Health choices of women who come to the USA

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Health choices of women who come to the USA

Post by mehendicant »

I've observed the food choices of several Latinas who came to the USA when they bring lunch to the church or several of us go to someone's house for lunch. They eat white rice and bottled dressing, drink things made with HFCS and artificial colors or flavors, and don't check whether the tortillas have Yellow #5 in them. They give birth in hospitals and bottle-feed. The obvious exception is the health director, who has preached about transgenics and other food topics.

Most of these married men from their own countries, and all are Latin. I know a man (American, I think) who married a Ukrainian, but don't know what they eat. Those of you who have married and brought your wife to the USA (or elsewhere in the Anglosphere), what are your and their health choices?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good topic.

My Mexican gf wants to start selling jars of honey at a weekly outdoor market in a nice white neighborhood near her home. Her Mexican pal, who is teaching her the business, told her she should offer the honey with honeycomb in the jar, and source it locally, because "white people like everything healthy and they always read the labels."

You'd think that people who care so much about their children would learn to do likewise, instead of viewing us whites as a curiosity. Oh well.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Unfortunately, many foreign women that come to the U.S. end up getting fat because of all the processed food and fast food they end up eating when they come to the country. A good book to read about this exact topic is from a French women titled "French women don't get fat," by Mireille Guiliano. She's a French women that came to the U.S. as a teen, and ended up gaining a lot of weight during her stay here in the country. When she moved back to France, her parents were shocked to see how fat she had become. Just by returning to a normal French diet, she ended up losing all the weight she had gained while she was in the United States. The book explains a lot of things including the differences in how French and Americans view their food, the kinds of foods the French and Americans eat, and why obesity is such an epidemic in the United States.

You can buy her book here at amazon.com:

Here's her personal website for those interested: http://mireilleguiliano.com/