Oh no! I might have an ulcer. How to stop it?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Oh no! I might have an ulcer. How to stop it?

Post by Winston »

My stools have been dark lately and I feel a sensation of something "running" inside my stomach. It could be blood running from an ulcer.

Is there a way to stop an ulcer, without going to the hospital and spending thousands of dollars? America sucks for things like this.

This has happened before, and usually it goes away and the stools return to normal.

In Russia, people joke that drinking vodka can seal an ulcer shut with heat. Is that true, or just a joke?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
FinallyLeaving
Freshman Poster

Re: Oh no! I might have an ulcer. How to stop it?

Post by FinallyLeaving »

Winston wrote:My stools have been dark lately and I feel a sensation of something "running" inside my stomach. It could be blood running from an ulcer.

Is there a way to stop an ulcer, without going to the hospital and spending thousands of dollars? America sucks for things like this.

This has happened before, and usually it goes away and the stools return to normal.

In Russia, people joke that drinking vodka can seal an ulcer shut with heat. Is that true, or just a joke?

Switch to eating nothing but healthy food, like from Whole Foods, vegetables, fruits, quality organic meat and fish, oatmeal, nuts, just quality food that grows from the ground, or what is called God's Food that he created to eat, if you eat only that food then your ulcer will go away along with many other things.

I know it's hard to get started, but if you ever make the "decision" (to cut off from any other possibility) then you'll do it.

Maybe start slow at first, and start getting more accustomed to eating the right food, and then you'll really start getting healthy from the inside out.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ulcers are a life threatening condition. I used to have one, I simply stopped the medication that was causing it and it went away. Stop drinking and stop eating sugar.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do you know if it's an ulcer though? My stools are dark, but is that enough evidence of one?

I was hospitalized in 1999 and 2000 for ulcers, but they were serious and bleeding badly. They gave me antibiotics to stop the bacteria that caused it.

But I think stress and stomach acid causes it too.

I've already taken Zantac and Tums to reduce the acid, and Pepto Bismol to coat and soothe the stomach lining.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:How do you know if it's an ulcer though? My stools are dark, but is that enough evidence of one?

I was hospitalized in 1999 and 2000 for ulcers, but they were serious and bleeding badly. They gave me antibiotics to stop the bacteria that caused it.

But I think stress and stomach acid causes it too.

I've already taken Zantac and Tums to reduce the acid, and Pepto Bismol to coat and soothe the stomach lining.
My symptoms were stomach pain, vertigo and vomiting.

Milk is supposed to be good for ulcers since it has a neutral pH. Also, caffeine makes it worse so stop drinking coffee and eating chocolate.
RollingStone
Freshman Poster

Post by RollingStone »

Get it checked out - they must be able to see the ulcer in a ultra-sound or something...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do dark stools necessarily mean you have an ulcer? Are there any other reasons for dark stools?

Maybe I eat too many vegetables and salads. lol

My stools today were like dark green. Almost black, but could be dark green too.

I've been eating only soft foods and liquids, such as yogurt, oatmeal, fruits and salad, to take it light on the stomach.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I have dark crap all the time, it's mainly due to eating a lot of green foods and healthy multigrains that actually have nutrients in them. I also drink a lot of wheatgrass which does that too. Unless you're in serious pain or like that I wouldn't worry about it.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston if it continues, I would recommend you see a doctor. Do you have any health insurance now? Under Obama Care, if you didn't get health insurance by March 31 of this year, you will be penalized by paying a fee on your taxes next year.

Don't wait until it get's worse, hopefully it will clear up and you won't have to go the doctor.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Winston if it continues, I would recommend you see a doctor. Do you have any health insurance now? Under Obama Care, if you didn't get health insurance by March 31 of this year, you will be penalized by paying a fee on your taxes next year.

Don't wait until it get's worse, hopefully it will clear up and you won't have to go the doctor.
I have health insurance in Taiwan. I am going there soon. I was supposed to be there in January. I'm not even supposed to be here. Time goes by too f***ing fast!!!

How do people get Obamacare? And how do you tell the local Obamacare office that you don't need it because you live overseas or have healthcare abroad? Anyone research this?

I'm not sure if I have an ulcer or not. Dark stools can mean a number of things. It's hard to see if there is blood in them or not.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Winston if it continues, I would recommend you see a doctor. Do you have any health insurance now? Under Obama Care, if you didn't get health insurance by March 31 of this year, you will be penalized by paying a fee on your taxes next year.

