Why don't black Americans go to Africa to find a woman?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

And who were the majority the slave owners again? God's chosen people.
No sheet. You mean in the bigoted WASPish South the majority of plantations were owned by Jews? Now, that's a new line.

Those Southerners would not tolerate it.
There's no such nationality as American,
Yes, there is. That's what the passport of 300 million would say. That is why there are embassies to cater to citizens. And everywhere on earth I went, on so many immigration forms I had to put my nationality as American.

The Americas don't have indigenous populations. Ancestors of Indians came from Asia and those of Blacks came from Africa. But they themselves are now from the Americas. If there is no American nationality, then there is no other nationality anywhere in the Americas. There are no Brazilians, no Argentineans, no Costa Ricans? Would you care to stand on a podium somewhere in Rio de Janeiro and openly proclaim that to the Brazilian people there.

You will have hard time explaining it to any immigration office anywhere, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
bret234
Freshman Poster

Re: Why don't black Americans go to Africa to find a woman?

Post by bret234 »

This may be a late response but most African women who are looking foreign men usually want caucasian men not black men. White men are considered top of the chain in Africa.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

This is another interesting and thought provoking question on the Happier Abroad forum. Now to be honest as a black American man myself, I have never been to any African country. But I do have a few theories as to why most black American men don't go to Africa to find a woman. Here are the following reasons:

1.) The continent of Africa (which contains 54 different countries) is what I call "the road less taken". Particularly Sub-Saharan Africa. In regards to international/global dating, I think Africa is not as well advertised for finding foreign ladies/brides as Southeast Asia, Latin America, or Eastern Europe. I think Africa would be ranked right along with India, most Islamic/Arab nations, and the Caribbean (except for the Dominican Republic) as one of the areas of the world little known for if any foreign dating market.

2.) Africa is one of the least developed regions of the world. With more development of infrastructure and foreign investment comes increased trade and contact with African women. Which something that China is doing right now. Most African nations economies are based on their natural resources such as oil, diamonds, magnesium, zinc, uranium, etc. Otherwise, tourism is the other leading industry on the continent especially in Kenya and South Africa for their safaris.

3.) Africa is also one of the most unstable and dangerous regions of the world. Many areas throughout Africa are simply unsafe for westerners/foreigners even if your black!! Everything from political strife (Burundi and Liberia ), tribal conflict (Rwanda, Somalia), religious wars (such as Islam vs. Catholicism in Nigeria), deadly diseases (such as Malaria, Sleeping Sickness, Ebola, and AIDS),wild animals, terrorism, corruption. Even in South Africa the most technologically advanced and westernized country in Africa is still dealing with the legacy of Apartied/racism, a high crime rate, and an HIV epidemic. These factors may discourage most black American men from going there.

4.) Also, I think that as for most attractive African women if they were to leave in large numbers out of their home countries, they tend want to head for EUROPE not America. Particularly the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Italy. Which interestingly enough happen to be the very countries that had colonized most of Africa. Many of these hot African women (especially Ethiopian ladies) go to these countries to become fashion models, flight attendants,T.V. actress, news presenters, etc.

5.) Then as for black American men seeking foreign black women, they usually head to LATIN AMERICA places like the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Belize, Panama, Colombia, and Brazil not Africa. This is part of the world is closer to the states and fits their travel budget.

6.) Some black American men simply have a preference for non-black women. The reasons can range from having too many negative experiences with a lot black American women, such as being rejected or overlooked by them ( for being considered too short, too poor, too boring/lame, a nerd) mistreatment, to just finding many of them unattractive physically (such as being overweight, obese, bad attitude, too rude/aggressive, etc.). Others have either a strong attraction to or a fetish for Latina, Asian, or European White women. This is particularly true if the black American men have traveled overseas as businessmen or while serving in the military. Therefore, these men will go elsewhere to find women that appeal to them and who will accept them for who they are.

7.) Finally, I think there are black American men who may want to go to Africa to find a woman, but simply don't have the money to travel. This is especially true for those black men in the lower/working-class and middle-income brackets.

As for myself, personally if there were any African women I find the most physically attractive it would be the Ethiopian ones. To me they look very exotic and sexy with their beautiful eyes, long hair, skin tone, faces, and curvy but slim bodies.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by The_Adventurer »

chanta76 wrote:Is it possible that there is some self hate among black posters here. I know that statement will sound controversy and can offend some poster.

But let me explain. Let say I meet an Asian guy who said, "I don't like going back to Asia for this reason or that and I don't like dating Asian women because for this reason or that". I might think he wants to distance himself from his culture and his own people. Granted he may have a valid reason.

However, let me expand a little bit. I'm Korean American guy living in NYC and I met a number of Asian American girls who would not want to date me because they prefer white guys. In matter of fact it's negative trend in the Asian American community that there is a fair number of Asian women who will not date Asian men. You can blame this on white colonist mentality that still exist in this world.

Some Asian guy get piss and go after white women only or some Asian guys because they grew up in the west fantasies white women . I notice these types of Asian guys tend to distance themselves from Asian culture and would have really negative thinking of Asian women. In reverse I see this with Asian American women too who only date white men and not associate with anything Asian. ( For most part they ONLY date white men and rarely men of color ) I call this having a loss of identity and just feeding into the white worship.

I see this with some black guys too. I know I am going to step on toes with that comment.

But what is Asian culture? You're Korean American, so does that mean you should go to China? Should you learn Chinese, and hang out with Chinese people? The idea that black Americans, who are American, should visit, connect with or have any interest in Africa, which has 54 different countries, and even some of these countries contain different tribes with different languages and cultures, makes little sense, unless one just has a personal interest. This is to say nothing of whether or not a persons family/ancestors even come from anywhere in Africa.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

adventurer,

The biggest sin that happened to black america is stripping their identity. I can at least trace my ancestor .Yes, I'm Korean ..I have a Korean name. I can trace my great grand father and so on. The problem with Asian Americans is that they want to be white..The Asian american identity is mess...and likewise not too dissimilar to black american identity. Yes, black america lacks strong identity themselves.
Black nationalist see black people as kings and queens..but sadly these same black nationalist don't know who their ancestor are. Does it matter? maybe it doesn't because even for Asian Americans that become Americanize..the KEY WORD IS AMERICANIZE..they want to be white for the most part. Because by default white is american.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Yes. I've known many Asian Americans who don't speak, and barely understand, the language of even their parents. I speak Japanese better than some of my Japanese American classmates. Among Chinese Americans, back when I was in school at least, seems to be the least desire to connect with, or be associated with, their father's country.

Among black americans you have people latching on to Egyptians, Moors, Arabs, Hebrews and everything else in search of identity. I, personally, can trace my great grandparents and can get a little info beyond. It's not like the information isn't out there. Fredrick Douglas wrote a lot in his time, almost 200 years ago, on black american identity. He wasn't talking about Africa at all.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

adventurer ,

Some people will say America has history of different race. The Chinese built the rail roads. The black slaves built the economy in the South pre-civil war. So some people will say there is aspect in America that has contribution of different racial groups. So for some Black Americans will connect with that. Just as some Asian Americans might connect with that.

But I think if there was a solid connection to the ancestor country for some folks who is sick of this country might try to go back to their native country.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

I disagree that blacks don't have an identity. Their identity is very similar to that of Koreans. Both groups see themselves as victims in world history and feel morally superior to outsiders. I think the main reasons Asian American females are interested in white guys is because they want to feel like they are part of the mainstream in America and they want to escape the Asian male patriarchy in their own cultures. They recognize that women have more advantages in western cultures. I don't think we'll see a lot of black Americans immigrating to Africa. What separates many of them from third world poverty is trillions spent on welfare and all the preference they get in hiring due to AA. Why give all that up?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

In the cases of some nationalities, I do not believe it is necessarily true that the foreign version is better than the American version. If there is no discernible difference, then there is no reason to go that route. Now you have your answer.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Traveler,

I'm curious who are you? You sound like a middle age rejected white guy that has a bone to pick with people of color.

