Are drugs really dangerous? Anyone here use them before?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The only "drug" one should take for a high are beta-endorphins which are produced from working out, running or physical exertion.

Any drug not prescribed by a physician is a menace to your good heath and well-being.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lavezzi,
Mushrooms? What kind of mushrooms are you talking about? You don't mean the mushrooms you get in the supermarket or that are served on a plate of veggies, do you? Where do you get such special mushrooms?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here Joe Rogan of Fear Factor explains why pot is illegal, and argues that no one has ever died from smoking pot, thus it is not dangerous.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:Well when I tried cigarettes and marijuana, I felt nothing at all. Does that mean I'm immune to drugs? If so, does that mean that cocaine, ecstasy and LSD will also have no effect on me? lol

Any of you ever try those things before? What were they like?

What about Ayahuasca? I hear that the Amazonians use it to induce expanded spiritual consciousness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

http://www.ayahuasca.com/

http://www.ayahuasca-info.com/
Graham Hancock talks about Ayahuasca all the time. They have retreats that Americans can go to and legally try it with a group of people somewhere in South America.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Banano wrote:Cocaine expensive???..not if you go to Colombia..5-10 bucks per gram...pure as for 10 bucks,
its awsome feeling, short lived though, it sucke to go to get the line every 30 min or so, i never got addicted..Weed makes me feel tired and you hallucinate, dont know how appealing is that,
All drugs suck in the long term that includes caffeine tobacco n alcohol..if you rely on these external sources to lift your mood to happy/high state consequently you loose your natural ability to achieve happiness/excitment...after period of time you are screwed....control it dnt let it control you..
when they produce drug without ANY side effects ill be the first in line...:)

Do you think its possible?
Yea, people who throw their lives away for drugs I often wondered why they never just moved to where its made. I think a key of cocaine in Colombia is worth a few hundred dollars but by the time it gets to NYC that same key is worth a few thousand, like 13k (+or-).
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

15,000 a kilo is good guy price in Arizona... 45,000 - 50,000 a kilo in NYC is the going price.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Any drug not prescribed by a physician is a menace to your good heath and well-being.
I respectfully disagree CE, and there are so many different types of harmful medications that are prescribed everyday that have ultimately ruined a persons health or killed them I don't even know where to start.

Just do some research and read the message boards for different drugs such as a drug review forum like this: http://www.drugratingz.com/ratings/141/ ... isone.html

Hell, I was reading about this one drug were guys were prescribed medication to stop their balding but the drug messed up their hormones to the point where they can't have an erection anymore and they no longer have a sex drive. They have to now take hormone replacement for life and these guys started a website because they are fighting to get the drug pulled from the market. Here have a look: http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/index.php

"Propecia is one of the medications prescribed for male pattern baldness. However, recently there has been growing concern that use of Propecia may lead to permanent impotence in some men. Propecia is made by Merck & Co."

http://www.bostoninjurylawyerblog.com/2 ... ffs_c.html

This video is sad, look what happened to this man after he took the drug Cipro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2w5Sg03xVw

Two random articles:

From “Scarface� to “Miami Vice,� Florida’s drug problem has been portrayed as the story of a single narcotic: cocaine. But for Floridians, prescription drugs are increasingly a far more lethal habit.

An analysis of autopsies in 2007 released this week by the Florida Medical Examiners Commission found that the rate of deaths caused by prescription drugs was three times the rate of deaths caused by all illicit drugs combined

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/14/us/14florida.html

Drug Related Deaths Set New Records

Complications and deaths connected with prescription medicine has reached a new record, according to reports from the nonprofit Institute for Safe Medication Practices. In the first three months of 2008, the number of reported cases of serious and adverse drug reactions had already exceeded the number of reports from data going back as far as the 1990s. The Food and Drug Administration received 21,000 reports of serious drug reactions, including over 4,800 deaths according to analysis by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices.

http://baxter-heparin.legalview.info/ar ... s/1079201/
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on October 9th, 2011, 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Dogboy86 wrote:15,000 a kilo is good guy price in Arizona... 45,000 - 50,000 a kilo in NYC is the going price.
Yea, that sounds about right..my numbers are outdated... I was thinking 1990s prices.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Dogboy86 wrote:15,000 a kilo is good guy price in Arizona... 45,000 - 50,000 a kilo in NYC is the going price.
Yea, that sounds about right..my numbers are outdated... I was thinking 1990s prices.
Its all good... I work on the interdiction side of things. I totally agree that prescription medication abuse is far more dangerous and wide spread then even the experts can see. Many heroin junkies now start with oxicotin and when that gets to expensive turned to heroin. I wonder why everyone in this country is trying to numb out? Lol
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Doesn't the fact that drug use is so widespread in America, testify to Americans overall being unhappy deep down, and therefore needing an escape?

