Hello my name is Colibri and I'm a Coca-Cola addict

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Hello my name is Colibri and I'm a Coca-Cola addict

Post by colibri »

:cry: i ve been trying to stop drinking it but i just cant, i quit around 2-3 months and start drinkig again n again , when i was lil drinking soda in the house was forbiden wich i think it was ok , i didnt drink soda until i was like 10 n i could go to the store to buy my own :shock: sometimes i even ve breakfast with coke :oops: .

Any idea / advice of how to leave this vicious drink ?
Last edited by colibri on January 7th, 2012, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I know what thats like, I used to be addicted to Mountain Dew.

There's 2 ways you can overcome your Coke addiction, no 12 step program or rehad needed.

Coke Explosion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5mk4gXS ... =fvwp&NR=1

Diet Coke + Mentos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bxOlBBgQ4
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I was also a soda addict once. I stopped and limited my intake of soda by drinking iced tea or bottled water instead. BTW colibri, isn't the coke in Mexico made with real sugar instead of the garbage High Fructose Corn Syrup here in the States?

I know I drank Coca Cola a lot when I was on vacation in Thailand and South Korea and I noticed the huge difference between the coke I tasted over there and the coke I was used drinking back home. It was actually very tasty and refreshing in comparison.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

zboy1 wrote:I was also a soda addict once. I stopped and limited my intake of soda by drinking iced tea or bottled water instead. BTW colibri, isn't the coke in Mexico made with real sugar instead of the garbage High Fructose Corn Syrup here in the States?

I know I drank Coca Cola a lot when I was on vacation in Thailand and South Korea and I noticed the huge difference between the coke I tasted over there and the coke I was used drinking back home. It was actually very tasty and refreshing in comparison.
You are correct: only the US Coke has the HFCS. Abroad it is made with natural sugar, such as here in Europe, where sugar beet sugar is used. Very different taste and it's not so sickeningly sweet (cloying). Yes, Coke costs more abroad, but the price is kept low in the US due in part to the extremely low cost of the HFCS (that's why they use it, health be damned...)
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

zboy1 wrote:I was also a soda addict once. I stopped and limited my intake of soda by drinking iced tea or bottled water instead. BTW colibri, isn't the coke in Mexico made with real sugar instead of the garbage High Fructose Corn Syrup here in the States?

YES ! its ,its made wit hsugar cane :) ! i havent tasted U.S coke though o_o i wish i had one to taste the diference , i think i drank once dr pepper soda but i idnt liked it x__x was too sweet ew.
Last edited by colibri on January 7th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
colibri
Freshman Poster

cheaper?? :0

Post by colibri »

Think Different wrote:

You are correct: only the US Coke has the HFCS. Abroad it is made with natural sugar, such as here in Europe, where sugar beet sugar is used. Very different taste and it's not so sickeningly sweet (cloying). Yes, Coke costs more abroad, but the price is kept low in the US due in part to the extremely low cost of the HFCS (that's why they use it, health be damned...)
IS it cheaper in the US ?
here a 3 Lt coke cost around $25 pesos , the can cost around $6. :P AND the miniglass botles cost $4
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: hello my names is Colibri and im a Coca-Cola addict

Post by Rock »

colibri wrote::cry: i ve been trying to stop drinking it but i just cant, i quit around 2-3 months and start drinkig again n again , when i was lil drinking soda in the house was forbiden wich i think it was ok , i didnt drink soda until i was like 10 n i could go to the store to buy my own :shock: sometimes i even ve breakfast with coke :oops: .

Any idea / advice of how to leave this vicious drink ?
I used to be in the same boat, first with Coke and later with Diet Coke. Then I found out it was reducing my bone density at a high rate so I got scared and did somethings about it. I ordered a great e-book (published by a foreigner in Taiwan) who suggested a gradual process to get off of it.

You gotta understand, the addiction involves lots of elements - the look, the feel, the sound, the smell, the first taste, the after taste, the cold, the fizzy sensation, the caffeine, the sugar, etc. You gotta go step by step. Start with the caffeine by switching to non-caffeinated such as Sprite or 7-Up. After you adjust to that, then you move to something w/out carbonation such as sweet tea or some sort of fruit juice. Eventually you go for something unsweetened and then substitute Stevia for the sugar. Eventually you go for something lukewarm and perhaps reduce the Stevia if yo can. LT goal is to get used to drinking water. Let me know if you are interested in the E-Book and I'll try to dig it up.

I haven't had any coke in over a year and I used to do 10-15 cans a day! Before, I had an account with Coca Cola in Taiwan and they would just ship 20 big cases to my house for a discount whenever I ordered.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Omg... indeed u were and adicct O_O 15 cans !! gee i never drank that much of coke in a day hha
Im doing better now im just drinking coke on the weekends : p ... one can on saturday adn another on sunday u__u ... i think even my teeth are getting brighter :s

THANKS ALOT 4 THE INSPIRATION ! :!: :P :D
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Again, I have said it on this board in one of my posts: even KFC in Thailand is phenomenally better than KFC in America or Canada.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Post by chileanueva »

STOP DRINKING SODA IMMEDIATELY. Soda is poison, it's a sugary death sentence. It causes obesity and diabetes.

All you need is water, milk, and juices. You don't need that carbonated poison.

If you want to be a depressed, fat motherf***er, keep drinking your Coke.

But if you want to be healthy and fit, STOP THAT SHIT YOU FAT f**k.
"Stop talking. Just Do It." - ME

"Treat women like shit because they are lying, manipulating, cheating whores." - ME
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Rock wrote: I used to be in the same boat, first with Coke and later with Diet Coke. Then I found out it was reducing my bone density at a high rate so I got scared and did somethings about it.
Smart man.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

chileanueva wrote:STOP DRINKING SODA IMMEDIATELY. Soda is poison, it's a sugary death sentence. It causes obesity and diabetes.

People have know idea. I'm a car guy and the old school guys showed me how to clean car battery terminals with coke soda.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Think Different wrote:

Yep, it's all true.^^
colibri
Freshman Poster

GOSH

Post by colibri »

chileanueva wrote:STOP DRINKING SODA IMMEDIATELY. Soda is poison, it's a sugary death sentence. It causes obesity and diabetes.

Hahahah i know its poison thats the main reason of why im triying to quit it

2nd , do u really ve to call everyone in this forum FAT f**k '?

HAHA honestly use that energy for something more productive please .

P.S Im a healthy young fit girl , i just want to stop drinking soda beacuse i know it makes a great damage to my tooth enamel, and bones...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In taco stands all over Mexico, people eat healthy tortillas, chicken, pork, tomatoes, and salsa, but always have to wash them down with soda. Coca-Cola is extremely popular in Mexico, along with other products that the Coca-Cola Company sells, such as Sprite, Manzana Lift, toronja/grapefruit-flavored soft drinks, and so on. Pepsi is not very successful in the Mexican market though.

I've noticed that whenever families in Mexico order large quantities of tortillas and carne asada or pollo, they always have to get a big 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola too.

Every time I order something in Mexico, the lady always asks me, "Quieres Coca?" :D

Start drinking horchata and orange juice. Once you get used to more natural-tasting sugar, Coca-Cola should have less of an appeal.