How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Post by Shemp »

Rock wrote:
El_Caudillo wrote:It's motivation, what if I told you if you dropped 10kgs you'd get a hot girlfriend? Then you'd be into it. Find your motivation Winston. Good luck.
He'd prolly question the credibility of that statement by asking why you too don't have a hot gf even tho you don't have pot belly nor weight problem lol.
It IS questionable logic. Lots of lean muscular guys with no girlfriend...

The proper motivation for losing weight is bodily and mental health. This is way more important than a girlfriend, especially for someone willing to go P4P and so who doesn't need a true girlfriend.

Fat people are usually deeply unhappy inside, though they often cover up this unhappiness with a bubbly exterior. When they get diabetes and other serious health problems, they become even more unhappy. From your description of him wheezing on the way up a hill, Winston is on the road to some serious illnesses and then early death.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Sure being thinner is no guarantee of getting a girlfriend. But, if Winston thought it was and so began to work out, do you think he'd be upset when he became finally thin and learned the hard truth? Probably he would be. However, he'd be better off anyway.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Drink dry white wine. Nothing with sugar in it. Some cheese is ok.
Last edited by Voyager1 on September 8th, 2016, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Another good idea is to buy a cheap exercycle for home i did this in china and it helped. Btw what has become of our fearless leader, perhapa he has gone into meditative retreat?
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, you need to lift weights, go jogging or play sports. Eating a healthy diet isn't enough for you, since you're an obese person.

Walking everyday is also not enough for you Winston. I've lifted weights since high school, but for a while in my twenties and thirties, I stopped exercising and got a bit fat. I've been doing weight lifting and jogging for the past year, and I feel great now.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There's lots of Youtubers who have exercise/weight lifting regimes that you can follow.

I like Bodybuilding.com on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo

James Grage, The Muscle Geek is good as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesGrage

Athlean-X: http://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24

I liked watching Mike Chang, too, before he sold his SixPackShortcuts site to another person.

Here's a video to motivate you to start lifting weights:

Jessie Shand--The Incredible Shrinking Man
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svuSIYQu74[/youtube]
YourTrustedAdvisor
Freshman Poster

Post by YourTrustedAdvisor »

Hey Winston! How's it going?

Here's how to lose weight:

1) eat less
2) eat healthy
3) exercise some

I absolutely, positively, 100% guarantee you, you WILL lose weight!

Take care buddy! :D

- YourTrustedAdvisor
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I think his physic is very handsome just the way it is!............ :wink:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You guys are missing something. There's something not right here. It doesn't add up. This is not about dieting and exercising. If it were, how come a billion people in China are thin yet they don't go to a gym and they eat decent portions? How come Ethan_sg eats the same portions as me, and he drinks lots of beer too, yet he is still very slim? He doesn't go to the gym. Come on guys. You are so shallow and superficial.

Obviously, there is something OUT OF BALANCE here in my body. Otherwise, how do you account for the above? I have a theory but you guys aren't going to like it. Perhaps only Starchild5 will appreciate my theory. My theory is that my soul and my body don't match, hence throwing something out of balance or out of whack. For example, I have a European soul in an Asian body. Maybe the energies aren't compatible, so it causes my system to be unstable and out of harmony, hence the unnatural weight gain with no logical reason or cause. If I was an Asian soul in an Asian body, like most Asians are, then I'd be slim like most Asians are. But I'm not. How else can you explain this?

It's just a theory but I think it makes sense and is possible. Remember that truth is often stranger than fiction and often does no follow linear logic. Sometimes the universe is stranger than you CAN imagine, not just stranger than you can imagine. So don't expect or assume that everything has to conform to linear simple logic, like most guys do, which is their common trap. Just consider this possibility.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some advice from my dad:

"Here are the solutions that should help you reduce your body fad and give you more energy and sleep better:

1) develop a healthy sleep pattern, sleep by 11 pm. Use melatonin to help you adjust.

2) eat slowly by chewing more. When you chew more, you will slower and feeling full with smaller intake. Every food you eat your body has to digest. When your body has no time to digest, the food will store in your body and turn them into fad.

3) exercise your belly by sit up and push up to reduce fad and turn them into muscles.

4) exercise your neck and jaw muscles thru tightening your jaw and tong.

