How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Post by Adama »

So all you need to do is conduct a study for two weeks and whatever conclusion they reach after this short period of time must be the correct one? Sounds like a bunch of bunk to me. It certain could be that after 12 weeks or so, the metabolism readjusts and the people start to gain fat.

It also could be that the obese people have broken their hormonal system by overeating, rather than overeating being a result of their hormones alone. In other words, maybe their eating pushed the limit higher due to their prolong practice of overeating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this video below by Dr. Eric Berg about burning fat. He sounds very knowledgeable and credible. He says its all about controlling your insulin and hormones, not counting calories which is a myth. He presents a list of scientific reasons why insulin resistance is the true cause of obesity and pot bellies. Its very mind blowing.

He recommends drinking wheat grass powder to help correct the problem. Should i try it?

Rock you drank wheat grass before. Did it help you? Do you still drink it?

He also says the reason Europeans are thinner is because their farm soil is still rich with nutrients whereas Americas farm soil is badly lacking in nutrients.

Check him out below. He looks great and healthy for his age. Great speaker too. He looks like Rock. Lol

Description:

Dr. Berg in this presentation walks you through step by step how to burn fat using a unique formula. It's all about improving insulin resistance. This is a condition whereby insulin does not go into the cells triggering excessive amounts of insulin to be generated. In the presence of insulin, all fat burning gets shut down.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni5-3x6ofjc[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dr. Berg talks about the fastest way to lose weight. It all boils down to aligning your diet to triggering Growth Hormone (GH) and using intermittent fasting but making sure you do not snack or eat any sugar as well. If you start with 3 meals with no snacking, then rotate in 3 days to 2 meals, then 1 1/2 meals (green shake), you can get your body into fat burning very fast.

The fastest way to lose weight!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=553HaQEYCrA[/youtube]

Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional and natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government and the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning, published by KB Publishing in January 2011. Dr. Berg trains chiropractors, physicians and allied healthcare practitioners in his methods, and to date he has trained over 2,500 healthcare professionals. He has been an active member of the Endocrinology Society, and has worked as a past part-time adjunct professor at Howard University.

http://www.drberg.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow! This is the BEST video about burning fat ive ever seen! This nutritional coach and doctor is so smart!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7pmUmyzTk[/youtube]

Description:

Dr. Berg talks about how to lose belly fat and weight loss. Fat burning is a big problem because of so many myths and misconceptions about belly fat burn. There are two major fuel sources that the body uses - stored sugar and fat. The Fat burning hormones trigger the fat in the body which is then absorbed by the fat enzymes and release ketones (which is an efficient source of energy). Fat making hormones trigger the storage of sugar and convert sugar into fat. Most people are burning sugar which then converts to glucose and not burning fat.

In the next part of the video, Dr. Berg discusses about the single most important factor that determines whether a person burn belly fat or sugar. Insulin (hormone) is the single control factor. Insulin even in a smaller amount can stop burn belly fat. Sugar (or Insulin) has to be zero in order to burn fat fast. Ketosis is the healthiest fat burning foods for the heart, brain. For Ketosis, Carbohydrates has to be 5-10%, Proteins should be 25%, Fats should be 65-80% in a daily diet.

Ketosis should ALWAYS be done with ALL the facts, and knowing how to handle anything that comes up. In my NEW Body Type System, we will give you that understanding. It's vital to understand the nutrition that needs to be kept in balance, the fluid amounts, the amounts of carbs, fats and proteins, and the types of these macronutrients with regards to your body type.

**Made 1 math mistake on the eggs. The correct answer is this: 1 egg yolk is 138 grams of cholesterol and it would take 14 1/2 egg yolks to equal the amount of cholesterol your body makes in one day.

In this video, you'll learn the two types of fuel (glucose and ketones). Ketosis is the breakdown of fat. Ketones are more efficient than glucose and puts out more energy. Insulin must be kept to close to zero. Dietary fat must be raised considerable.

Here are some studies that show how safe this diet is:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pd ... 5-5-36.pdf

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ ... sease.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My weight is down to 83 kg now. Wow. Im taking this thing for fatty liver called ursolic, which was prescribed by a doctor here in Taiwan. It helps burn fat too. So im losing weight. Perhaps my green coffee supplements are helping too.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:My weight is down to 83 kg now. Wow. Im taking this thing for fatty liver called ursolic, which was prescribed by a doctor here in Taiwan. It helps burn fat too. So im losing weight. Perhaps my green coffee supplements are helping too.
You can try MX3 its available OTC at any pharmacy in the Philippines. It speeds up your metabolism but will make you hungry.

MX3
http://www.mx3.ph/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I have been through this many times, it all comes down to making permanent life style changes with diet and exercise.

I cannot stay with it but when I do the fat comes right off, as we age we slow down and this is a lot of the problem so you have to stay moving.....

You don't and should not be taking all kinds of fat burmer supplements all the time, lifestyle changes are key once you lose the weight and keeping muscle mass up to burn fat...

Actually Winston looks pretty good considering his age....
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:I have been through this many times, it all comes down to making permanent life style changes with diet and exercise.

I cannot stay with it but when I do the fat comes right off, as we age we slow down and this is a lot of the problem so you have to stay moving.....

You don't and should not be taking all kinds of fat burmer supplements all the time, lifestyle changes are key once you lose the weight and keeping muscle mass up to burn fat...

Actually Winston looks pretty good considering his age....
Literally the only time I've ever agreed with you
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Moretorque wrote: and this is a lot of the problem so you have to stay moving.....
Not every one is as lucky as you moretorque, after going to the ass doctor and being able to 'lose' eight pounds on every 'movement'. Keep it up :wink:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

droid wrote:
Moretorque wrote: and this is a lot of the problem so you have to stay moving.....
Not every one is as lucky as you moretorque, after going to the ass doctor and being able to 'lose' eight pounds on every 'movement'. Keep it up :wink:
At least I can take a dump, you on the other hand will never experience such joy of sitting on the can then push :roll: :oops: .
Time to Hide!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Visceral fat (belly fat under your ab muscles) should disappear quickly with vigorous exercise.

Combine cardio (running / swimming) with resistance training (weightlifting) and you should be good to go.

I run nearly everyday and now have a BMI of 20. Feeling strong and fresh everyday.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm
He also says the reason Europeans are thinner is because their farm soil is still rich with nutrients whereas Americas farm soil is badly lacking in nutrients.

Check him out below. He looks great and healthy for his age. Great speaker too. He looks like Rock. Lol
This doesn't make sense to me. Would more nutritious soil really make people thinner? Europeans tend to be against GMOs. I suspect the weight difference may have something to do with Americans eating a lot of processed foods. I had some French students. They learn to eat quality, balanced meals and eat their vegetables from a young age. Americans shove burgers in their faces. People in the cities ride trains and have to walk a long way from the train to their offices.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you think of this guy's advice?
Subject: How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!
Winston wrote:Wtf is going on? The last 2 weeks ive been eating nothing but soup and salad, very healthy, yet my pot belly is still big and refuses to shrink! Wtf? Impossible! In theory i should have lost significant weight by now. This is illogical. Its as if my body refuses to lose weight and has a mind of its own, as if my fat wants to live! Where is my pot belly getting the energy from to maintain itself? Why belly fat so stubborn, like it has a mind of its own? Are some people just meant to be fat, like its destiny? Pot belly is so unattractive! Its ruining my love life! Does anyone have a logical explanation?!?!
You should see about getting your hormones tested. You've probably got low testosterone by now, maybe hypothyroid as well (though low testosterone kind of mimics hypothyroid at times symptomatically...) Note, the "normal range" for testosterone is 300-1200, with some docs going as low as 250 or 200 (absolutely dumb.) That's a big range. In the 1950s when they first started testing it, the lowest minimum was 400ng/dl. Generally a healthy 20-30 year old will be in the 500-700 range, with a free testosterone over 100pg/ml, and estradiol (estrogen) between 20-30 pg/ml. Right now lots of environmental stuff is wreaking havoc with test levels, thus the lowering of the "normal range." Get some labs done and see what your levels look like, maybe test thyroid, vitamins, etc, if you can as well.

