Diarrhea and skin infections, what to do?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eat garlic whole after mushing it with a spoon? Ick! I don't know if I could do that.

So how come Ladislav claims that taking garlic pills is keeping him healthy? Is this a case of the placebo effect? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just had an ultrasound done. The results said regarding my gall bladder: "There are elongated high‑level echoes noted within, suggestive of ascariasis." When I took the results to my doctor, she referred me to her husband, a surgeon. He said that my elongated gall bladder was unusual and could be due to enlarged gallstones or even worms, though worms don't usually crawl in there.

He told me to get another ultrasound at another clinic for a second opinion. In the meantime, at my request, he gave me a tablet that kills all worms in the body. It was a single dose tablet called Mebendazole 500 mg. I made sure to take it before the next ultrasound to see if that would make any difference in the results.

The thing is, he seemed to strongly prefer that I get my gall bladder removed, even though my past doctors didn't. Why is that, I wonder? I wonder if the doctors here get kickbacks or commissions from such surgeries, but he told me that it didn't matter if I got it done in Taiwan or the Philippines, as long as it was done.

The thing is, even though you don't really need your gall bladder, I'd still prefer to keep it. I mean, I assume that Nature or God put it there for a reason, even if mankind can't find one...

What do you think?

I also had another blood sugar test done. It came back saying that I am borderline between normal and diabetes, which is called a "pre-diabetes stage". What can I do about that? Would losing weight help? I've already lost some weight and my pants are starting to drop down, to the point where I may need to get a new belt soon. I've been eating only one meal a day, with the second meal consisting of fruits and yogurt, which seems to help me lose weight.
Last edited by Winston on May 20th, 2011, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

On the bright side winston, everything they tell us (like diabetes being irreversible) is a lie, so if you do choose to be a typical American and ruin your health rather than searching within for some willpower and changing your lifestyle... there is hope for the future, or at least a valid excuse for procrastination :?

I'm not that much into healthy but i do know a big reason why so many kids get diabetes here in the States is fruit juices. When you make your own juice with a blender, that's healthy. When you get the store-bought stuff in a carton, especially American brands, it's basically sugar + high-fructose corn syrup + sodium fluoride water + preservatives + BPA + 5% fruit juice from artificial flavorings :roll:

Don't get your gall bladder removed! Don't do any unnecessary surgery. I swear to god 10 years from now there's going to be an option to get the right side of your brain removed, because it's not "necessary" for functioning. You can always have surgery later, but you can't get your organs re-installed. Moreover, it always carries risks.

Get on the raw food diet for a while and all your problems will undoubtedly disappear. If you need something sweet raw honey or stevia has to be much better than corn syrup or sugar. As for the garlic thing, just crush it and slip it into your food, like avocado/guacamole and you won't even notice you're eating garlic. I vaguely remember something about this type of garlic product where it's stored like wine for 2-5 years, and it becomes very potent but at the same time the smell disappears despite the idea of garlic juice sounding pretty nasty. Actually I'm not sure if it's in liquid form. Look into that.. and other remedies besides garlic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does this have to be a certain kind of garlic? Is it that white garlic clove or bulb I've seen in the supermarket? Do you have to peel its skin first?

So I just crush it up and break it into pieces and then eat it? How do I know when it's crushed up enough? What signs do I look for?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

odbo wrote:On the bright side winston, everything they tell us (like diabetes being irreversible) is a lie, so if you do choose to be a typical American and ruin your health rather than searching within for some willpower and changing your lifestyle... there is hope for the future, or at least a valid excuse for procrastination :?

I'm not that much into healthy but i do know a big reason why so many kids get diabetes here in the States is fruit juices. When you make your own juice with a blender, that's healthy. When you get the store-bought stuff in a carton, especially American brands, it's basically sugar + high-fructose corn syrup + sodium fluoride water + preservatives + BPA + 5% fruit juice from artificial flavorings :roll:

Don't get your gall bladder removed! Don't do any unnecessary surgery. I swear to god 10 years from now there's going to be an option to get the right side of your brain removed, because it's not "necessary" for functioning. You can always have surgery later, but you can't get your organs re-installed. Moreover, it always carries risks.

Get on the raw food diet for a while and all your problems will undoubtedly disappear. If you need something sweet raw honey or stevia has to be much better than corn syrup or sugar. As for the garlic thing, just crush it and slip it into your food, like avocado/guacamole and you won't even notice you're eating garlic. I vaguely remember something about this type of garlic product where it's stored like wine for 2-5 years, and it becomes very potent but at the same time the smell disappears despite the idea of garlic juice sounding pretty nasty. Actually I'm not sure if it's in liquid form. Look into that.. and other remedies besides garlic.
Everything I've read and been told by doctors I trust suggest that a raw diet would cleanse a sick person, heal them, and give them new found energy.

