Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Postby Taco » June 21st, 2013, 1:38 am

Norfolk Island is one of the few English speaking countries with no taxes.

A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes
http://www.sovereignman.com/offshore/a- ... tax-12086/
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4425
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm





Postby Cornfed » June 21st, 2013, 2:27 am

Like a lot of remote places, it is a paradise but for the lack of one thing: money. If I could earn lots of money over the Internet I would consider either living there or in Svalbard. Then again, various texts say the only way of surviving what is coming is to live in the mountains...
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Postby Teal Lantern » June 21st, 2013, 2:37 am

Taco wrote:Norfolk Island is one of the few English speaking countries with no taxes.

A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes
http://www.sovereignman.com/offshore/a- ... tax-12086/


Wherever people and prosperity go, the tax man will follow.
It should say "No taxes, ... yet."

It starts out as "soak the rich", but everyone else gets hosed, too.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby momopi » June 21st, 2013, 10:09 pm

The wealthy folks today have numerous financial services available to them, where teams of specialists spend their working hours to figure out how to optimize wealth and reduce tax liabilities. They do not need to flee to Norfolk island just to reduce their tax burden.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4743
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby ragequit » June 22nd, 2013, 2:32 am

momopi wrote:The wealthy folks today have numerous financial services available to them, where teams of specialists spend their working hours to figure out how to optimize wealth and reduce tax liabilities. They do not need to flee to Norfolk island just to reduce their tax burden.


True. That's why they don't. Many billionaires pay little or no personal tax because everything owned through trusts and corporations.

Norfolk Island's autonomy and tax-free status are regularly threatened by the Australian government, so I wouldn't count it either lasting.
ragequit
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 12:26 am

Re: A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Postby haiqu » April 5th, 2017, 5:27 pm

It's an isolated shithole. It is also now part of New South Wales, and as such subject to Australian taxation.
haiqu
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 5th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Re: A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Postby Cornfed » April 6th, 2017, 12:18 pm

haiqu wrote:It's an isolated shithole. It is also now part of New South Wales, and as such subject to Australian taxation.

Thanks for reminding me of this. Maybe I will go and live there for a while.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: A Hidden Paradise With No Taxes

Postby Cornfed » April 6th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Cornfed wrote:
haiqu wrote:It's an isolated shithole. It is also now part of New South Wales, and as such subject to Australian taxation.

Thanks for reminding me of this. Maybe I will go and live there for a while.

Then again, maybe not.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am


Return to Australia, New Zealand, Oceania Region

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest