an option.

Think Different
Junior Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: April 8th, 2010, 5:28 am
Location: Germany

Post by Think Different » March 27th, 2011, 8:27 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:@MrPeabody thanks for the info. Now this is what this site is for. Helping each other to leave the home of the Matrix USA.
Right on!

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » March 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Regardless of our colors or nationalities we the men on this site are all brothers and i love you all. I wish us all success and happiness this year.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Re: @WINSTON

Post by Rock » March 27th, 2011, 11:36 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:The point i was trying to make is this i used to be a conspiracy theory junkie myself. 2 Many people across the globe know all these things and yet do nothing about it! American males in my mind are the world's pussies because they watch all of these videos, talk about it, chat about it and then do nothing.
American males would rather play xbox all day then pick up a gun and confront the so-called Illuminati.
So you can watch and believe Alex Jones or David Eick i probably spelled his name wrong, but if your not going to risk your ass in the streets like the Arabs are doing right now in their nations, then respectfully Winston all of this is plain bullshit!
I am ready for civil war i am not afraid of death i wonder are the rest of you?
Well said! All this talk and obsessing about CTs does nothing other than entertain the few who are into these things and like to mentally masturbate on them. It certainly does not make one an intellectual. Sure, some of the leading CT figures are charismatic and intellectual types. But many followers are just wanna-bes who fancy themselves as original thinkers but who are actually just sheep to these gurus. And there are plenty of extremely smart, creative, and intellectual types who refuse to waste time entertaining the leading CTs or even outright deny them. Being a CT enthusiast does not make you a big picture free thinker.

Mobilizing a material revolution against corruption and lies in the States just might have some impact. Those of us who sacrificed in order to support such a movement would speak with action. Otherwise, it all seems like a waste of time, at best, just entertainment. Up to now, what material benefit has come from all this information and proof. The US and much of the world is still pretty much controlled by the richest 0.1% of the population who rule with callous impunity.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1437
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » March 28th, 2011, 1:26 am

Some more thoughts on Conspiracy theory:

I first heard about the Illuminati in the early 1960s. My father had brought home a 78 record album given to him on which there was a man with a squeaky high voice explaining the entire theory of the Illuminati. I had never forgotten that and was quite amazed to see it start popping up on the Internet in the 1990s. I grew up in a small conservative community and the "Illuminati" was a popular John Birch/Right Wing Conspiracy theory of that time.

I have studied the conspiracy theories and find them inconsistent. I remember following two sources that agreed and were friends and then they had a falling out and began to call each other agents of the Illuminati. At that point I started to smell a rat. It is basically a huge waste of time to study this stuff. Also, the theories make the "Illuminati" sound so overwhelmingly powerful that, by the terms of the theory itself, there is nothing you can do about it. So, why waste time learning about something that you can't do anything about to begin with? And, at the bottom of it all are a few folks selling DVDs and subscriptions to their websites. Are these real revolutionaries? They never organize a movement against this deadly threat. They only offer more DVDs.

If you want to study some of the real thing, just read historical books on British Imperialism. There was a man who thought it would be a great idea for a small British elite to takeover and rule the world. His name was Lord Milner. He thought that the British were great administrators and such great guys that they should rule the world. I recommend the book "A Peace to End All Peace" by David Fromkin. It shows a detailed example of how the British bureaucracy made all the important decisions to rewrite the map of the Middle East.

In my opinion, one's time will be better spent by taking action and finding a happy life. But it is up to you.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Post by Rock » March 28th, 2011, 3:23 am

MrPeabody wrote:Some more thoughts on Conspiracy theory:

I first heard about the Illuminati in the early 1960s. My father had brought home a 78 record album given to him on which there was a man with a squeaky high voice explaining the entire theory of the Illuminati. I had never forgotten that and was quite amazed to see it start popping up on the Internet in the 1990s. I grew up in a small conservative community and the "Illuminati" was a popular John Birch/Right Wing Conspiracy theory of that time.

I have studied the conspiracy theories and find them inconsistent. I remember following two sources that agreed and were friends and then they had a falling out and began to call each other agents of the Illuminati. At that point I started to smell a rat. It is basically a huge waste of time to study this stuff. Also, the theories make the "Illuminati" sound so overwhelmingly powerful that, by the terms of the theory itself, there is nothing you can do about it. So, why waste time learning about something that you can't do anything about to begin with? And, at the bottom of it all are a few folks selling DVDs and subscriptions to their websites. Are these real revolutionaries? They never organize a movement against this deadly threat. They only offer more DVDs.

If you want to study some of the real thing, just read historical books on British Imperialism. There was a man who thought it would be a great idea for a small British elite to takeover and rule the world. His name was Lord Milner. He thought that the British were great administrators and such great guys that they should rule the world. I recommend the book "A Peace to End All Peace" by David Fromkin. It shows a detailed example of how the British bureaucracy made all the important decisions to rewrite the map of the Middle East.

In my opinion, one's time will be better spent by taking action and finding a happy life. But it is up to you.
Now that's an example of someone who has critically analyzed CT theories, put 2 and 2 together, and written them off for good reason. Not only does your conclusion based on long experience shed serious doubt as to the validity of many if not all CTs. It also gets to the heart of the salient issue - what benefit do they create other than $$$ in the promoters pocket?

