Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Should I get my mercury dental fillings removed?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should I get my mercury dental fillings removed?

Post by Winston » June 14th, 2018, 10:06 pm

HouseMD wrote:
June 4th, 2015, 12:08 am
You do realize that we make more money by removing the fillings and placing new ones, right? There's entire rackets of "holistic" dentists that promise to remove your amalgam fillings in way that minimizes mercury exposure during the procedure (which they, themselves, will till you exceeds the lifetime exposure you'd get from a filling in a single dose). This mercury minimizing technique will of course come at an added cost, usually in the hundreds of dollars per tooth.

I always find it amusing how people insist only the mainstream physicians are after your money, when the "holistic" ones are also only willing to help you for a fee, and one that often exceeds that of mainstream medical treatment.

As to the ridiculous comment about a human's consciousness being different than a fish, you totally missed the point- I was stating that when you eat a fish that is high in the food chain, it contains more mercury than you are exposed to by a filling in a five week period. So, basically, if you were to consume 11 servings of tuna in a year, you would be exposed to more mercury than you would by a filling. If you're concerned about mercury, you are best to avoid its most potent reservoirs, among them large fish. Fish that are lower in the food chain, such as sardines, anchovies, and river species, such as wild salmon, tend to be far, far lower in mercury content.

Personally, I wouldn't get a mercury filling if it were a new filling- why do so when you have an alternative- but for a filling that is already in place, you're best off leaving it for the reasons I've stated above.
Yes of course holistic dentists make money too. But the reason probably why mainstream dentists don't suggest removing mercury fillings is because they would be admitting that they are unsafe and that they've been wrong all this time. That would open themselves up to lawsuits. Plus the ADA has forbidden dentists from claiming that mercury fillings are toxic and harmful, so dentists have to abide by their rules, or the ADA could revoke their license. Also, dentists already make enough money. They don't need extra money from suggesting the removal of mercury fillings. Furthermore, the dentist who does this operation also exposes himself to the mercury vapors too. Haven't you heard that dentists have a high suicide rate and brain damage rate, probably because they too ingest a lot of mercury vapors when putting in mercury fillings? I heard about that. Is it true?

Well I don't eat fish because I'm vegetarian. So fish isn't an issue for me. However after I got my mercury fillings when I was 9 or 10, I noticed that soon afterwards I could no longer sprint on the field like I could before. And my toe nails started looking crooked and deformed. I have no idea if it's from the mercury though, but it could be.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » June 14th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Devil Dog wrote:
June 6th, 2015, 5:31 pm
“You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? - Medicine.”

― Tim Minchin
That would be true in an ideal world of truth seekers and no control from corporations. But in this world it isn't true. Because big pharma and FDA controls what is called "medicine", not us and not objective truth seekers. Today the FDA's official claim is that there is no such thing as a natural cure and that only prescription drugs can cure. In other words, natural cures don't exist. You buy that? You believe that?

Back in the 1800's, before the Rockefellers took over corporate medicine and banned all medicine that was not allopathic, doctors gave out herbal medicine, aka "naturopathic medicine". It worked fine. Even the American Indians used herbal, plant medicine and naturopathic medicine for centuries, and it worked fine for them. It was considered "medicine" back then. But not today since the FDA won't allow it.

There are many documentaries exposing the FDA's frauds, lies, crimes, suppression and cover ups that you can see on YouTube. It's a purely evil organization now. Did you know that the director of the FDA owns stocks in Merck, the company that manufactures vaccines that cause autism and contain mercury? Isn't that corrupt and a double standard? Isn't that supposed to be illegal? Yet in America, it's allowed. What does that tell you?

Again, logic and critical thinking debunk your statement. Your fallacy is in assuming that the FDA is an objectively truth seeker free of corruption and lies and is always honest and clean. Totally false assumption. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » June 22nd, 2018, 5:56 pm

Winston, since you are concerned with dental fillings, when are you going to get tested for heavy metals?

I told you to get tested in 2010 and 2012 in this same thread. Why are you watching documentaries instead of getting tested?

If you suspect that you have STD, wouldn’t you get tested to verify exactly what you have (or not) before treatment?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » June 23rd, 2018, 1:56 am

momopi wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 5:56 pm
Winston, since you are concerned with dental fillings, when are you going to get tested for heavy metals?

I told you to get tested in 2010 and 2012 in this same thread. Why are you watching documentaries instead of getting tested?

If you suspect that you have STD, wouldn’t you get tested to verify exactly what you have (or not) before treatment?
I watched documentaries to do research to decide whether I should get them removed or not. My dentist was reluctant to do so and advised against it. So I told him I'd do more research and decide later. Remember? After seeing all the damning information and evidence, I'm convinced they should be removed and replaced. Why do you think documentaries are a waste of time? If they are good and informative and factual, then they are useful and informative. Comprende?

Do you even know this new documentary exists?

http://www.evidence-of-harm.com

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » June 26th, 2018, 9:01 am

Winston, why are you still watching documentaries after 8 years when you could have gotten test results in a week?

I have no dental fillings, my teeth are zirconium crowns (didn't want to deal with braces/retainer & whitening). You’re the one with concerns about having 5 dental fillings. It’s your responsibility to take timely remediation steps including heavy metal testing and filling removal/replacement as needed or desired.

You're the customer -- it's your teeth, not your dentist's teeth. When I had a frontal crown replaced earlier this year, I made it clear to my dentist that I expected good color matching with existing crowns under different lighting conditions. It took my dentist 6 attempts over 5 months, including trips to the lab in Cerritos for custom color matching to get acceptable results.