Nigeria Restaurant Selling Human Meat Dishes

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've eaten Nigerian food before but with a much lower protein content.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nigeria-restau ... ed-1435500
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

So when the neighbors said they'd "like to have you over for lunch, sometime", they really meant ... :shock: :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Does anyone know the correct way to prepare human meat? Come the collapse when most people are starving, all the fat women in the West might finally have some productive use. For example, what is the correct way to slaughter them? For any animal, there seems to be one optimal way. With goats you cut the throat and break the neck from side to side. With pigs you stick them, which is to say stab them in the heart. How about fat women? I'm presuming the pig method. And how does one prepare the meat so as not to in turn succumb to all the diseases their foul bodies are riddled with or OD on antidepressants with the first bite?
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster

Post by Anthropolonerd »

Cornfed wrote:Does anyone know the correct way to prepare human meat? Come the collapse when most people are starving, all the fat women in the West might finally have some productive use. For example, what is the correct way to slaughter them? For any animal, there seems to be one optimal way. With goats you cut the throat and break the neck from side to side. With pigs you stick them, which is to say stab them in the heart. How about fat women? I'm presuming the pig method. And how does one prepare the meat so as not to in turn succumb to all the diseases their foul bodies are riddled with or OD on antidepressants with the first bite?
So have you looked into seeking help yet, like I suggested?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:Does anyone know the correct way to prepare human meat? Come the collapse when most people are starving, all the fat women in the West might finally have some productive use. For example, what is the correct way to slaughter them? For any animal, there seems to be one optimal way. With goats you cut the throat and break the neck from side to side. With pigs you stick them, which is to say stab them in the heart. How about fat women? I'm presuming the pig method. And how does one prepare the meat so as not to in turn succumb to all the diseases their foul bodies are riddled with or OD on antidepressants with the first bite?
Human meat supposedly tastes like bad pork. With that in mind, the fat is something you would just cut away, as pork fat is mostly tasteless and has a horrid texture. Boiling would likely be the best method of preparing human meat if you were looking at both the most practical and most sterile method. Vegans are where it's at- all natural, grass fed, cage free vegans.

All hypotheticals aside, I don't think I'd ever go so far as to eat people. If things reached that point, life probably isn't much worth living anyway.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:Human meat supposedly tastes like bad pork. With that in mind, the fat is something you would just cut away, as pork fat is mostly tasteless and has a horrid texture. Boiling would likely be the best method of preparing human meat if you were looking at both the most practical and most sterile method.
A long time ago I remember reading an account of some guy who interviewed an old Maori man around the turn of the last century. He said that "long pork" was the most excellent meat around, although apparently when eating a man only the limbs are particularly palatable. With women and children the whole body is succulent. I'm not sure why. As to cutting off the fat, I don't know what you are talking about. I love fatty pork, and fatty meat is exactly what you would want in a survival situation. Indeed, cutting them up and boiling them is likely to be the way to go. You could presumably eat the skin, thus saving you the trouble of skinning them, and as they usually would have helpfully removed their body hair, this would save you the trouble of singeing or scraping them.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote:Human meat supposedly tastes like bad pork. With that in mind, the fat is something you would just cut away, as pork fat is mostly tasteless and has a horrid texture. Boiling would likely be the best method of preparing human meat if you were looking at both the most practical and most sterile method.
A long time ago I remember reading an account of some guy who interviewed an old Maori man around the turn of the last century. He said that "long pork" was the most excellent meat around, although apparently when eating a man only the limbs are particularly palatable. With women and children the whole body is succulent. I'm not sure why. As to cutting off the fat, I don't know what you are talking about. I love fatty pork, and fatty meat is exactly what you would want in a survival situation. Indeed, cutting them up and boiling them is likely to be the way to go. You could presumably eat the skin, thus saving you the trouble of skinning them, and as they usually would have helpfully removed their body hair, this would save you the trouble of singeing or scraping them.
Most human fat is not integrated into tissue in a similar way to, say, a pork chop. It sits on top of the tissue in thick layers more like pork shoulder. The fat on pork shoulder is pretty damn disgusting IMO, it is flavorless and thick. I usually scrape it off, personally, and make pulled pork of the meaty, relatively fat free layer. Though, in a survival situation, you're right, you'd just want to eat that shit, gross as it is.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:Most human fat is not integrated into tissue in a similar way to, say, a pork chop. It sits on top of the tissue in thick layers more like pork shoulder. The fat on pork shoulder is pretty damn disgusting IMO, it is flavorless and thick. I usually scrape it off, personally, and make pulled pork of the meaty, relatively fat free layer. Though, in a survival situation, you're right, you'd just want to eat that shit, gross as it is.
Each to his own, although it is probably the lack of fatty integration that makes the torsos of men less palatable than those of women and children, where I believe the fat is more integrated. Incidentally, this topic reminds me of a funny story explaining why George H W Bush vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister at that banquet years ago. Bush was a torpedo bomber pilot during the war and was apparently shot down near a Japanese held island where the small garrison was literally starving to death, since the Americans were preventing any supplies from getting through. Because of this, they would eat any American pilots they captured, and since they had no means of storing the meat they would keep the prisoner alive while cutting off one limb at a time. They sent out a boat to pick up Bush, but at the last second an American submarine surfaced, forcing them to beat a hasty retreat. At the banquet an old Japanese man apparently said to Bush "Oh hey I remember you during the war; I was in that boat sent out to pick you up..." causing Bush to react in the way he did.