5) refrain from sugar added drinks. Sugar will turn into fad and store in your body when your body can't digest them.

6) take testosterone tablets to boost your male energy and turn your body fad into muscles. I bought one from Costco for you.

You know all these but you just too lazy to do them. Now it is time. You can't afford to postpone then any longer."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Some advice from my dad:

"Here are the solutions that should help you reduce your body fad and give you more energy and sleep better:

1) develop a healthy sleep pattern, sleep by 11 pm. Use melatonin to help you adjust.

2) eat slowly by chewing more. When you chew more, you will slower and feeling full with smaller intake. Every food you eat your body has to digest. When your body has no time to digest, the food will store in your body and turn them into fad.

3) exercise your belly by sit up and push up to reduce fad and turn them into muscles.

4) exercise your neck and jaw muscles thru tightening your jaw and tong.

5) refrain from sugar added drinks. Sugar will turn into fad and store in your body when your body can't digest them.

6) take testosterone tablets to boost your male energy and turn your body fad into muscles. I bought one from Costco for you.

You know all these but you just too lazy to do them. Now it is time. You can't afford to postpone then any longer."
1. You probably have sleep apnea. If so, that means your sleep is not very refreshing and you are slowly damaging your heart. How can you get quality rest when over half your time in sleep, you are not breathing??? Hope you remember your appointment at sleep diagnostic center tomorrow evening in Taipei. If you miss it, there may not be another slot for many weeks. By the way, I don't really like taking melatonin longer term because it suppresses the body's natural production of it. I noticed after using it for a few weeks, it lost its effectiveness as a sleep aid for me.

2. Fancy way of saying to eat less lol.

3. Fat does not turn into muscle. Fat cells in your body expand and shrink depending on a lot of factors. When you get fat, your fat cells have have become much bigger. Muscle tissue is separate and can be built up with higher intensity exercises, getting enough protein, and perhaps testosterone replacement therapy if your levels are too low.

4. Doubt that will do much if anything.

5. Yes, avoid sugar and processed foods as much as possible.

6. Testosterone tablets are bad for your liver. Much better to use dreams/gels or injections of natural versions. Perhaps you will need other meds before if you convert too much testosterone to estrogen. You first need to get your baseline testosterone and estrogen levels tested as well as prostate and other critical levels (the ones doctors like to measure before possibly putting you on such therapy). If you just randomly swallow T pills, you are being rather reckless, both because of damage it does to your liver and because you are not tailoring your therapy to your specific situation which needs to be first measured.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:Have you been drinking your iced tea with sugar? Some drinks in Taiwan are incredibly sweet. Cut them out, there are plenty of no sugar options. Also cut down on rice - try replacing it with beans if you are cooking at home. Many buffet places in Taiwan have that red rice which is better for you than white rice.

Walking on the flat just isn't high intensity enough for losing weight, are there some mountains around Chiayi you can go to twice a week or so? I think Taiwan is not a bad place to get into shape, can't comment when it comes to Angeles city.
Yes but almost all drinks in taiwan are sweet. 30 million Taiwanese drink sweet drinks. Yet they are thin. How do you explain that?

I eat red rice. But rice is benign and isnt that fattening. One bowl of rice a day isnt bad.

Ive only eaten one meal the last two months. And few snacks. Yet my weight is the same.

I told you, something is out of whack in my body. Such simple explanations dont explain why 1 billion people in china are thin yet they do not go to gyms or eat bird sized portions. Lol

This kind of logic is like PUA logic in that it is trying to focus on little things you can control in order to control larger things that seem uncontrollable. Its not usually that simple. Men like to think that everything is controllable. But many things are not.

I cant go jogging in hot humid climates. Heat and humidity makes me feel weak. I could jog ok before when i lived in Bellingham, Washington. There the air is cold and fresh and cools off my sweat easily. So i dont mind sweating and jogging. Cold air replenishes my energy easily. Just like redwood trees do. But hot humid air in SE asia and taiwan makes me lose energy and doesnt replenish it. Thats why i feel stronger and more energetic in colder climates like in England or Russia or the Pacific northwest USA. I told you all this many times in the past. Asian climates make me wilt. I hate sweating in such bad air. And i dont breathe well either. Cold fresh air recharges my breathe and energy. I dont get that here.

