Doctors Kill More People Than Guns Do

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Doctors Kill More People Than Guns Do

Post by Taco »

Presented with no comment.

Doctors Kill 23 Times More People Than Guns Kill
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/05/doctors ... z48VD0DEjx
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
aileensiddiqui
Freshman Poster

Re: Doctors Kill More People Than Guns Do

Post by aileensiddiqui »

Nope, you are wrong
They save as many people as they can, They are not GODs they can't save everyone but inspite they do their best to save people
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

aileensiddiqui wrote:Nope, you are wrong
They save as many people as they can, They are not GODs they can't save everyone but inspite they do their best to save people
But guns save people too. They protect those who would otherwise be in danger, if they did not exist. For example the Military. They are the first line of defense so another nation cannot just come in and murder people as they please.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Nomad wrote:
aileensiddiqui wrote: For example the Military.
Yes but I don't hear anyone suggesting that the military have their guns outlawed so that's an absurd comparison. And so is comparing doctors or auto accidents or other ridiculous things. The difference is that doctors (or autos etc) are not primarily designed to kill people as most handguns or assault type weapons are.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

At least half of what your doctor tells you is a lie. Here's a good example.

People With High Levels of 'Bad Cholesterol' Actually Live Longer Than Those With Low Levels
http://preventdisease.com/news/16/06271 ... nger.shtml
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Taco wrote:At least half of what your doctor tells you is a lie. Here's a good example.

People With High Levels of 'Bad Cholesterol' Actually Live Longer Than Those With Low Levels
Torres the author of that article is an idiot who is writing for a website that is willing to publish just about anything without bothering with checking on it.

Here is an example of another article of his being ripped apart by someone who actually does understand science.

http://skeptophilia.blogspot.ca/2014/09 ... hobia.html

But hey, keep getting your medical information from people like that, at least you will be edgy and cool like a hipster, most people don't know any better anyway.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

BTW guns don't kill people. Nuh uh. Jon Lajoie kills people, with guns.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Taco wrote:At least half of what your doctor tells you is a lie. Here's a good example.

Exactly. Except for trauma, there should really be little reason to visit a doctor. The medical industry is owned by the pharmaceutical corporation and the Rockafellers. Doctors only know what they are told. There is little doctors can do outside of what they are told to do without being held liable by the industry. They call this the standard of practice. But also, if they screw up, well you signed that consent form, oh well too bad.
doc·tor
[ˈdäktər]
NOUN

a qualified practitioner of medicine; a physician.
synonyms: physician · MD · medical practitioner · clinician · [more]
a person who holds a doctorate:
"he was made a Doctor of Divinity"
an artificial fishing fly.

VERB

change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsify:
"the reports could have been doctored"
[*] synonyms: falsify · tamper with · interfere with · alter · change[/color] [/b]· [more]
informal
(doctoring)
treat (someone) medically:
"he contemplated giving up doctoring"
synonyms: treat · medicate · cure · heal · tend · attend to · [more]

By the way, they openly admit what they are doing in the very name: practicing medicine on you. That goes right along with doctoring.

Cholesterol is only one of their myths. There are others, but these people here wouldn't care to know anyway.

Big Pharma Big Money : Documentary on the Money and Corruption of Big Pharmaceutical Companies

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojZn1P1CxJEk[/youtube]
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Adama: The video wouldn't play. I do tend to agree about these doctors- they iatrogenically assault someone & then people act like what happened is not what occurred- kind of like reality taking a coffee break for them. Doesn't make sense, but then not everything does. It's like if a cop was acting like a lunatic- if someone broke his neck or shot him, there are a lot people that would act like that person was the "bad guy." Thinking like that is a major reason for things not changing for the better. Of course, if someone isn't going to hurt anyone that's not willing to have it happen, that's likely an issue on top of it- they'll only fight the people that don't support whatever it is that they do (which, they likely wouldn't be doing if that were the case).
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Go to youtube and search on the title: Big Pharma Big Money : Documentary on the Money and Corruption of Big Pharmaceutical Companies .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MpWi9td3Zk

Medications actually destroy the body. For example, both Non Steroidal anti inflammatories and a class of blood pressure medications called Ace inhibitors will destroy human kidneys and put people on dialysis for the rest of their lives. You just have to take enough of it for it to destroy your body. Other pills destroy the liver or the brain. Can anyone tell me the human body was designed to process this garbage?

Also, the pills are often ineffective or even cause the very symptoms they are supposed to alleviate, such as anti depressants that cause people to commit suicide.

They are just the pushers for Big pharma.

Most of medicine is just symptom management. They are not concerned about the cause of the disease, only fixing the symptoms. Luckily for every symptom there are many pills.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

Adama wrote:Most of medicine is just symptom management. They are not concerned about the cause of the disease, only fixing the symptoms. Luckily for every symptom there are many pills.
I can testify to this statement on many occassions. I was talking to 1 woman who had only 1 condition (a heart condition), so they gave her a drug to fix it. What happened? Side effects. So what was the doctors answer? More pills for the side effects. Well those pills had side effects too. What was the doctors answer? More pills for those side effects. This lady told me she was on 20 drugs (for only 1 problem), and they wanted to put her on 5 more.