I have health insurance in Taiwan. I am going there soon. I was supposed to be there in January. I'm not even supposed to be here. Time goes by too f***ing fast!!!

How do people get Obamacare? And how do you tell the local Obamacare office that you don't need it because you live overseas or have healthcare abroad? Anyone research this?

I'm not sure if I have an ulcer or not. Dark stools can mean a number of things. It's hard to see if there is blood in them or not.
You'll find out when the IRS comes after you for money or make you pay a fine for not having proper coverage when you do 2014 taxes next year. Technically you have to prove to them that you have some kind of qualified approved insurance if you stay longer than 30 days in the states and you're a citizen. IRS is the one that supposedly enforces the law cause it was recognized as a tax by the courts.

I would avoid Obama care insurance cause its just a scam in the greater scheme of things. Plus its a paperwork nightmare and they also store all your personal info forever once you give it to them.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't even file taxes though. I never have time to. Everything in my life is backed up by years. I can't get to anything.

What are other expats doing about Obamacare?

What about tourists in America? They don't need it right?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Technically if you're a dual citizen you're supposed to file American taxes. If the IRS ever decides to go after you or audit you then you may be in deep financial shit someday. But since you haven't been doing them anyways I guess you might as well not bother and see if you can stay lucky each year with the IRS not knowing about you as long as you don't start making hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, then it becomes noticeable to them. However with America becoming more of a stazi police state every year I don't know how much longer you can get away with not filing taxes, especially when the USA is broke and passing all kinds of new laws to find people like you.

You're supposed to have insurance if you live in the states more than 30 days, so if you are an expat and visit less than 30 days in USA you don't need insurance from an approved company. I don't think your Taiwan insurance counts under Obamacare unless it covers medical stuff in the states too. Technically you're supposed to be covered with something now from the beginning of January or your violating the law and would have to be penalized by the IRS in next years taxes.

Your not a tourist cause you have American citizenship, if you get rid of your American citizenship then you might be considered a tourist. BTW, technically if you stay in a country more than 90 days you really aren't a tourist anymore, your a semi resident or something similar to that.

Not doing your taxes may bite you in the ass in future years, especially if your parents leave you their wealth when they die. especially the American houses they own and other assets. The IRS will notice that then they will ask why you never filed taxes in the past and then the song and dance will begin...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well you don't have to file taxes unless you make over $24,000 right? Not everyone has to file them.

The IRS doesn't notice you unless you make a certain amount. They don't go after hippies. In the news, you only hear about rich movie stars that have trouble with the IRS. You don't hear about hippies getting in trouble with them. lol

Even if I did owe the IRS money, it's only a little and not enough for them to care about.

I think Taiwan healthcare covers emergencies here. I'm not supposed to be here anyway. I'm only here cause of Murphy's Law. It's not part of my grand plan.

Many laws aren't really enforced. They are just there to scare people into compliance. Probably millions of Americans aren't covered by Obamacare.

What are other expats doing about Obamacare? What are you doing about it Mr S? Did you contact Obamacare to tell them that you are living in the Philippines? How did you exempt yourself?

I've asked this many times already.

Is there an office to contact Obamacare and ask them?

Mr S, come on now. I already have too much shit on my plate and am in a rush to get out of here. Momopi keeps asking why I don't book a plane ticket out of here. Should I tell him that I have to add "filing my taxes" to my list now too? When will it end? I've already taken care of HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of things. I'm not in the mood to add more problems to my to do list. How can I get anything done with neverending problems and tasks to do?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I've already told you in the two previous posts that if you don't live in America over 30 days then you don't need insurance in the states. If you choose not to file taxes in 2015 then don't worry about it cause there is no proof you had or didn't have it since you aren't visiting any doctor's or hospitals for anything and hopefully by next year you will not be in the USA anymore.

Why are you having a hissy fit over simple advice? I'm not bending your arm to force you to do anything. If you don't want to file taxes I don't care I'm just saying that it may cause you issues in the future if you have to declare assets because you inherited them from your parents after they are deceased.

It's like your blaming me for putting additional thoughts into your head after you've already asked for advice. These thoughts can be ignored or acted upon based on your choices in life not mine.