How can i exercise in chiayi? The vibe here is very poisonous to me, like kryptonite. I cant even go to the supermarket without feeling drained and weakened and depressed. Seriously. To me, energy is everything. Im deep and soulful and sensitive.

Like i said something is out of whack here. Not sure if its possible to find out what. Some aspects of reality are invisible or unseen.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Yes. That is true...but it goes much much deeper..

When a new soul, walkIn, star-seed tries to find a body on earth to take birth that would be of least resistance to his purpose on earth BUT it may not be compatible with overall Physical health perspective at all. Hence, You chose the most fit body for your Soul Purpose

This being FIT/GOOD LOOKING all the time is largely a western civilization thingy but your purpose really is not to be a model or being fit. If you wanted that, you would have got that. Lower Species aka humans are obsessed with Body Shape ....take a look at tall grey Skinny Bob named by the shadow government who interacted with them...They do not have perfect body, they are lean..

Credot Mutwa African Shaman Reptilian below

Most Aliens species are out of shape. The reason is TIME TRAVEL. Higher Species have out of shape bodies for time travel and lucid dreaming etc. You can read many books on it..I would recommend Co-Evolution by Alec Newald.

When you are asleep, you get connected to your species and you download information etc, your astral body time travels to higher dimensions etc...Your so called "Out of Shape body" really is the KEY for your existence as the way it is, that is why no matter what you do, it does not change.

I know how all these sounds like to sheeps aka most in this forum :lol: ...What I'm smoking bro, did i forget my meds lines of thought, but we really are nothing infront of species out there...which lives for 1000s of years in an out of shape body and visited 1000s of planets in different galaxies which we can only dream off...SO WITH THAT INFORMATION..What would you Choose...Space travel with out of body shape or perfect body and being stuck on earth :D

The game really is much bigger than having a fit body to sleep with as many women as possible. :P

You still are healthy and won't have any chronic, life threatening diseases guaranteed, because ...Your current body serves a purpose. We see many MMA, bodybuilders die suddenly etc, many people of good diet etc just wither away....It won't happen in your case as you are protected by higher beings. You won't know this otherwise, your mission on earth will be compromised, because human body can only take so much, if given lot of information...we will just explode with confusion.

---------------------

Now the downside to it is ....Due to incompatibility of soul and body equation not being perfect ......The darker, lower dimensional beings can posses your body and suck your energy..That is why a psychic told you in Taiwan that you are possessed, that is the downside of it all.

Which can now over-complicate things as an out of shape body becomes even more whak'ier due to ghost, entities feeding off of your spiritual energy as its more purer to them than others.

All Indian gods when they take birth on earth had out of shape bodies. No gods had six packs ever :lol: ..All the gurus I have met not the fake ones like Ralph Smart :lol: has imperfect body because of their interdimensional connection.

All you have to really do is..JUST BE OPPOSITE OF WHAT AMERICA IS. America represent all that is NOT GOD.

The higher dimensional beings can create perfect looking 9 packs body for you when your mission is done on earth, but even then they are not God. Hence, lot of anomalies and suffering on earth for new arrivals as there are even higher darker beings out there and lighter ones too...Its a war out there...

Its not as simple as people here make out to be as you mentioned...
Last edited by starchild5 on September 8th, 2016, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

retiredfrank wrote:The way to lose weight is simple: eat less. There are no fat people in concentration camps.

The real issue is controlling appetite when eating less. Willpower is NOT the answer, at least not the whole answer. You have to work with the body's hunger mechanisms rather than trying to resist them head-on.

For most people, the first place to begin is a 7 to 14 day water fast. This will result in only a small amount of fat loss. The true purpose of water fasting is to reset the metabolism and, most importantly, break bad psychological habits, often referred to as "fatty mentality". If you are hungry while fasting, then continue the fast until the hunger goes away. Normally it goes away after 3 or 4 days. In healthy people, hunger disappears immediately. Hunger normally returns after a month or more of water fasting for someone who is overweight.

After concluding the water fast, go low-carb/low-fat/low-calorie/high-protein, eating once a day, with refeeds of excess calories (from lean meat or fish) every few days to push up the metabolism. Once the excess weight is lost, you can back off from the low carb diet to something more sustainable.

