Is it possible to reverse or stop aging?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

What this means is quite profound. It means everything is a process, a trend. It means every state of being on that trend is part of a gradual progression and sequence. It means there is a definable path from one point to the next.

I can change poor into rich by doing specific things that move me in the direction of richness. I can change down to up by moving in the direction of up.

Yes, the first part makes sense. Our physical bodies are experiencing a gradual progression and sequence, a definable path from one point to the next. That path is aging and so far, its inevitable. Here is the definable path:

From birth to early to middle to late adulthood to death, your body goes from health to waste. This happens in over the course of a few decades and is inevitable, even if we can tweak it a bit at the margins.

But the second part, as far as the human body is concerned, and the key point of his philosophy - reversing the aging process - is BS. He implies that we can somehow control the process and chose its direction. We cannot! Has he? What's his excuse for his own aging? This guy sounds like a new age fruit cake. Winston, u really know how to pick gurus.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What happened to martinmay's posts in this thread? Did he delete them? If so, why? That's strange. You'd think he would at least want them up for people to consider.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

This isn't rocket science, guys. You cant reverse aging anymore than you can go back in time. But you can mitigate some of aging's effects. That's all that most of us want to do. Do I really want to be 20 again? No way. Do i want my dick to work like it did at 20? Sure, why not.

What's the key to slowing aging's effects? To quote Groucho, "you're only as old as the women you feel."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote: Do I really want to be 20 again? No way. Do i want my dick to work like it did at 20? Sure, why not.

What's the key to slowing aging's effects? To quote Groucho, "you're only as old as the women you feel."
Why would you rather be an old wrinkled man with a young man's dick if you could have a 20 year old's body and face to go with that dick? And if bodily aging could be reversed in older people, you could retain the experience and wisdom benefits while enjoying an improving body. Why wouldn't you want that?

Your young body and face would attract a lot more younger and much better looking girls to feel too.
Last edited by Rock on January 18th, 2012, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:What happened to martinmay's posts in this thread? Did he delete them? If so, why? That's strange. You'd think he would at least want them up for people to consider.
Perhaps you should remove the function which allows posters to delete past submissions. Once things go up on this forum, they could become locked content over which you would have sole control. Some here might not like that though.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:What happened to martinmay's posts in this thread? Did he delete them? If so, why? That's strange. You'd think he would at least want them up for people to consider.
Perhaps you should remove the function which allows posters to delete past submissions. Once things go up on this forum, they could become locked content over which you would have sole control. Some here might not like that though.
Posters cannot delete their own content. They can only edit them. Only moderators can delete content.

Anyway, I just found out that Repatriate went ahead and deleted 5 members here and their posts, whom he thought were trolls. I guess martinmay was one of them.

I still don't see the difference between angry ranters who just want to argue with each other, and trolls. Is there a difference? I don't keep up with it. But Repatriate says he's a good troll detector and has good judgment in those things.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jupiterjuly wrote: Winston,

Thank you for allowing all my posts to be deleted. Pointing out obvious frauds to help forum members avoid being scammed and mounting a case against anti-semitism and racism are obvious acts of trolling. I completely agree with you that insisting that evidence be used to support medical claims is a trademark of "angry ranters." Clearly no warnings before banning were required and the ban hammer needed to come down hard and fast.

Since that's the case, I am now in the process of removing all references to this forum and the Happier Abroad movement on my personal website; a site that attracts a good deal of traffic each month. Your site and movement are obviously so popular you don't need any free advertising.

This is my last post on this forum and I would like to take a moment to thank some of the helpful posters that inspired me to take the concrete actions necessary to prepare to leave America and emigrate to Asia. I am less than six months away from achieving that goal.

My personal thanks goes to Rock, Grunt, and the memorable Ladislav for their advice, intelligence, and personality.

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure corresponding with you and having the opportunity to learn from your adventures. God bless.
Well I don't read all your posts. But what was going on? Were you involved in any flame wars? Repatriate is really smart. He must have had a good reason.

What is your personal website? I didn't know you linked us from it. Have you shared your site here before? Have we done any link exchanges?

I guess I will tell Repatriate to next time just ban the trolls, and not delete them, lest we lose some good content. Banning can be undone. But deletion can't.

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote: Do I really want to be 20 again? No way. Do i want my dick to work like it did at 20? Sure, why not.

Why would you rather be an old wrinkled man with a young man's dick if you could have a 20 year old's body and face to go with that dick? And if bodily aging could be reversed in older people, you could retain the experience and wisdom benefits while enjoying an improving body. Why wouldn't you want that?

Your young body and face would attract a lot more younger and much better looking girls to feel too.
Because most of us agree (and I thought you were among them) that actually reversing aging is science fiction. But mitigating aging's effects is doable. Issues like diet, exercise, rest, sun or lack of, all fall into the category of mitigating effects, not of reversing aging. The rest of my comments were meant to attempt humor.

Most middle aged or older men I know would not actually want to go back to their teens or 20s. They simply want to feel younger - thus my favorite Groucho quote.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote:
Rock wrote:

Because most of us agree (and I thought you were among them) that actually reversing aging is science fiction. But mitigating aging's effects is doable. Issues like diet, exercise, rest, sun or lack of, all fall into the category of mitigating effects, not of reversing aging. The rest of my comments were meant to attempt humor.

Most middle aged or older men I know would not actually want to go back to their teens or 20s. They simply want to feel younger - thus my favorite Groucho quote.
Well you wrote that you would not like to go back to 20 even if it were possible. I've heard a lot of people say things along those lines and it never made sense to me. Perhaps their interpretation is that they would have to relive their lives as a young and naive person and don't want to go through round 2 of that.

But if it were medically possible to reverse physical aging, and perhaps it will be in the future to some extent, I cannot fathom why anyone would not wanna go for that. Clearly, they would not loose their judgment, wisdom, and other life experience benefits from such a treatment unless their memories were erased as part of the process.

Aging is like a slow acting and progressively degenerative disease. Who in their right mind would not wanna be cured of such a disease. I guess it all boils down to beliefs. If something is labeled natural, then a lot of people just assume it's somehow good and right. Using words like natural and organic allows food sellers to jack-up their prices for many items without complaint from most consumers.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you're a man and you want to feel young just get yourself a young Asian girlfriend!

From what I've seen in Asia and Europe it's sun that makes women look old. So if more Western women carried parasols they might not look like prunes by the age of 50.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:
Rock wrote:

Well you wrote that you would not like to go back to 20 even if it were possible. I've heard a lot of people say things along those lines and it never made sense to me. Perhaps their interpretation is that they would have to relive their lives as a young and naive person and don't want to go through round 2 of that.

But if it were medically possible to reverse physical aging, and perhaps it will be in the future to some extent, I cannot fathom why anyone would not wanna go for that. Clearly, they would not loose their judgment, wisdom, and other life experience benefits from such a treatment unless their memories were erased as part of the process.

Aging is like a slow acting and progressively degenerative disease. Who in their right mind would not wanna be cured of such a disease. I guess it all boils down to beliefs. If something is labeled natural, then a lot of people just assume it's somehow good and right. Using words like natural and organic allows food sellers to jack-up their prices for many items without complaint from most consumers.
One of the advantages or maybe disadvantages of getting older is that I personally have less interest in speculation about the future - a future that will not include me - lol! I use to love to speculate about this stuff but no longer, and I think most of my peers are the same. That and the fact that I watched all the Twilight Zones that warned us of the dangers of messing with Mother Nature.

One can choose to worry about aging or accept that it's part of the deal. Of course, I am sure that there is a big difference between the person at 60 who is in poor health and one who is in great health. I am fortunate in that way in that very little has changed for me over the past 30 years. So I exercise, try to keep the weight down, read and keep the mind active, etc.

And rigorously follow Groucho's advise :)
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote: I'm sure there are ways to slow down the aging process or at least temporarily reverse the effects of premature aging due to bad health habits?

The sure way to slow down aging is:

1. Vigorous to extreme exercise such as sprinting and running.

2. Lifting weights because it increases bone density and stimulates the release of hormones such as HGH.

3. Living a life free of stress so this means no kids and no money worries and hopefully you LOVE your job if you need to work.

4. Get 8-10 hours of quality sleep.

5 Drink plenty of water and green tea year around. Also cut out alcohol out all together.

6. Eat high quality food and grass fed meat.

7. Supplement your diet with vitamin injections, minerals and supplements such as NT Factor that fuels your mitochondria.

8. Oh, and DTB!!! (Dump that BITCH!) For real guys, a nagging BITCH will send you to an early grave!

http://www.ntfactor.com/

http://www.horseprerace.com/injectable- ... -c-28.html

Citations:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17167157

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8819097
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

On the flip side, and not to go off topic, but I remember when I was living in California I knew people who went to Vegas every other weekend; and let me tell you, these people were CRAZY!

They did cocaine, they drunk alcohol like it was water, and they would take pills that enabled them to club hop and stay up for 2-3 days in a row living it up!

I'm telling you, when you live like this, especially in Las Vegas, it will eat you alive and you will age VERY quickly!!!!

One girl in particular I met who lived this way looked about 20 years older then what her numerical age was when she started to hit her early 30's. I remember looking at her current drivers license that had a young picture and within in the years of taking that picture she already looked like an old lady.

On a side note, the people who party and live it up in Las Vegas remind me of the bargirls and people in Bangkok from the reports I hear.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Is it possible to reverse aging?

Rock wrote: Your cells themselves age and are genetically programmed to degenerate after a certain number of divisions.
Yes, they call it 'DNA sequencing errors' if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm sure the natural background radiation also has some influence with this processes as well.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Is it possible to reverse aging?

Rock wrote:
IliganBound wrote:
Winston wrote:I was looking at one of Walt Goodridge's books about reversing the aging process.

http://www.agelessadept.com/

Is that really possible? How does it work? Does it involve complicated treatments?

I remember Deepak Chopra had a book about reversing aging too, but ironically, he didn't seem to age well himself. Funny how that is.

Anyone know anything about this topic?

It's mind boggling how ignorant you are Winston, and the rest of the posters here as well. It makes me wonder where on earth you've been for the last 20 years? Have you ever heard of "Growth Hormone"?

This is what everybody is taking now and you apparently don't even know it. It's just mind boggling to me. Where on earth have you been living?

You can get Jintropin in the Philippines, it's cheap, it's Chinese, and it's used for Anti-aging.....

What else don't you know?

Do you know we never landed on the moon?

Do you know Dinosaurs are a Mason creation?

Do you know that the USA Congress and Senate don't really vote on bills?

Do you know people do not really elect a president? That there is no voting?

Do you know evolution is a mathematical impossibility?

Do you know the entire financial system is controlled by a computer program and doesn't really trade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWgywe- ... ideo_title

It's mind boggling to me what you people don't know, it's like you all are under a spell and you cannot wake up from your nightmare, I truly do feel sorry for all of you, and sorry for myself that I have to live around this kind of ignorance and stupidity.
I've seen people who've been shooting-up HGH every 6 days a week, some for many years. Some also use other well known aging therapies. Guess what? They usually don't look young for their age. The biggest benefit they seem get is that they have an easier time building muscles if they do regular weight training. But many also suffer side effects such as acute joint pain. Sylvester Stallone does the works. Granted, he does look good for his age, but still no younger than late 50s, a modest improvement at best.
+1^

Synthetic HGH is overrated, its too costly as REAL synthetic HGH will set you back about 30k a year, and no matter how HGH is harvested, it can be dangerous.

For example, back in the 80's, HGH was harvested from cadavers and given to children who suffered from muscular dystrophy, but later on these children started suffering from seizures. It became a serious problems and people died.

Now days HGH is harvested from mice and people today don't seem to be experiencing any problems with seizures but they have to worry about the side effects such as enlarged organs.

HGH is NOT worth it and people need to stop promoting it as the ultimate anti aging drug because it's not.

If you want to feel better and improve your body composition go to the doctor and get a scrip for Winstrol, Dianabol or oxandrolone after you get your blood work done. These steroids have been around for a while, they are mild, and extensive data can be found on them.