There are really two identities for Korea people. There are the Korean -American identity and you have Korean people in Korea. This is more or less the same for the rest of Asian people. You got the Chinese-American and than the Chinese people from China. For the Korean-American and the CHinese-American they go under the Asian-American identity. The problem with the Asian-American identity is that they become too Americanize..you meet a higher level of Asian -American women who wants to date/marry White guys because they see them as mainstream ..but that is not always the case for Asian girls back in native Asian countries. It depends back in the native countries.

I disagree that Koreans see themselves as victims. There are Koreans that have bitterness towards the Japanese but outside of that I don't see that victim mentality.

I think with black Americans if they have actual strong connection there would be more of them going back . Granted if Africa was in better state you would have more blacks going back. For example when I was in college I met international student from Africa. Some of them were from Nigeria or Ghana. They knew there native culture and language. The feeling I got from them was that they plan on going back if possible.

With majority of black americans they came here as slave so they don't know their native ancestry . Most black americans see America as their home. They don;'t see the connection of Africa.
However, if Africa rises like the way Asia did. And let say it becomes more of a 1st world countries..your going to get more and more black americans or people in general be interested in that continent.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

People I meet from Africa, anywhere in the world, seem to think there are plenty of places worth visiting. They don't have the image of Africa most Americans seem to have. I think many Americans still think of Africa as the "dark continent" and see it as totally undeveloped. They believe people live in trees and run around with spears.

I have met Afrikaners in particular who say that places like Cape Town are worth looking at. I was told that a many black Americans do go there and never want to return home.
Stringer Bell
Freshman Poster

Post by Stringer Bell »

Traveler wrote:I disagree that blacks don't have an identity. Their identity is very similar to that of Koreans. Both groups see themselves as victims in world history and feel morally superior to outsiders. I think the main reasons Asian American females are interested in white guys is because they want to feel like they are part of the mainstream in America and they want to escape the Asian male patriarchy in their own cultures. They recognize that women have more advantages in western cultures. I don't think we'll see a lot of black Americans immigrating to Africa. What separates many of them from third world poverty is trillions spent on welfare and all the preference they get in hiring due to AA. Why give all that up?

You can not compare the complex Identity of Black Americans to ANY other group in this country. They love the slave narrative however Black Americans played a pivotal role in FOUNDING this country and freeing those in bondage. Every one like to diminish this great heritage because it make certain segments of the population ( who's contributions are eclipsed) very insecure.

Lets not start with the welfare/Affirmative argument as we know who it benefits the most and its not black Americans. I understand this belief makes you feel all fuzzy inside. I'll make a point that you can't be alcoholic and then point at someone else saying they are an alcoholic more "per capita".
OneLove21
Freshman Poster

Post by OneLove21 »

Oh yes, Africa....
The 'continent' with many languages, races, tribes, religions languages, and more..North, East, and West Africa are extremely distinct...let's not forget that most of North Africa has heavy Islamic and Arab influence....

These are things that many 'African Americans' have a minimum grasp about. I find this sad for obvious reasons, but that is another topic for another day. Thus, I've witnessed Black Americans and 'Africans' in the States maintaining minimal acknowledgment to one another. Most Africans can't relate to Black American culture and mentality and vice versa.Hell, most Africans from various nations-Black Africans based on your post-sticks to their own cultures just as any other 'non-Black culture.'
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

African women are night and day different from black American women. I dated an African girl in the US for a few years, it was one of the best relationships I ever had in my life. African girls appreciate a simple decent guy. They are proud of their skin color and don't hate your skin color either.
African girls have a culture, they know their heritage, many of them have college degrees. They were raised to be mothers and they respect their elders. They like to stay organized, they like to cook, they want a long-lasting marriage. The only thing that really stopped me from getting married was having mixed kids. I just can't have mixed kids in the US since I understand how much hate mixed kids will experience growing up in the US.

