Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Post by onethousandknives »

To me the hypothesis that makes most sense regarding hair loss is calcification. This would explain why some people with high DHT/androgen levels don't have any hair loss, and why some with low levels have tons of hair loss. The reason DHT and androgens cause hair loss isn't inherent to androgens themselves killing the hair follicle. What it is is androgens cause more calcium uptake in all tissues, thus why testosterone is needed for bone health. But the problem is with too much soft tissue calcification, you calcify your blood vessels, then can get a heart attack. So to some extent, the calcium fortified foods/etc can be quite bad, as it's excess calcium to calcify the tissues after a certain point. The other thing seems to be the magnesium, vitamin K2, etc, ratios, to again, prevent calcification. I think the bigger thing too and why we see hair loss so prevalently in USA is actually fluoride, again, causing calcification issues, also that fluoride causes hypothyroidism, and hypothyroidism causes hair loss as well.

That said, I take nettle root to boost free testosterone, and it seems to help for that, but I do notice a bit less hair shedding. Not that I've gone bald or anything, but I've finally at 25 developed a widow's peak, haha. So nettle root I think is a real option as well for something to take that likely won't mess you up like finasteride/etc. The PFS stories make it sound scary as hell.

Honestly, the Vick's Vapor rub of even something like capsaicin cream seems like a good idea, in that it would in fact get blood flow to the area. I will try to remember that a few years down the line.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Halwick wrote:
June 29th, 2014, 10:34 pm
Mr S wrote:I happened to come across this website which states basically by rubbing your fingernails everyday for a certain amount of time that somehow it stimulates your hair to regrow and thicken as well. When combined with diet and proper hair topicals (recommends Aloe Vera) he says its a low to no cost solution for hair regrowth. I'm wondering if this is potentially true or if it is more mind over matter type thing happening. The guy's website and info is free so maybe there is something to it.

I figured I'd share the website link for those men who have thinning hair issues. I haven't tried this yet on a consistent basis but I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference. I have some thinning hair in the crown area so if this works I would be amazed.

I'm sensing if it is true that maybe over stimulating the nail's will trick the brain into overproducing growth of nails and hair, thinking maybe there is a need for it due to some external situation so the brain over stimulates whatever causes hair and nails to grow.

http://www.hairgyan.com/index.php/faq

I'll post results in a few weeks if I notice anything growing. If anyone else tries it let us know if it worked for them or not.
Hope the hair regrows where it's supposed to be. Would look funny if not only the nails grow but hair grows on the hand as well :lol:

I once met a man who told me he used to be bald and found a inexpensive OTC solution: He applied Vicks VaporRub on his scalp and massaged it in with a toothbrush. Claims his hair grew back within a month. Haven't tried it, but I've used VaporRub for cough suppression and applied it (as directed) on the chest. Maybe that's why I have a hairy chest. :lol:
That's quite possible as I've hear some theories (papers in medical journals) that dermal fungus can be a cause of hair loss. The essential oils in Vics (thyme, eucalyptus, cedar, and nutmeg last time I checked) are decent anti-fungals. Using Nizoral shampoo or something might have the same effect.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
manisthajain
Freshman Poster

Post by manisthajain »

In recent years hair thinning is increased to many folds both in men and women. When we saw our parents they are having good hair even up to the age of 40 -45 but now hair thinning and hair loss is the problem associated with the young age also and in both sex. What may be the cause?

Modern lifestyle and stress associated with it cause hormonal imbalance which damages hair. This also leads to various other health-related problems. Nutritional deficiency also plays its role in hair thinning.

Effective step to reduce thinning hair

a) Reduce Stress
b) Healthy Diet
c) Take Supplements
d) Use Ph balanced Shampoo
e) Avoid Gels and Styling Tools
f) Gentle Massage Increase Blood Flow
g) Correction of Hormonal Imbalance
h) FDA Approved Treatment
Sleepy1980
Freshman Poster

Post by Sleepy1980 »

Mr S wrote:
January 1st, 2017, 9:41 am
You don't need to do this everyday just 2-3 times a week is sufficient. If you're already seriously bald I doubt this will reawaken dead hair follicles, this is more for those going through a gradual thinning process. If for some reason a seriously bald person gives it a try and it works, let us know!

I don't want to use artificial chemicals on my head as it's not a permanent solution and is expensive over the long run. This is a historical known way to revive and nourish the hair. If you need further proof, do a search on the internet for more info.
I agree with you. Castor oil after months of usage made my hair look thicker, so now I'm looking less bald :) Though after reading articles like this I'm thinking about shampoos with castor oil already in it. Tired of diluting the pure oil and rubbing it in my head. Any bits of advice on that?