The History of Breakfast Cereal in America

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The History of Breakfast Cereal in America

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting video talking about the history of Cap'N Crunch cereal which was introduced in 1963.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The History of Breakfast Cereal in America

Post by jamesbond »

This video explains why Count Chocula and Franken Berry were created by General Mills back in 1971.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The other monster cereals are discussed here in this video including one of my all time favorite cereals, Boo Berry. These cereals were developed by General Mills in 1973.

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Man do I love cereal, I know there's some cons like high sugar levels or what not.
But sitting in front of it and hearing the milk crackle its way into the cereal... mhhh
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

droid wrote:Man do I love cereal, I know there's some cons like high sugar levels or what not.
But sitting in front of it and hearing the milk crackle its way into the cereal... mhhh
All that sugar will just gum your circuits up.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Trix was introduced by General Mills in 1955. It was the first ever 'fruit flavored' cereal in America. The commercials have the famous phrase, "Silly rabbit, Trix are kids." :D

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Lucky Charms debuted nationally on St. Patrick's day in 1964.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Fruity Pebbles and Coco Pebbles was introduced by Post cereal in 1971. The Flintstones were used as the mascot for the cereal because at that time the Flintstones where very popular.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Corn Pops was introduced by Kelloggs in 1951.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The best U.S. cereal of all-time is Sun Country. It's now obsolete. :-/
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

While looking for pics of Sun Country cereal, I ran into yet another set of cloned bearded hipsters with sleeeeves
There's really no escaping from these &$@!&%&$^#*^s

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Golden Crisp was introduced by Post cereal in 1948.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Cocoa Puffs was introduced by General Mills in 1958.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

One of Kellogg's most popular cereals is Frosted Flakes, which was introduced in 1951.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Froot Loops was introduced by Kelloggs in 1963.