The thing is, momopi on this forum sometimes makes posts here that insinuate that most Americans are happy and fulfilled, and that only a small minority, such as us, are disgruntled and complaining. If that was true, why do so may need to escape their reality?

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:Doesn't the fact that drug use is so widespread in America, testify to Americans overall being unhappy deep down, and therefore needing an escape?

The thing is, momopi on this forum sometimes makes posts here that insinuate that most Americans are happy and fulfilled, and that only a small minority, such as us, are disgruntled and complaining. If that was true, why do so may need to escape their reality?
Exactly. Children are happy, the ones who aren't spend their time day-dreaming to forget about their situation. When people grow up life becomes even shittier and it's too much to handle. Millions of Americans regularly drink or smoke pot (or do harder drugs). And those that don't are usually pill heads. Drug use shot up like crazy in eastern Europe after the collapse of the USSR. In Korea and Japan they drink heavily and Asians also smoke like chimneys. Why? And why is it Africans and traditional South Americans don't find it necessary to escape their daily reality in this way? It's probably because they don't live a fake, inhuman and unsustainable existence. Why is drug and alcohol use so prevalent in American Indian communities? Because they want to expand their consciousness? Give me a break. Traditional cultures use drugs to expand on their experience. Modern cultures use drugs to escape it.
Winston wrote:Here Joe Rogan of Fear Factor explains why pot is illegal, and argues that no one has ever died from smoking pot, thus it is not dangerous.
It shouldn't be illegal, but it hasn't stopped hundreds of millions of Americans from trying it or smoking it regularly so his point is kind of void. During the hippie movement in the 1960s the CIA shipped it in by the truck load, along with LSD. George Carlin also claimed what Joe Rogan is arguing. There is some truth to it, but it's not the whole story. IMO Ayahuasca is a natural psychedelic, and it won't destroy your brain like a lot of these other choices will so it's hard to argue against it.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Doesn't the fact that drug use is so widespread in America, testify to Americans overall being unhappy deep down, and therefore needing an escape?
Ah, I think the majority of Americans live a life of relative comfort, but not everyone appreciates it. Many recognize the potential competition that may replace them, but few bother to acquire skills that would make them more competitive, or look for greener pastures.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Seems that in most poor, agrarian societies, tobacco use is more common with the men as compared to the US. Also, in places such as India, Pakistan, or Afghanistan, hashish or cannabis, and even opium use seems to be more common in poor villages then in modern, western societies. However, I'd venture to guess that in most of these poorer places, there is a more cohesive sense of community belonging and purpose amongst everyone there, moreso than you would ever see in America. Plus the overall mental health is probably better too, inspite of more widespread use of traditional narcotics.

I won't condone recreational drug use, but i am not offended by tobacco smoking, or the use of marijuana or even tea from coca leaves like that used in some South American countries by indigenous cultures. The very definition of the word "drug" for most Americans has come to refer to something very evil, but ironically it is prescription drugs that are really killing people in the industrial societies. The Establishment utilizes buzzwords like "drug" as a means of manipulating the minds of Americans by using fear. The word "drug" is such a f***ing misnomer in the US that it's insane.

LSD probably has some sort of therapeutic value if it coul be legally regulated, but drugs like MDMA, along with these "bath salt" drugs are, IMO, a means for the zionist government to destroy people's minds and wills to resist, as well as to make these sheep more dependent on the government's prescription drugs in order to function later on in life, after the brain damage has set in.

The fact that all of these designer "bath salt" type drugs and synthetic cannabis incense/poutporri bullshit has all-the-sudden surfaced in recent years, and the fact that this shit is still being sold to the public with impunity, even though the DEA already has their drug Analogue Act created, is proof to me that something very sinister is going on in America. Either this is some big test by the establishment to see how Americans can handle drug abuse, or it's a way of thinning out the population; I really don't know.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's a few things about drugs I don't understand. Can anyone shed light on them?

1. First, if marjijuana is just a plant called cannibis, then why is it classified as a drug? How would a DEA officer justify this classification?

2. Second, it's a common cliche to assume that everyone (or most people) tried smoking pot when they were in high school. Is that true that the majority of people tried pot in high school? How come I didn't get the chance?

3. What I don't get is this: If most people tried pot in high school, then why aren't millions of teens across the USA in jail? Aren't anti-drug laws in the US very strict and severe? How are they able to smoke pot like it's easy to get and easy to get away with? Am I missing something?

Are anti-drug laws with their severe penalties we all hear about only directed at those who sell drugs, and not the millions of teens and young people who try them out?

4. Is it true that marijuana is a "gateway drug" in that once you start on it, you move on to other more dangerous drugs like cocaine and heroine? Or is that just a myth and scare tactic to discourage you from trying it?

5. Is there any real scientific evidence that marijuana harms your brain or body in any way? Is it a conspiracy? Is there such a thing as a person who smokes pot regularly who is also very productive in their life?