So I told this lady, how did you feel before you started taking the pills? And she said fine. I said, If I was you, I would go back down to like 2 pills and skip the 20 and certainly don't take the 25. I'm not sure if she ever took that advice, but I hope she did.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Nomad wrote:
Adama wrote:Most of medicine is just symptom management. They are not concerned about the cause of the disease, only fixing the symptoms. Luckily for every symptom there are many pills.
I can testify to this statement on many occassions. I was talking to 1 woman who had only 1 condition (a heart condition), so they gave her a drug to fix it. What happened? Side effects. So what was the doctors answer? More pills for the side effects. Well those pills had side effects too. What was the doctors answer? More pills for those side effects. This lady told me she was on 20 drugs (for only 1 problem), and they wanted to put her on 5 more.

So I told this lady, how did you feel before you started taking the pills? And she said fine. I said, If I was you, I would go back down to like 2 pills and skip the 20 and certainly don't take the 25. I'm not sure if she ever took that advice, but I hope she did.
No, she probably didn't, because she'll weigh what the majority of doctors against you and her own health and most likely she'll choose the doctors over reality.

Believe it or not, that sort of thing happens all the time. You'd almost think that these people don't have any common sense. Whenever I took practically any pill, I'd get a side effect almost immediately and stop taking it, seeing as I can see that side effects are worse than the actual diseases themselves.

Here's another example. A belligerent woman I happen to know has high blood pressure. Guess what the doctor prescribed for her to lower her BP? Rogaine. Now she has more hair all over her body than most of the hairy men you would see, and in odd places, like everywhere she has skin she has fur. She says when she went back to her doctor, he wouldn't take her off of rogaine. Instead he advised her to get electrolysis for her hair growth.

Back when I was a kid I was taking an antihistamine called Seldane. Oh those 4 week trials are lies too. Cause guess what? If I remember correctly, seldane was causing people to have heart issues, like palpitation.

Those drug trials themselves are only about 4-8 weeks long. They ignore the evidence they don't want. They rig the statistics in their favor.

And they just weigh the potential they have to pay out in lawsuits vs the long term income they'll receive from the drug. If the income is sufficiently greater than the expected payouts then they keep selling poison. Pretty neat.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

As for the cause of disease, it is pretty obvious in some cases. Like the woman who was prescribed rogaine in tablet form for her blood pressure. All she had to do is probably lose about 60 to 100 pounds of her excess adipose tissue, then her blood pressure problem would likely have evaporated over night. But it is much easier for these people to just take pills. Besides, how much money would GPs make if everybody was thin without diabetes and HBP?

They even have it rigged for the doctors too. The most they can write is a short 30 to 90 day supply of pills. If you want more pills, he isn't gonna phone the pharmacy after those 90 days are up. No, you have to go in for a check up. Then he'll write that script. Oh you can't get to the doc? Well they'll give you two or three pills to carry you over til you can go see the drug pusher, err, ugh doctor again.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Eh, we also save a lot more people than guns, so it's kind of a wash. Look at the life expectancy, cure rates, and such for cancer from 1950 to now. And look at ALL in kids- used to be a fatal disease, now it's got well over a 90% cure rate. Antibiotics turned things that were formerly certain death into relatively minor illnesses.

Compare the mortality rates of basically any disease in the US with the same diseases in, say, Zimbabwe, where health care is scarce, and it's pretty obvious medicine helps a shitload.

Now, here is the real problem- 2/3 of deaths are from preventable disease. People smoke their whole lives and wonder why we can't cure their COPD- your alveolar capillary membrane can't regenerate, it's too complex and can only do so in an embryo, that's ****ing why. They wonder why we can't cure cancer- cancer is literally hundreds of different diseases on a molecular level, each one requires a different approach, and cancer is literally made of you, so killing it without killing you is hard. Heart disease? Your heart is muscle, muscle basically can't grow back, and even if we were to inject some stem cells in there, the fibrous core of your old great would remain, strangling the new tissue as it struggles to beat against it. Liver disease? Again, your liver has a very complex arrangement- it can regenerate, but only to a certain extent. Once you destroy the core architecture, only hepatocytes remain, and they can't rebuild the arteries and veins and bile ducts. Basically the same goes for kidneys. Diabetes? Yeah, you should really have lost some weight, because now you've hyalinized your arterioles, filling then with insoluble material that cannot be digested or removed.

You could have lost weight. Chilled with the red meat. Eaten right. Not used cigarettes or alcohol. Not picked up your third STD. But you did these things and then you come to us and blame us for not being able to undo the lifetime of abuse you have heaped upon your body, with the tools of a field that is, in its modern form, barely over seventy years of age. Yeah, sorry, we're not miracle workers. We can help what's left of your body that you haven't destroyed compensate for the parts that you have. But until we get the whole organ cloning thing down, this is the best we've got, because bodies are complex things that were designed by God or billions of years of evolution that man cannot simply "fix" to be good as new with a few decades of modern science.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Nomad wrote:
aileensiddiqui wrote:Nope, you are wrong
But guns save people too. They protect those who would otherwise be in danger, if they did not exist. For example the Military. They are the first line of defense so another nation cannot just come in and murder people as they please.
Just like a Killer probe from outer space to bring the entire Army into this, yaa you like to kill entire worlds. I've seen your work on TV.

Hey Nomad, have you ever heard the saying " war is when the government tells you who the enemy is and revolution is when you figure it out......! :roll:
Time to Hide!