According to some claims, around 80% of Americans have too much candida. Basically, refined flours and processed sugars are addictive junk. Ditto for the ready made juices and soft drinks we drink. A raw diet is worth a short term try. Get a good blender or juicer, and just go to town with all kinds of fresh veggies and even some fruits. Drink lots of water and non-caffeinated green tea. Use stevia and honey as sugars. Use saturated fats such as coconut oil (easy to find in PI). And if you can't find garlic cloves, I think the pills are OK. I bought some from the pharmacy there and it was a lot like real garlic cloves, bad breath and all. For protein, perhaps you can use protein powders, almonds, beans and legumes. Try out something fairly extreme for 3 weeks or so as an experiment to see how it makes you feel and/or whether or not it can help you lose weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3pnVKrhdo

http://candida.rogerhaeske.com/congrats ... awt_email=

BTW, check out this Chinese American dude in link below. He used to be quite fat and out of shape (look at one of his b4 photos). He sure managed to get into amazing shape.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshor ... r0jp-MU42o
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Raw food diet? I heard that people on that are usually prickly thin and pale. Isn't that a bad thing then?

Maybe it's ok in the short term.

I'm losing weight though and eating healthier. I just need a little more exercise.

Rock, are you saying that conventional doctors you know suggest a raw food diet, even in Taiwan? Or are you talking about alternative naturopath doctors?

Regarding juice, as long as I buy something that says "100 percent natural, no artificial flavors or preservatives" aren't I consuming something healthy then?

Orange juice seems to revitalize me. I buy Australian brands, which are popular in the Philippines, that claim to be all natural. How can I know for sure if something is all natural? Most ingredient labels contain words I don't understand.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Raw food diet? I heard that people on that are usually prickly thin and pale. Isn't that a bad thing then?

Maybe it's ok in the short term.

I'm losing weight though and eating healthier. I just need a little more exercise.

Rock, are you saying that conventional doctors you know suggest a raw food diet, even in Taiwan? Or are you talking about alternative naturopath doctors?

Regarding juice, as long as I buy something that says "100 percent natural, no artificial flavors or preservatives" aren't I consuming something healthy then?

Orange juice seems to revitalize me. I buy Australian brands, which are popular in the Philippines, that claim to be all natural. How can I know for sure if something is all natural? Most ingredient labels contain words I don't understand.
Well, the docs in Taiwan don't tell me directly. They just say, if you want to improve this or that, don't eat this, don't eat that, etc. When I put 2 and 2 together and work out what they are really saying, it boils down to just eating mainly raw types of foods. For example, for bone health (remember I broke my foot last year), they will tell me to avoid meat because its acidic. They also told me to avoid all soft drinks and carbonated beverages cus they impede mineral absorption. As for the US, I have a doctor in Florida who directly recommends that I avoid all refined sugars and flours, basically anything processed. I think a lot of Americans these days are figuring out how unhealthy typical food is. I mean, they can't help noticing all the elephants in the room (literally). The challenge is sticking to a healthy diet cus the bad processed foods and beverages are so damn addictive.

Check-out this guy being interviewed. He claims to have lost 90 lbs. in just 3 months going radically raw. Yet he has a healthy glow to his complexion (not gaunt or unhealthy looking).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdqawS6S ... ure=relmfu

Now he stuck mainly with veggies in the beginning and added fruits to make the diet more enjoyable and energizing (some fruits are high in sugar but at least its not the bad processed kind).

BTW, not all raw food eaters are prickly and thin. Check-out the build on this 41 (at the time) year-old dude who claims to have been eating raw for a long time. I believe if you get enough protein intake and work your muscles out in some way, you can actually get fairly strong on a raw diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF2rH9GCZfo
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

i love how quickly the lazy bastard who runs this forum resorts to excuses. winston you're about the last person on earth who should be worrying about becoming too thin or pale.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But if you eat food raw, wouldn't you be in danger of eating the bacteria in raw food that cooking or frying would get rid of? How do Japanese people eat the raw fish in sushi without getting poisoned from the bacteria in raw fish?

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

cause its fish... and they get it when its very fresh, (often same day). but people still get sick. i've eaten a ton of raw fish in my life and only got sick once when i pigged out on sushi and then just before bedtime had some oranges or something (the citric acid was not a good mix). people like Dr Mercola even eat meat raw, but I read that there were parasites in the organic New Zealand beef he had shipped over to the US so he become bedridden with diarrhea.

with fish its more about the lead and mercury and the guilt (scarcity). why don't you ask some smelly koreans about raw seafood and bacteria, i'm no expert
laurahill
Freshman Poster

Post by laurahill »

Diarrhea can be cured by drinking more amount of fluids which includes fruit juices with pinch of salt and honey.

Drink apple cider vinegar with water,It is really helpful to cure diarrhea and skin infections.

Drink cup of warm water added with mint juice and ginger juice and honey.

Regards,
health