Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Should you take testosterone pills (like Progene)?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should you take testosterone pills like Progene?

Post by Winston » October 17th, 2018, 10:57 am

This doctor named Dr. Joel Wallach - a veterinarian and nutritionist - who advocates a paleo type diet and claims that what conventional doctors tell us about nutrition is all wrong, says here in this speech below that if you eat lots of eggs (uncooked) per day, you will maintain a high testosterone and sex drive and stay healthy. He says that high cholesterol is a myth and that cholesterol is connected to high testosterone and is thus a good thing, not something to lower. What do you think? Is he right?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Re: Should you take testosterone pills like Progene?

Post by MrMan » October 17th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Someone gave me an audio tape of this guy, Dr. Wallach, many years ago, promoting some kind of water that went through a mineral-filled underground petrified water. He used the long life expectancy of people who ate mineral laden glacial water in the mountains as an example of how healthy this was.

He also mentioned improving arthritus with knox gelatin and ulcers with pepto bismal and vitamin E. Supposedly the stomach treatment is what they use for pigs. The idea is that veterinarians give nutrician to animals to prevent diseases, and that's how they make money. Medical doctors make money by letting people get severe arthritus and doing hip replacement surgery. I don't suppose it is an intentional thing on the part of most doctors, but the incentives and system is set up that way. Many doctors do not give much thought to nutritional cures because of their training. Surgeons are trained to cut stuff out so that is how they treat problems.

A lot of stuff he says is quite compelling. I wish I could have the links to the journals he is talking about.

It does seem like he's got one perspective on all diseases. This disease--mineral deficiency. That disease-- mineral deficiency.

I saw a YouTube video a while back that says our soils are not depleted when compared to earlier in the century. Rather, there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which causes the plants to be a lot bigger. They fill up with carbs as a reaction to the carbon dioxide, and are therefore less mineral dense. We may end up having to eat more food to get the same minerals.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should you take testosterone pills (like Progene)?

Post by Winston » October 22nd, 2018, 4:33 am

MrMan,
I agree. I think Dr. Wallach is partially right and his claims contain some partial truth. But his message is a bit suspect and naive when he tries to say that all disease is from nutrition deficiency. Reality isn't like that. It isn't that simple. In life we all know that things have multiple causes and factors, not all due to one thing. This is common sense. People who try to attribute everything to "one thing" or a simple fix usually have something to sell and are oversimplifying reality.

But it's probably true that nutrition is very important and can keep you from getting sick, and that doctors don't know much about it because the medical industry doesn't want people to be healthy, otherwise it would cut into their drug profits. That part is definitely true. But Wallach makes outrageous claims in taking advantage of corruption in the healthcare industry.

Also, his products are being sold by an MLM company called Youngevity, so his products will be more expensive than they should be. Because MLM products have to be overpriced in order to pay all the commissions to the uplines and downlines in the pyramid. Amway and Market America work that way too, that's why their products cost so much. This isn't good, because it means poor people can't afford them.

So it's a bit unethical to make it expensive and put a price on health just to keep an MLM operation going. It's also sort of a self-contradiction too, because Wallach's message is that eliminating diseases should be cheap if it's all due to mineral deficiencies. But if being disease-free should be natural and low cost like he claims, then why is he inflating his "mighty 90" products just to fund an MLM operation? So he has two businesses - the MLM operation and the sale of his mineral packages. This makes him too commercial and shady, even though he is a great public speaker.

Also he shoots himself in the foot when he claims that baldness can be cured by minerals too, because he himself is bald and is unable to cure himself of baldness. So that discredits him and is his achilles heel.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne