Is it better to eat raw and not fry or heat your food?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Think Different wrote:Here's your answer:

http://www.adoctorskitchen.com/about/building-blocks

Macadamia nut oil is the best (good luck finding it), and extra virgin olive oil is a close second. Looking at the chart, yellow is "good" for you and red is "bad" for you. Try to get as much Omega 3 in whatever you're eating, don't eat too much Omega 6 and stay away from the saturated fats (the ones Americans love to use so much). I do not recommend canola oil, except in baking. Olive oil doesn't taste good if you use it to bake cookies or whatever (believe me, my wife tried it...yuck). Although extra virgin (first pressing) olive oil is pricey, a little goes a long way and it's VERY good for you.
Some schools of thought in the health and wellness or exercise communities claim coconut oil (highest in saturated fat) is one of the healthiest sources of fat around. And and a high fat, high protein, low carb diet is one way to lose weight. I think even Atkins was a fan of coconut oil and saturated fats.
kallis
Freshman Poster

Post by kallis »

Well I agree with the statement that It is better not to fry food because by frying food it increases cholesterol that causes fat . If you really want to fry food then try to use olive oil that is only oil which overcomes cholesterol level and lose weight loss .
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is it better to eat raw and not fry or heat your food?

Post by Winston »

Wow look how good raw food looks in this brochure. Yum yum. lol. Since Renata sent this to me, I presume that's what she eats. lol

https://s3.amazonaws.com/youngandrawfil ... llenge.pdf

I have a question.If food is better raw and its nutrition is better preserved, then why do raw foodists generally look unhealthy and weak and too pale?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 5:00 am
I have a question.If food is better raw and its nutrition is better preserved, then why do raw foodists generally look unhealthy and weak and too pale?
Probably because they usually don't eat meat or other good protein and fat sources much.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am not sure if eating raw food is really healthy. Opinions are divided. In Japan many people are eating raw fish and it has one of the highest rate of stomach cancer in this world.
luis_vi
Freshman Poster

Post by luis_vi »

Also be careful not to burn your food. Burnt meat is carcinogenic. The odd bit won't do you harm but you want to make sure it's not a regular occurrence.