Now the girl I dated was East African. I went on dates with West African girls and they were more masculine, more loud, more controlling. Although Ethiopian girls are from East Africa they are very rough in their attitudes, almost testing your patience. Ethiopians are very stuck up since they know many people consider them exotic and desired. From what I learned best African women would be Somali, Tanzanian, Kenyan, Ugandan. North African girls can be beautiful as well, but they seem to prefer their own men.

Dating an educated African women almost feels like dating a European woman. They care about little girly things, pay attention to you as a man, try to help you with cleaning around the house, compliment you when you get a nice shirt, cook for you when you meet up. Just so normal, easy-going and no aggression of any kind. My ex paid for half of our take out meals. I never asked her to do it, she suggested it herself. Do you ever get this type of relationship with black American women? Never. Black American women are money-hungry aggressive ghetto queens.

I also learned about how much black Americans hate African immigrants that move to the US. But news channels will not tell you about it, since you know, black people cannot be racist.

If I was a black man, I would absolutely get a hot Somali wife with a European face, tiny waist and a bubble black butt.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

have2fly wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 11:58 pm
African women are night and day different from black American women. I dated an African girl in the US for a few years, it was one of the best relationships I ever had in my life. African girls appreciate a simple decent guy. They are proud of their skin color and don't hate your skin color either.
African girls have a culture, they know their heritage, many of them have college degrees. They were raised to be mothers and they respect their elders. They like to stay organized, they like to cook, they want a long-lasting marriage. The only thing that really stopped me from getting married was having mixed kids. I just can't have mixed kids in the US since I understand how much hate mixed kids will experience growing up in the US.

Now the girl I dated was East African. I went on dates with West African girls and they were more masculine, more loud, more controlling. Although Ethiopian girls are from East Africa they are very rough in their attitudes, almost testing your patience. Ethiopians are very stuck up since they know many people consider them exotic and desired. From what I learned best African women would be Somali, Tanzanian, Kenyan, Ugandan. North African girls can be beautiful as well, but they seem to prefer their own men.

Dating an educated African women almost feels like dating a European woman. They care about little girly things, pay attention to you as a man, try to help you with cleaning around the house, compliment you when you get a nice shirt, cook for you when you meet up. Just so normal, easy-going and no aggression of any kind. My ex paid for half of our take out meals. I never asked her to do it, she suggested it herself. Do you ever get this type of relationship with black American women? Never. Black American women are money-hungry aggressive ghetto queens.

I also learned about how much black Americans hate African immigrants that move to the US. But news channels will not tell you about it, since you know, black people cannot be racist.

If I was a black man, I would absolutely get a hot Somali wife with a European face, tiny waist and a bubble black butt.
Malta has a good community of young men and women from Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia. They are usually seasonal workers but they often stay all year around if they find a suitable job.

I briefly dated an Eritrean girl, it only lasted 3 weeks because she was on the tail end of her visa. I agree that most African women have a strong culture and pride and are looking for serious relationships. In terms of beauty I rank Ethiopian/Etritrean and Somali as Africa's most beautiful, with amazing bodies and more delicate facial features, more akin to middle eastern or even northern Indians.

The one thing I noticed, though, is that people from these regions are very proud of their home culture, their ancestry. Ethiopian rulers were regarded as "African royalty" and this is also why Ethiopia was never really colonised (Italy, Britain and France tried without success).

In a traditional Ethiopian/Etrirean/Somali family, it's actually quite hard for a Caucasian man to be accepted as a suitable husband for their girls. Of course things change in those families which have been more exposed to Western culture via jobs, studies, travel, etc. I was lucky the girl I dated was relatively open minded as her father was a mining engineer who studied in the UK. Golden opportunity for a relationship, died too early hehe