Are drugs really dangerous? Anyone here use them before?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Winston, did you ever end up trying any of these drugs?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maverick wrote:Winston, did you ever end up trying any of these drugs?
No. Why would I? I don't hang out with druggies anyway.

People have given me pot before and I took a few puffs, but I didn't feel anything positive or negative, or even anything pleasurable. I just felt a little dizzy and full of smoke. I can't understand the addiction or appeal. But then again, I don't understand "normal" people anyway.

Can anyone answer the five questions I asked in my previous post in this thread?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

You know on the subject , what about mescaline? It seems like it is LSD, but with not as many set backs (but more nausea) .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Winston wrote:There's a few things about drugs I don't understand. Can anyone shed light on them?

1. First, if marjijuana is just a plant called cannibis, then why is it classified as a drug? How would a DEA officer justify this classification?

2. Second, it's a common cliche to assume that everyone (or most people) tried smoking pot when they were in high school. Is that true that the majority of people tried pot in high school? How come I didn't get the chance?

3. What I don't get is this: If most people tried pot in high school, then why aren't millions of teens across the USA in jail? Aren't anti-drug laws in the US very strict and severe? How are they able to smoke pot like it's easy to get and easy to get away with? Am I missing something?

Are anti-drug laws with their severe penalties we all hear about only directed at those who sell drugs, and not the millions of teens and young people who try them out?

4. Is it true that marijuana is a "gateway drug" in that once you start on it, you move on to other more dangerous drugs like cocaine and heroine? Or is that just a myth and scare tactic to discourage you from trying it?

5. Is there any real scientific evidence that marijuana harms your brain or body in any way? Is it a conspiracy? Is there such a thing as a person who smokes pot regularly who is also very productive in their life?
The answer to all of these questions is:

Marijuana is not that big of a deal, especially when it is used in moderation. Most people don't view it as such. Alcohol is much worse for you. Unfortunately, there is not a ton of scientific research on it since it's been illegal for so long.

As far as the other drugs, LSD, shrooms, and Ecstasy are not really a big deal either. It's very difficult to overdose on any of these (despite what the media tells you).

The stuff that you have to worry about is basically anything that you have to snort or inject (cocaine, heroin, meth, etc). I wouldn't recommend doing any of these things. The previously mentioned drugs are good for spiritual and social enlightenment when used in moderation.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are drugs really dangerous? Anyone here use them before?

Post by Winston »

How to get stoned without drugs. lol

"Detailing extensive experiments by an Israeli scientist who discovered thousands of "cannabis receptors" in the brain, Sadhguru explains that the human system itself is capable of producing such chemicals on its own. Activating the pineal gland, he says, is a fundamental part of yogic practices, through which one can be "stoned" by his own nature -- without side effects."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne