Declining testesterone with age

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Declining testesterone with age

Post by Banano »

Wow, by the age of 30 testesterone level drops by 25%, by 40 its reduced by 50%
At 50 you are shadow of your former self,limp and slow

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Weight training can help delay the decline to some extent. I'm in my late 30s and still as fit and strong as ever.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Just eat beef jerky and drink goats blood everyday. You'll definitely feel like a man.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

40yo man reporting in. Still feel as alpha as ever, this chart must only apply to beta males.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I think this chart is a bit misleading. Individuals vary so much from the averages for a given age. Some young guys have very low blood serum testosterone levels and some older guys have high ones. Moreover, its very easy to supplement those levels through various means - natural creams applied daily or HCG which stimulates bodies natural function for example.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Rock wrote:I think this chart is a bit misleading. Individuals vary so much from the averages for a given age. Some young guys have very low blood serum testosterone levels and some older guys have high ones. Moreover, its very easy to supplement those levels through various means - natural creams applied daily or HCG which stimulates bodies natural function for example.
Exactly. Not to worry guys, there are plenty of options to make low test a non issue.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

And keep in mind that low testosterone does not necessarily mean low libido.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

what about the hype with zinc at roosh forum?

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-15255.html
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

In addition to weight training, aerobic or cardio training also assists.

The biggest thing I have found to help in the sexual realm is DHEA. You don't want to take more than 12 milligrams in a day long term, but they tend to sell it over the counter for 25 milligrams.

I'm in my late 40's and it permits me to recover so I can have sex more often and with stronger performance. DHEA should not be taken by anyone under 40 years old without a doctors oversight.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Getting a hot wife or gf 20 years your junior does wonders too!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

A major problem now at 62. I recently failed to get wood with a hot gf 28 years younger, whom I really liked. Very embarrassing, and I weaseled out of the relationship as a consequence. There's a lot of cancer in my family, so I don't want to screw around with hormone replacement. Appreciate any and all suggestions. I already lift, as much as tendonitis permits, but could definitely try to do more exercise that gets circulation flowing.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:In addition to weight training, aerobic or cardio training also assists.

The biggest thing I have found to help in the sexual realm is DHEA. You don't want to take more than 12 milligrams in a day long term, but they tend to sell it over the counter for 25 milligrams.

I'm in my late 40's and it permits me to recover so I can have sex more often and with stronger performance. DHEA should not be taken by anyone under 40 years old without a doctors oversight.
Strength

Evidence is inconclusive in regards to the effect of DHEA on strength in the elderly.[10]

In middle-aged men, no statistically significant effect of DHEA supplementation on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels was found in a randomized placebo-controlled trial.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydroepiandrosterone

anyway i am to much of a chicken to use hormones. i am still struggling with taking kreatin in turkey as i don´t know the quality....
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:In addition to weight training, aerobic or cardio training also assists.

Does DHEA help improve your mood and energy as well?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I recommend weight training for all men, especially if you are older. For as little as 45 minutes, 3 days a week, you can build muscle mass. Weight training is highly time efficient. I am currently at my ideal weight, at about 15 percent body fat, and have no problems even though I am older. I stay away from drugs, especially something like a steroid.