ESL Job - Saudi Arabia - £900 pw

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
Renata
Experienced Poster

ESL Job - Saudi Arabia - £900 pw

Post by Renata »

I teached English for a year & left it to try other fields like real estate ... but recently I got a job offer from an agency I worked with before. It's paying 900GBP per week. A client of theirs liked my profile,.. they need someone to speak english with their daughter so she can perfect it, .. the job is for 1 year, but I won't meet my employers until I get to the destination; Saudi Arabia. I've never been that far east but I won't mind going. The circumstances have me feeling like I will be going into the 'unknown'...

Here's the job description ... Mon-Sat & working hours unknown ... Client unknown ...
Accompanying the client all the time in all activities Entertaining the client and pro-actively planning and participating in games, sports, and other activities Accompanying the client to social events and gatherings with family and friends Taking care and keeping track of daily routines Helping the client to manage personal belongings, play areas, school work as well as family, personal and leisure time. Making sure the client is not left alone when needed.

Does it sound like it's worth it? I have no idea if I'll enjoy this job, it sound like babysitting'

Has anyone been to Saudi, what's the deal with the exit visa I heard about? Can I get it easily if I need to leave?
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The past of teach is taught, by the way.

What board is it from? Also, the pay is very big- its almost $6K a month. Exercises caution. Sometimes scammers post jobs and then ask for "visa money".

PM me with the particulars.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I've worked with them before. They found me a job once, so it's not a scam but I am a Caribbean girl & I did grow up speaking broken english but I don't anymore. After working in the UK I was forced to speak slower & with proper english so people could understand me. My grammer isn't 100% perfect though, thanks for the heads up. :oops: PM sent.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Sounds like a great opportunity, given that your native language isn't English. I didn't even think it was possible to get an ESL job unless your native language was Engish.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Its not your accent but your citizenship is what matters. Are you a UK citizen? Then you are British to them, not a "Caribbean guy."
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

English is my native language... it used to be broken-english but it's isn't anymore. I used to sound like Bob Marley lol

I have Trinidadian & Venezuelan citizenship. I only worked in the UK for a few years under a work visa scheme thay had long ago. It's not a school or an organisation I'll be going to but a household & I'll be living in seperate accomdation on the family's grounds. My only worry is the exit visa.