Muslim/Jewish marriage experiment

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Muslim/Jewish marriage experiment

Post by zboy1 »

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Muslim/Jewish marriage experiment

Post by Kradmelder »

if it is all BS and they both end up killing each other, then the family feud ends up wiping out both their races, well what can I say but buy the last one standing of each a beer.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Did the Jewish woman wear something I didn't notice that showed she was Jewish? How did the people know she was supposed to be Jewish? Both the men and the Muslim woman were wearing clothes associated with their religion.

In Islam, Muslim men are allowed to marry Jewish or Christian women, but Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslims. In modern Orthodox Judaism, they count the Jewish line as continuing on through the mother, so a Jewish man dressed up all 'black hatter' like that, with a Muslim woman is odd. If she's his wife, then he did not marry in such a way to continue his line, and he's dressed up very religiously.

Some Orthodox Jewish men have some restrictions on them related to touching women. I'm not sure about his group, but I wonder if it may be a little unusual if he were walking down the street holding hands with a Jewish woman. Some of the more religious Muslims women do not touch men they are not related to, and culturally, it would be odd for husband and wife to walk down the street holding hands. It depends on where they are from. In Indonesia, some Muslim women won't touch men.

As a teacher in Indonesia I've had girls with head coverings shake my hands at the end of class. Some smile politely without shaking hands. Some of the girls wearing jilbap have put my hand to their forehead like Filipinos do with grandparents.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

This is highly impractical and will destroy families.