This stuff is no joke, and not everyone really wants to get tested as if you find out you're low you can feel afront to your masculinity, etc, but it's crucial to get this stuff tested out, especially at your age. Docs in USA tend to be basically retarded about this, I told my doctor I was having problems with my energy levels, motivation, and blood sugar, and gaining weight easily even with a lot of physical activity (10 hours a week.) She suggested anti-depressants, which is pretty stupid. Anyway, I'm not personally on testosterone, just on 25mg DHEA and 100mg pregnenolone per week, which are prohormones to testosterone, and I feel a lot better. Obviously I don't feel great and cheery all the time, but I have a lot more energy and motivation to get things done. Dieting is a lot easier.

Overseas generally testosterone and anabolic steroids are relatively easy to find and are OTC, but in USA they're Schedule III like amphetamines/etc, which is dumb. So if you don't have money for tests, I mean, you could self medicate with them and see how you feel. One thing testosterone does it is acts like male birth control, it shuts down your testes, so that's part of the reason I myself am not taking it, as I don't want to be sterile, but if you're old and want no more children, this isn't much of an issue, though it may be advised to take a low dose of pregnenolone and DHEA if you can to replace what your testes are not making anymore.

Another thing that may be your case is high estrogen, the more bodyfat you have, and to some extent the higher fat in your diet, the more your body converts testosterone to estrogen via aromatase. So it kind of creates a vicious cycle. So if you get a lab result back of say, 300ng/dl testosterone, and a high estrogen number like 60, then taking an anti-aromatase drug like letrozole or aromasin might be the best course of action, as this will stop the conversion of estrogen, and you'll likely lose at least water weight, and your 300 might go up to 600 or 700 with just that. There's a few other options like SERMs (clomiphine and nolvadex) and HCG, but these are more for preserving fertility, and I don't think you're concerned with having more children. I would say if you have high estrogen, to not take testosterone without an aromatase inhibitor, as it will make your estrogen even higher, and you'll get gyno (man breasts) and other side effects.

In Asia you can buy a few more anabolic steroids as well, like nandrolone, which helps immune function and helps joints, stanozolol (DHT derivative), and Proviron, another DHT derivative. Personally I want to try Proviron, as studies say it actually increases sperm count and testosterone, which seems ideal, but it being a DHT derivative might lead to baldness.

You might be a bit freaked out at suggesting anabolic steroids, but used in their medical dosages, they're fairly safe, and have a much better safety profile compared to... Prozac, haha. Just the difference between a medical dose of these drugs and what's used for bodybuilding is a lot. A normal medical dose of testosterone for example is about 100mg per week. Bodybuilders use generally over 1 gram per week, sometimes 2-3 with other drugs, then people hear of the side effects. Well yeah, they took 10x the medically recommended dose. But getting yourself up to the ideal range for these hormones isn't going to hurt you.

I tell you this as I had problems myself personally, I just turned 25 and my testosterone level was only 400, which is the average level of a 70 year old man and was the bottom 5% of my age group. http://elitemensguide.com/testosterone-levels-by-age/ I work out a lot, do a sport, lift weights, etc, but nothing could ever get me "ripped" looking, I felt lethargic and unmotivated a lot of the time, couldn't sleep well, etc. So now a lot of those problems are a lot better. This is not to say you shouldn't exercise or make other lifestyle changes, and you likely do need to, but if your hormones are messed up, you're gonna be basically driving with the e-brake on.

I've not gone on this forum much, how are things, and how are you? I have a girlfriend in Vietnam now I'm working on seeing soon, and I found out about what I told regarding this (testosterone) as well. So yeah. Hope everything is going well,

Best wishes,
Joe

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Don't worry about your potbelly. Just enjoy your life. Many men have potbellies and enjoy their life and have women who love them for the way they are. It's too hard a battle to fight.