Asians get bullied in New Zealand?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.
Winston
Site Admin

Asians get bullied in New Zealand?

Post by Winston »

Check out this post in my guestbook from a Taiwanese mom about her son getting bullied in New Zealand.

http://www.ultraguest.com/view/1200586414
I'm so happy that I found your site. I'm a Taiwanese having a son who is very much like you. which confuse me a lot and got him into a lot of trouble. We used to live in New Zealand and There are lots of new Asian immigrant recent years. His believe of of identity get him into serious bullying. Even his school teacher comment that his has no confident which make all the bulling happened. He got no support, only criticism. I do not feel that he is a boy as they described. so we move to Australia. In a country have bigger and longer history of immigration making him feel more comfortable.

When I read your biography about yourself, very surprisingly I found that you two come from the same country, having the same interests in drama, philosophy, history and have a very curious mind.

Being a first generation of immigrants, I'm so confused and keep asking myself what have I done wrong, until I found your site.

Thank you so much for post it out and share your view with us. It is very brave and confident.
Gee that sucks. Being an Asian male must be tough anywhere you go. Sheesh.

Nevertheless, there are many nice new comments in my guestbook. Check them out.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Re: Asians get bullied in New Zealand?

Post by DaRick »

Winston wrote:Check out this post in my guestbook from a Taiwanese mom about her son getting bullied in New Zealand.

I'm so happy that I found your site. I'm a Taiwanese having a son who is very much like you. which confuse me a lot and got him into a lot of trouble. We used to live in New Zealand and There are lots of new Asian immigrant recent years. His believe of of identity get him into serious bullying. Even his school teacher comment that his has no confident which make all the bulling happened. He got no support, only criticism. I do not feel that he is a boy as they described. so we move to Australia. In a country have bigger and longer history of immigration making him feel more comfortable.

When I read your biography about yourself, very surprisingly I found that you two come from the same country, having the same interests in drama, philosophy, history and have a very curious mind.

Being a first generation of immigrants, I'm so confused and keep asking myself what have I done wrong, until I found your site.

Thank you so much for post it out and share your view with us. It is very brave and confident.

Yes, Chinese have a difficult time in NZ - more so than in Australia. I'm not really sure why, but the Chinese in NZ are more alienated from mainstream society (seeing themselves as being more Chinese than New Zealanders) and the NZ'rs haven't taken a shine to them. These problems do exist in AUS, but not to the same extent (surprisingly, given our fractious relationship with Chinese miners in the 1800's - "Yellow Peril" and whatnot).
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

American expats often report that their children experience bullying in both NZ and Australia, especially NZ.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

DaRick wrote:
Winston wrote:Check out this post in my guestbook from a Taiwanese mom about her son getting bullied in New Zealand.

Yes, Chinese have a difficult time in NZ - more so than in Australia. I'm not really sure why, but the Chinese in NZ are more alienated from mainstream society (seeing themselves as being more Chinese than New Zealanders) and the NZ'rs haven't taken a shine to them. These problems do exist in AUS, but not to the same extent (surprisingly, given our fractious relationship with Chinese miners in the 1800's - "Yellow Peril" and whatnot).
Good. Maybe if I were to go to NZ and try to court an Azn mami, then that might be advantageous for me because I would be a non-Azn reaching out. It has happened in other places in the world where an Azn woman felt alienated, I comforted her, and we had a little something going on for awhile. ;o)

Yeah, especially as an Asian, that person should really avoid Maori's and Anglo-Kiwi people there when they are drunk. They really become a monster with enough amt. of liquid courage in them.
I fought about 7 Aussies in Peru and nothing was phasing them even as hard as I was hitting them. It's best to avoid fights with Oceania people whilst they are drunk; they are very nasty and a force to be reckon with. You cannot be diplo with them whatsoever. Just walk away unless you are up for a brawl if you have at least two-three other brawlic-good fighters on your team. Seriously.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, when I was in NZ I saw mostly Asians on the streets in Auckland. They and white kids did not mix. Same in Australia.

There was a story about how an Iraqi family moved to a small town there and the Maoris gave them such hell, they had to move out.

I also saw a movie about an Ozzie family moving to a small town there- white Anglo Ozzies and how the kid got bullied and how other NZ kids told him "to jump like a kangaroo".

School is hell for most kids who are different. Look at Japan. Kids commit suicide there. And if a kid is foreign, they bully them no end, as well.

I also had to leave at least two jobs with American bosses because of bullying. For one reason or another.

We need to find places on earth where people are good.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

gspshields2 wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
DaRick wrote:

Good. Maybe if I were to go to NZ and try to court an Azn mami, then that might be advantageous for me because I would be a non-Azn reaching out. It has happened in other places in the world where an Azn woman felt alienated, I comforted her, and we had a little something going on for awhile. ;o)

Yeah, especially as an Asian, that person should really avoid Maori's and Anglo-Kiwi people there when they are drunk. They really become a monster with enough amt. of liquid courage in them.
I fought about 7 Aussies in Peru and nothing was phasing them even as hard as I was hitting them. It's best to avoid fights with Oceania people whilst they are drunk; they are very nasty and a force to be reckon with. You cannot be diplo with them whatsoever. Just walk away unless you are up for a brawl if you have at least two-three other brawlic-good fighters on your team. Seriously.
Ok who is douchebag bragging about fighting 7 Aussies. I call bullshit on this story sir. You are a complete wimp loser and you know it. If you tried to hit me, I would own you so fast...
You call admitting the truth bragging? What type of koolaid do you drink? You act like I f***ed those seven guys up. You point out where in my reply I said I f***ed up all seven Aussies, and I would man up and admit that I had lied.

And why would I hit you? Do you want me to touch you with my fists? That sounds really "moist" and "suspect" right there. "Suspect" means having gay tendencies in case you're rusty in Ebonics.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!