Low Testosterone - What to do? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tongkat ali, an herb, is supposed to naturally boost testosterone. I forgot the other names for the herb, but I remember the Malayu word.

I'd have tried it in Indonesia just to be doing if the ingredients didn't include animal semen on the packages I found. If I could have gotten a bundle and boiled it for tea, I might have experimented. I have never really needed the stuff but it might be good for adding muscle.

If I'd have taken it back then, pity my poor wife who'd have to deal with more. :)
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Best thing to do is to see a doctor and go from there. A good doctor who knows what he's talking about. A lot of doctors know less than they think they do.
Let's get together and feel alright.
AnnTBryant
Freshman Poster

Re: Should you take testosterone pills like Progene?

Post by AnnTBryant »

Winston wrote:Do any of you take testosterone pills? If so, do they help?

Check out this one called Progene that I saw advertised on TV:

http://www.progene.com

It's available in stores like Costco too.

http://www.costco.com/Progene%C2%AE-All ... 16900.html

How do you know what your testosterone level is? Is there a home test kit you can get without going to the doctor?
Testo Rush RX can be quite a health and fitness technique, produced as well as natural herbal remedies and essential vitamin supplements, to supply exceptional resources of energy commonly. The majority web sites in connection with Testo Rush Rx can not learn outdoors true method to obtain materials accessible in taking that approach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testo Rush RX Reviews | Testo Rush RX supplement | Testo Rush RX free trial
herrywilkins
Freshman Poster

Post by herrywilkins »

I recommend you low Testosterone Treatment for this mens senior health issue.
joshthyer
Freshman Poster

Post by joshthyer »

No, I would never take something like this at least not without my doctors express permission. I have been taking natural testosterone boosters for a while now which are mostly made up of herbs and vitamins and they have been making me feel great. I have recorded my journey over at http://www.besttestosteroneboosterguide.com/ if you are interested.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have a question. If you have to urinate a lot, does that mean you have prostrate problems? Are prostrate problems related to low testosterone? I heard that as you age, it's normal to have to urinate more frequently. Is that true?

How often is normal? Sometimes I can go several hours, but sometimes I have to urinate every hour. Even at night while asleep I have to wake up to urinate, which is a pain and means that I dream of urinating, but after I do in a dream, I still feel the urge, so eventually I realize I'm in a dream and wake up to urinate in reality. But sometimes those dreams will keep repeating until I wake up. It's annoying.

Do any of you have this problem too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Yes the prostate enlarges as you get older - but you are not that old yet. What you probably have is chronic prostatitis, an irritation of the prostate which is relatively benign. I'm afraid the best way to deal with it is to drink nothing but water for a month or so.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:Yes the prostate enlarges as you get older - but you are not that old yet. What you probably have is chronic prostatitis, an irritation of the prostate which is relatively benign. I'm afraid the best way to deal with it is to drink nothing but water for a month or so.
Is that related to testosterone though? What is prostate exactly and where is it located? Is it the testicles? Does enlarged prostate mean enlarged testicles too?

The ads for that Progene thing I mentioned earlier said that Progene would help with this problem so you don't have to keep going to the bathroom. Is that true? Why would the prostate keep sucking fluids out of your body to dehydrate you? What for?

Wouldn't drinking water make it worse since the more you drink the more you have to urinate?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

:::::::: Winston raises his hand ::::::::

I have a question everyone. What's the difference between testosterone and prostate? How are they related?

I have testosterone tablets now, they don't contain testosterone, but they contain herbs to stimulate the production of testosterone. I also see that there are tablets for "prostate health" as well. Are they the same thing? What's the difference? Which one will help with frequent urination?

I also take cranberry tablets. They are supposed to help with your bladder. I find that they reduce frequent urination. I don't know if that's related to the bladder. But you can also drink cranberry juice too, though it usually contains sugar. So if you urinate too much, you can try cranberry supplement tablets or juice too. They seem to help.

Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by Blue Murder »

Are your mentally handicapped? If you take hormones artificially, you will lose the ability to produce it naturally. Not a good situation. Lift some weights, change your diet, anything but pills.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote:
El_Caudillo wrote:Yes the prostate enlarges as you get older - but you are not that old yet. What you probably have is chronic prostatitis, an irritation of the prostate which is relatively benign. I'm afraid the best way to deal with it is to drink nothing but water for a month or so.
What is prostate exactly and where is it located? Is it the testicles? Does enlarged prostate mean enlarged testicles too?
Damn. You can't find Google on your computer?
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Citizen »

Blue Murder wrote:Are your mentally handicapped? If you take hormones artificially, you will lose the ability to produce it naturally. Not a good situation. Lift some weights, change your diet, anything but pills.
So that supposed myth of the muscle bound guys who stop taking steroids becoming fat is actually true. Eunuchs had their dicks and balls cut off, right? They were fat.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Winston wrote::::::::: Winston raises his hand ::::::::

I have a question everyone. What's the difference between testosterone and prostate? How are they related?

I have testosterone tablets now, they don't contain testosterone, but they contain herbs to stimulate the production of testosterone. I also see that there are tablets for "prostate health" as well. Are they the same thing? What's the difference? Which one will help with frequent urination?

I also take cranberry tablets. They are supposed to help with your bladder. I find that they reduce frequent urination. I don't know if that's related to the bladder. But you can also drink cranberry juice too, though it usually contains sugar. So if you urinate too much, you can try cranberry supplement tablets or juice too. They seem to help.
Your herbal pills likely won't do a whole lot. Some work, some don't. Some do depending on the person's problem, ie, someone can have low leutenizing hormone (hormone from the pituitary to signal the testes to produce testosterone...) and some herbs can stimulate that for example, but if the testes are damaged in some manner, or there's not enough base material (pregnenolone) for testosterone production, then it won't do anything. Honestly the only herbal testosterone booster I feel that actually works, and is really cheap, is garlic.

Prostate issues. Your problem is high estrogen and DHT if you have prostate problems. Prostate is the seminal fluid sack located, well, under your anus. You're like 50-60 years old and should know anatomy. But anyway, if you got prostate enlargment going on, odds are it's due to high estrogen and DHT. The standard treatment is anti-androgens, but this is sort of a wrong treatment, as prostate cancer is aggrevated by androgens (testosterone and derivatives) but all estrogen originally comes from androgens, just your amount of estrogen you produce is based on your amount of fat cells, your diet (mostly amount of fat, again) and then genetic and epigenetic factors. So you might be producing an OK amount of testosterone, and it's all turning to estrogen.

So what does the body do now? Testosterone's cousin, basically, is DHT, dihydrotestosterone. DHT is responsible for more "manly" characteristics, and if you have no DHT, you'll end up basically hermaphroditic (there's a genetic disorder in the Dominican Republic where a few males grow up with no DHT conversion...) The problem is the DHT causes a lot more problems than testosterone, as it's basically stronger, and more associated with aggression, sexual behavior, and for health issues, balding and prostate issues. What happens in your body is, once estrogen gets high, it makes more DHT to compensate for having less testosterone. So estrogen in general is associated with more cancer, and this synergistic combination of estrogen and DHT is what causes the prostate issues.

For treatment, most doctors give an anti-androgen, to stop DHT conversion, and for more advanced cases, shut down testosterone production entirely, and don't touch the estrogen problem, where that's usually the root case. So basically, unless you want no testosterone in the future, I recommend changing your diet and losing some weight to help get rid of some fat and stop the estrogenic conversion. There's a few herbal treatments you can use, I'd think nettle root is the best, it's relatively mild in stopping DHT conversion, and increases free testosterone and reduces estrogen a bit. There's saw palmetto, but that's much more aggressive in stopping DHT conversion. But if you've got an enlarged prostate, this should be a wakeup call to fix some things up.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ive been taking the herbal testosterone pills and they do make me feel stronger with more energy. I feel like i have more fuel in my muscles. So maybe they do work. But you are supposed to combine them with exercise.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you all think of this? The TV ads claim it will help with frequent urination. But the website says nothing about it.

http://www.progene.com/about_progene/about_progene
As you age, testosterone production is known to drop by 1-2% each year. It's a natural process in men that can lead to decreased physical performace and lower energy levels.
If your you're feeling less drive and motivation, lower energy levels, less results at the gym or even lower sexual interest, Progene's unique dual action formula might be able to help you get back what you've lost.
Testosterone, it's what makes a man, a Man!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPu76wyVc0[/youtube]

Low Testosterone Quiz

http://www.progene.com/low_t/do_i_have_low_t

Testosterone Mail In Test Kit you can order online

http://www.progene.com/testosterone_test/progene_labs