Is it possible to reverse or stop aging?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to reverse aging?

Post by Winston »

Some public talks by Professor David Sinclair about how genetic science is coming close to being able to REVERSE aging. This is backed up by experiments with mice.

Video Description:

Scientists are close to finding the elixir of youth. New understanding and technology mean we can turn back the clock and live longer. The 2014 Dean’s Lecture features two of the world’s leading researchers in ageing, Professors David Sinclair and Stephen Simpson. Their work promises to enhance health and happiness into old age for individuals and reduce the huge cost burden on health systems currently imposed by aging populations. Excerpt from UNSW Medicine's Deans lecture 2014.

David Andrew Sinclair is an Australian biologist and Professor of Genetics best known for his research on the biology of lifespan extension and driving research towards treating diseases of aging.

Sinclair is Co-Director of the Paul F. Glenn Laboratories for the Biological Mechanisms of Aging at Harvard Medical School. Sinclair obtained a Bachelors of Science (Honours Class I) at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, and received the Australian Commonwealth Prize. In 1995, he received a Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics then worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with Leonard Guarente.
Since 1999 he has been a tenured professor in the Genetics Department of Harvard Medical School.

Sinclair has received over 25 awards including The Australian Commonwealth Prize, A Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship, the Nathan Shock Award, a Leukemia and Lymphoma Fellow, a MERIT Awards from the National Institutes of Health, the Merck Prize, the Arminese Fellowship, the Genzyme Outstanding Achievement in Biomedical Science Award, an Ellison Medical Senior Fellow, the Bio-Innovator award, the Bright Sparks Award for Top Scientists under 40, The Denham Harman Award in Biogerontology, a medal from the Australian Society for Medical Research, and a TIME 100 honoree, TIME magazine's list of the 100 "most influential people in the world" (2014).

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock et all,
Good news for you. Science has discovered that vampirism can reverse aging. It was reported on CNN and Fox News and the mainstream media. See the video clips below. Apparently, laboratory studies with mice show that if you inject young blood or baby blood into older mice, it reverses aging in them. The same is probably true with humans too. If you drink or transfuse young blood or baby blood into you, it keeps you young and reverses aging. Kind of sick, but true. That's probably how the elite and top Hollywood stars stay looking younger than their years. See the video clips below. Even the mainstream media has reported on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOrbG872Mlw

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Try face yoga. Look it up. You might be able to find some free ebooks on it on amazon.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Aleister Crowley, the most infamous black magician and Freemason, was given an Illuminati secret on how to live forever. It's out of this world. What do you think? See below.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock et all,
Good news for you. Science has discovered that vampirism can reverse aging. It was reported on CNN and Fox News and the mainstream media. See the video clips below. Apparently, laboratory studies with mice show that if you inject young blood or baby blood into older mice, it reverses aging in them. The same is probably true with humans too. If you drink or transfuse young blood or baby blood into you, it keeps you young and reverses aging. Kind of sick, but true. That's probably how the elite and top Hollywood stars stay looking younger than their years. See the video clips below. Even the mainstream media has reported on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOrbG872Mlw
Which Hollywood stars look a lot younger than their real age? I would say a significant percentage of them age badly. Even some of the 20 something celebs look pretty beat up. Same question for elites. Which ones truly look much younger than they are? As far as I can tell, it's only gonna be a very small handful of exceptions.

Fox new and mainstream media are about as credible as all those CT videos you and Taco put up.

BTW, if the earth is indeed flat, shouldn't you work on a new Happier Abroad logo. After all, this is a truth seeking website right? You wouldn't wanna mislead people by having a logo that implies a spherical world lol.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Rock wrote:BTW, if the earth is indeed flat, shouldn't you work on a new Happier Abroad logo. After all, this is a truth seeking website right? You wouldn't wanna mislead people by having a logo that implies a spherical world lol.
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hadn't realized :lol: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The trouble is that if a way to reverse aging to any great extent had been discovered we would likely never know about it, since it is exactly the sort of information that would be aggressively suppressed, arguably with good cause.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A friend of mine suggested this for reversing aging on your face. Its free and something you can do yourself and developed by the Japanese:

"If you want to take 10yrs off your face look up Tanaka face massage English and follow the instructions. You need to do it everyday to start noticing the effects and maintain them. I thought face massage is bs but it actually does work. I've been doing it for a few days now and can already tell the difference. It gets rid of saggy and puffy skin as well as tightens it up. You have to do it everyday as a habit cause your face will start reverting back due to age and gravity if you don't keep it up but it's the real deal. Once you know how to do it, it only takes about 5 min out of your day. It's hurts a little at first and makes your fingers sore but you get used to it. Try it out.

Yeah it's self massage just watch the video, it works. It moves the fat down your neck to get eliminated by the lymph nodes I guess. The Japanese lady who developed it is in her 50's or 60's but looks like 30's.

It'll give you back your jawline and probably back to what you had in Russia face wise if you do it everyday correctly. Get good facial lotion too."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are the videos that show you how to do the Japanese Tanaka face massage to make your face look younger. It's also called "Facial Yoga".

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ce+massage

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Here are the videos that show you how to do the Japanese Tanaka face massage to make your face look younger. It's also called "Facial Yoga".

Winston, simple request/challenge for you.

Go through the treatment whatever it is. Then post up random photos of yourself from now and 10 years ago asking us to vote on whether each is current or young (from a decade ago). If your photos can fool us, that means the product really works. If not, it's probably just hype or at best very marginal.

A dramatic improvement in apparent age should be no less than shaving 5-10 years off.

Try it and see whether or not you can fool us.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Here are the videos that show you how to do the Japanese Tanaka face massage to make your face look younger. It's also called "Facial Yoga".

Go through the treatment whatever it is. Then post up random photos of yourself from now and 10 years ago asking us to vote on whether each is current or young (from a decade ago). If your photos can fool us, that means the product really works. If not, it's probably just hype or at best very marginal.

A dramatic improvement in apparent age should be no less than shaving 5-10 years off.

Rock, come on man. Don't be lazy. Why you want me to do all the work while you sit there and judge? lol. Why don't you do those exercises? We all know that I lack discipline to do such things. You have better discipline than me, so why don't you try it out?

Use your common sense here. If these exercises are popular and recommended by experts, especially in Japan, then they are probably effective. Mr S tried them and he said he's noticed some results already.

You don't have to be overly critical about everything you know. :P

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:

Rock, come on man. Don't be lazy. Why you want me to do all the work while you sit there and judge? lol. Why don't you do those exercises? We all know that I lack discipline to do such things. You have better discipline than me, so why don't you try it out?

Use your common sense here. If these exercises are popular and recommended by experts, especially in Japan, then they are probably effective. Mr S tried them and he said he's noticed some results already.

You don't have to be overly critical about everything you know. :P
So-called experts recommend a lot Winston. Many top notch scientists (experts) still claim that the earth is spherical too lol. Don't believe miracle claims so easily until you've done some third party due diligence or tried it awhile yourself and witnessed measurable results.

Mr. S noticing some results already? Does anyone else notice him really looking younger? Can you send me his before and after photos so I can see? Placebo effect is powerful. Looking younger is not about feeling that you look younger. It's about actually appearing younger to others now than you previously did, both in photos and in person. Anything less than that is just fuzzy feel good hype.

Why don't I try it? You're the one who believes it, not me Winston. Remember?

I actually suspect exercises that repeatedly stretch the facial skin in anyway may ultimately cause skin damage, by wearing out elastin and perhaps collagen fibers more quickly. Thus they can actually accelerate skin deterioration and apparent aging.

Consider the faces of people who animate a lot which causes pulling of their facial skin in a lot of directions. Jim Carrey is one who comes to mind. To me, his face has looked beyond it's years for quite awhile. Animators also tend to get heavy forehead wrinkles by their early 30s. And some of them may smooth those lines almost overnight with Botox which actually paralyzes muscle activity for several months.

Perhaps even a rubber band can illustrate my point. Repeatedly stretch a new rubber band and and let it snap back into place. Notice after enough times, the rubber band starts to retract more slowly and eventually ceases to retract at all. What if elastin fibers in your skin are like that too. But stretching it repeatedly, you may ultimately saggy skin which lacks elasticity, something common in elderly people.

I'm not an expert, just applying a bit of common sense before I try something which could cause damage. Show some convincing before and afters of people you actually know then we can have a credible conversation about what this product can do.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Are you aware that these facial massage exercises are FREE, thus theres no profit involved? Nothing is being sold here. Why would these experts lie then?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
Are you aware that these facial massage exercises are FREE, thus theres no profit involved? Nothing is being sold here. Why would these experts lie then?
So let's see the results then. Simple request. Before and afters please. Looking younger is about, looking younger. It's not about feeling younger or making claims that something works.

If anything could reliably take 10 or even 5 years off the faces of a high percentage of those who used it, trust me, it could easily become a multi billion dollar industry.

Even modest skin enhancing products such as Botox (which can also stop muscle twitching or even hand shaking) or Retin A have created huge markets. You can find plenty of compelling before and afters on those products tho neither can probably take as much as 10 years from your apparent look.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
The difference between a rubber band and human skin, is that human skin consists of living cells that replenish, repair, reproduce, etc. Rubber hands don't do that. lol

I don't know if facial massage can damage your skin. You should ask a dermatologist about that. Or google "can facial massage damage your skin?"

Btw, did you see my post and video above about injecting young blood into you to make you younger? The mainstream media is talking about it too. It's probably what the elite do. And experiments with mice have shown that injecting older mice with the blood of younger mice, reverses aging in them.