Exercise has little to do with weight loss. Sometimes it helps marginally, though exercise can also cause increased appetite and this sabotage weight loss efforts.

Water fasting beyond 14 days needs to be under a doctor's supervision. But do read the inspiring tale of the famous 382 day fast (not entirely water only, however): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
When you say "7 to 14 day water fast" do you mean eating nothing and only drinking water for 7 to 14 days? Come on man. No doctor would recommend that. Not even a nutritionist would. Most people would starve after one day of not eating. Most people I know get antsy and restless and irritable if they skip a meal. They cannot tolerate it. Yet you suggest 7 days? Wtf? Eating nothing and only drinking water is extreme, and possibly dangerous too. Some could collapse from it. What people suggest is a juice fast to gradually adjust your body to non solid foods. But a water fast is too extreme. Most cannot even skip one meal without feeling pain and suffering. So that's not realistic. Come on. Have you tried eating nothing for 7 days? lol

Can you show me any credible medical or health website that recommends a 7 day water fast with no food at all? lol

How can I eat a low carb/high protein diet? I'm a vegetarian. I'd have to eat eggs and beans all day. Almost all food has wheat in it nowadays and wheat is carbs. The book "Wheat Belly" by William Davis claims that wheat is very toxic and the real cause of obesity in America. You agree?

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:The way to lose weight is simple: eat less. There are no fat people in concentration camps.

The real issue is controlling appetite when eating less. Willpower is NOT the answer, at least not the whole answer. You have to work with the body's hunger mechanisms rather than trying to resist them head-on.

For most people, the first place to begin is a 7 to 14 day water fast. This will result in only a small amount of fat loss. The true purpose of water fasting is to reset the metabolism and, most importantly, break bad psychological habits, often referred to as "fatty mentality". If you are hungry while fasting, then continue the fast until the hunger goes away. Normally it goes away after 3 or 4 days. In healthy people, hunger disappears immediately. Hunger normally returns after a month or more of water fasting for someone who is overweight.

After concluding the water fast, go low-carb/low-fat/low-calorie/high-protein, eating once a day, with refeeds of excess calories (from lean meat or fish) every few days to push up the metabolism. Once the excess weight is lost, you can back off from the low carb diet to something more sustainable.

Exercise has little to do with weight loss. Sometimes it helps marginally, though exercise can also cause increased appetite and this sabotage weight loss efforts.

Water fasting beyond 14 days needs to be under a doctor's supervision. But do read the inspiring tale of the famous 382 day fast (not entirely water only, however): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
When you say "7 to 14 day water fast" do you mean eating nothing and only drinking water for 7 to 14 days? Come on man. No doctor would recommend that. Not even a nutritionist would. Most people would starve after one day of not eating. Most people I know get antsy and restless and irritable if they skip a meal. They cannot tolerate it. Yet you suggest 7 days? Wtf? Eating nothing and only drinking water is extreme, and possibly dangerous too. Some could collapse from it. What people suggest is a juice fast to gradually adjust your body to non solid foods. But a water fast is too extreme. Most cannot even skip one meal without feeling pain and suffering. So that's not realistic. Come on. Have you tried eating nothing for 7 days? lol

Can you show me any credible medical or health website that recommends a 7 day water fast with no food at all? lol

How can I eat a low carb/high protein diet? I'm a vegetarian. I'd have to eat eggs and beans all day. Almost all food has wheat in it nowadays and wheat is carbs. The book "Wheat Belly" by William Davis claims that wheat is very toxic and the real cause of obesity in America. You agree?
I did a 7 day water fast just this past July. No big deal, and I'm lean and don't have huge amounts of fat reserves like you. For me, the purpose of an annual water fast is preventive health, giving the body a chance to scavenge pre-cancerous cells. For you, the main purpose is to clear your mind of fatty thinking, like what you've written above (the fast will also fix your metabolism so you don't get hungry after missing a single meal).

Fatties love to discuss alternative diets, because that just means substituting too much of one type of food (or juice) for too much of some other food. Fatties are terrified of the water fast precisely because it forces them to address their addiction to eating.

I mean well for you Winston. There are some people who can be fat and healthy. But from Rock's description, you are not one of them. You need to lose weight.