That's not to say that all CT theories are 100% false. Rather, there are big incentives for 'gurus' to propagate such theories, put their own spin on things to achieve ownership and deceive 'followers' into believing that if they buy into their ideas, attractive sounding synonyms apply to them - intellectual, truth seeker, big picture visionary, enlightened, etc. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are just a blind follower who has been seduced by a smooth talking guru who has 'proven' that everything he hypothesizes is correct beyond the shadow of a doubt? Think about it more deeply and challenge yourself. That's what having an open mind is all about.

odbo
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2171
Joined: January 6th, 2011, 2:40 pm

Post by odbo » March 28th, 2011, 10:57 am

One problem: What is a conspiracy theory?

This is Orwellian doublethink.
It's neurolinguistic programming. You have to attack it and eventually you'll regain a clear head.

If you ban conspiracy theories then that probably means only discussions on your daily experience will be permissable.
No tv, no books, no radio shows, no history, and so on.

I came into "conspiracies" studying social engineering, which is the science of manipulating humanity through the media. I wondered why people did what they did, thought what they thought. See in America in particular, people go against their nature. The best example of this is in school. It's all about doing what's "cool". But who created the cool? Who were the architects of this culture... The conspiracy aspect of this comes in when you see who controls the tools to manipulate humanity. Who owns Hollywood, who funds certain projects, etc. Then you notice there are concentrated efforts. What is their agenda? You have ideas by connecting dots and seeing obvious things when people like Kissinger or Brzezinski are up there telling you point blank (they love to boast). But it's only obvious to someone who can see the world for what it is, not the world the media portrays. Most of it is hidden in plain sight to the sleeping majority who either cannot see because of successful programming or refuse to see out of fear, denial.

The big picture is huge. It's a personal journey.

Studying the various agendas and thus seeing the tactics for what they really are, has greatly improved my mental health. The dumbing down of society, the emasculinization/effeminization of man, the masculinization of women, the sexualization of children, and so on. I now know I'm not different or crazy, I'm simply human and the herd are the domesticated, unnatural article. Since I am surrounded by the living-dead, it can be concluded that straying from the herd will lead to lonliness. But I'm actually living fuller than I ever have. I apprechiate the simple things much more since I have got the heavy burden off my back. The heavy burden of having to constantly fight to maintain my humanity against an ever increasing threat.

But since discovering the formulas they like to use and reuse ad infinitum I'm able to brush off their attacks without a sweat. Zombies aren't happy people. The programs, which are implamented gradually, (otherwise the zombies might notice and awake from their slumber), are causing them to be more and more dysfunctional. Such people cannot enjoy life. I'm in control of my life. I'm not running a program, I'm not working towards my own demise.

Jackal
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1229
Joined: March 4th, 2008, 4:24 am
Location: Hungary

Post by Jackal » March 28th, 2011, 8:40 pm

LinuxOnly wrote: But since discovering the formulas they like to use and reuse ad infinitum I'm able to brush off their attacks without a sweat. Zombies aren't happy people. The programs, which are implamented gradually, (otherwise the zombies might notice and awake from their slumber), are causing them to be more and more dysfunctional. Such people cannot enjoy life. I'm in control of my life. I'm not running a program, I'm not working towards my own demise.
I disagree. I think many people who are "zombies" by your definition are happy with their lives. Sometimes too much thinking interferes with affairs of the heart.

If you feel that you've benefited from CT stuff, that's great; but you're still missing the point that all that stuff is pretty useless when it comes to dating overseas.

If Winston had a separate website for CT stuff that would make the mission of this site more focused. If you had a forum about electrical engineering and people kept posting about dog food there, eventually, you'd say, "Hey, wouldn't it be better if we moved the posts about dog food to a different website?" CT and international dating go together about as well as toothpaste and orange juice.
MrPeabody wrote: You can take the CELTA in many countries, so you could take it in the country you are interested in. (I am taking the one in Thailand in May)
Good for you! You might have to put up with a lot of pointless work and some feminist instructors, but just grit your teeth, smile, and get through it. Having a CELTA is very useful, especially if you have a degree in addition to that.

Since I've settled on teaching English as my career for the forseeable future, I think I might want to get a master's in ESL sometime, if I can arrange it. I thought about a DELTA, but it seems like half the work of getting a master's degree for only 1/10 the respect.

Enishi
Freshman Poster
Posts: 345
Joined: September 3rd, 2007, 7:24 pm

Post by Enishi » March 28th, 2011, 9:41 pm

CT stuff is interesting to read but I do agree that one of the major problems with CT is that by the very nature of the subject, the more intelligent stuff gets lumped in alongside "OMIGOD DA JOOS!!" Better to keep it on a separate site altogether.

Honestly speaking, too much obsessive thinking over CT, irregardless of whether it's accurate or not, can have a negative impact on your mind and subtle energy. Seriously, some meditation and chi kung is better for you in the long run. Stop the over intellectualizing. This is one reason I've started avoiding some of the MGTOW websites. Too much negativity.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem”